Page 5 of 87 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Candy in Primal Wonderland page 5

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Feeling lightheaded is no fun. I hope everything rights itself soon. Have fun at the park! That's on our agenda today too, provided it doesn't rain.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Ok, so this is multil step, so bear with me...

First start your coffee, then...

Go toBariatric Foodie: BF Basics: How to Make a Hot Protein Drink

and use her method to make a protein/milk pudding like paste.

Then, I added a tablespoon of kerrygold, and a tablespoon of coconut oil (didn't have MCT) and a few tablespoons of the hot coffee and used a stick blender to mix it all up until a bit frothy, then filled the cup with coffee and added a few drops of liquid stevia. I used Jay Robb chocolate whey protein powder. It has only a few ingredients, actually tastes like chocolate, and is from grass fed cows. Also, he uses Stevia as his sole sweetener in this protein anyway.

This version, has way less fat than the original, and of course more protein. and I think for a woman trying to lose weight is a better option, well lets say for me it was a much better option than the higher fat one. It stayed with me much longer, and I still got the energy kick from the fat. It also tasted heavenly!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Chris! Now I'll first have to look for the protein powder (will look for it tomorrow).

OK, great news (for me at least!): DH was working from home and when he came up for a cup of coffee he said he wanted to "try this eating like you do" (WOOOOOHOOOW!). His only concern is breakfast: he thinks he can't jump breakfast 'cause he's always hungry in the morning (so was I before going primal), and he gets bored of eating eggs. I told him about the 80/20 rule and that breakfast could be his 20. He always has muesli for breakfast, so I bought him a type with as little gluten as possible. He wants to try this, so I don't want to push/rush anything. He'll grow into it, I'm sure .

This morning I just took my coffee with a tbsp of coconut milk and ate one of Batty's Blueberry butter balls (I call them 4B's I added a few medjool dates to them as well). I wasn't lightheaded today, in fact I felt great .
    Lunch was leftovers: roasted salmon and roasted fennel & sweet potato.
    Dinner will be smoked fish (salmon, mackerel, matie's, trout) with a BAS and some guacamole. The weather is great, we had 20C (68F) today; the kids are playing outside now. I had to go shopping because I didn't have any clothes for this weather . Really! I had to give away all my clothes from the past years as I've lost 27 kg (60lb) since last year. I also bought some new lingerie.
    OK, now I'm going to play a little with the kids!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Oh, Candy. Primal breakfasts are the best!
    There are lots of recipes on site and the interweb for Primal granolas, which would be great substitutes for muesli. And there's nothing like protein leftovers, or even a fresh piece of meat for breakfast. One of my littlest's favorite breakfasts is a nice grilled lamb chop. Middlest loves soup for breakfast.
    I'm excited for you that your husband wants to get on board. Easier for you, and improved health for him. And a double influence for your children!
    I also remade the BBBBs with some added sweetener. I needed a little kick with them, and the blueberries just weren't enough.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Muesli is so easy to make yourself....LCHF-breakfast in the summer | Dietdoctor.com

I used to make homemade 'granola' for my hubs, but he like bars better so I make those now, but the bars are not totally primal, working on the recipe just not quite gotten to where totally primal is a good substitute. But they are still better than any store bought versions.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Sabine, he does eat leftovers (meat, fish) sometimes for breakfast, so I don't think it'll be a problem for him to move away from the muesli. I think it's more psychological .

Thanks for the link, Chris!

Just a short entry today, had a nice day in the spring sun
    Breakfast: coffee, 2 BBBBalls and 1 creamy coconut/chocolat bonbon
    Lunch: steamed veggies with a leftover from yesterday's fish and a piece of french cheese (Tomme de Montagne)
    Afternoon snack: raw pecan/raw cocoa nibbles
    Dinner: slowcooked duckleg (my mom bought it in France yesterday) with some more steamed veggies

Didn't feel like running this morning, but then decided to go running while my son Lex was at the ranch for his horse riding lesson. Went shoe-shopping with my mom this morning. Had an easy afternoon in the spring sun .

I thought I'd have breakfast this morning, it is the weekend after all! So I had a banana-coconut milk smoothie (although I wasn't hungry). Oh boy, it's been on my stomach the whole morning .
    Skipped lunch, because my stomach still wasn't very happy, starting to feel a little better now.
    OK, I'm off grocery shopping and then I intend to spend some time in the sun in our garden!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Isn't it interesting, how once your body starts working as it should, when you feed if it is not hungry, there are problems.

I never had that situation when I was ALWAYS abusing my body- I guess it just didn't know the difference. Now it is educated. And not afraid to speak up when I blow it.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Candy,

Just caught up on your journal. I love how you and your family live in and travel throughout Europe. So Jealous. I lived in Spain for 4 months 20+ years ago. I always wanted to go back. I am a Mom to three sons as well ages 16,14 & 7.

I want to see bellydancing pictures here soon, so get back to it!
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Page 5 of 87 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast