Page 48 of 87 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Candy in Primal Wonderland page 48

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm not taking the dog in my house, he pee's in the house every night! I'm really sorry for the dog, but NOT in my house, no way! Yesterday afternoon DS1 wasn't home (and I was still in the office) and the dog ran away. So when I got back home I had to go look for him, I'm glad I found him back! Yesterday evening we made sure he couldn't go to the living room (confining him to kitchen and porch) and tonight he's been good, we haven't heard him.
    See, that's the main reason why we only have 2 rabbits in our garden an no cat or dog. The rabbits have lots of space and have each other's company, it's no problem to leave them as long as someone feeds them regularly. But I would feel so sorry for a dog being home all alone all day while we're at work/school and having to look for someone to take care of him/her while on holiday. It took months to convince DH about the bunnies, because he feels the same! I even feel sorry for a fish confined to a bowl, we had 2 goldfish at some point, because we got them as a gift , but after they died I said never again!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Just had to share this picture of my youngest son, isn't he gorgeous?

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Definitely gorgeous!

Oh, yeah! Peeing dogs in the house just do not work. I agree with you about the animals -- so totally. We have three cats who definitely entertain each other, and they still miss us if we are gone for an hour or two. I basically don't go anywhere overnight, unless it's an emergency! Hope your neighbors get back soon!

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Beautiful boy you have there! I see lots of flocking girls in his future...... maybe even now????
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Beautiful boy you have there! I see lots of flocking girls in his future...... maybe even now????
    Lol, at the age of 9 he's NOT into girls yet . Neighbor's dog behaved today, he didn't escape. DS1 did spend half a day with him though, so he wouldn't feel alone.
    Yesterday's WOD @CrossFit almost had me crying, it was heavy! But I did handstands!!! I was always afraid to do them, don't know why because I was able to do them when I was young. But yesterday I succeeded. We did 20 minutes sets of 5 deadlifts (45 kg) then handstand as long as possible. Then we did: 40 ketlebell swings, 20 burpees, 30 KBS, 15 burpees, 20 KBS, 10 burpees, 10 KBS, 5 burpees. Nearly killed me !
    Today was a lazy day in my garden. I did work on the birth gifts for my godchild-to-be. I feel gooooooood. It's so nice to have real summer weather for a whi'e, although it might be raining again soon. I'm enjoying every bit of sunshine we get!
    I put a recipe for gazpacho with a twist on my blog.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Handstands! I am gob-smacked!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    You can send the rain to us. We have crops dying in nearly every field because we have gotten no measurable rainfall all season. Even our winter was drier than usual, so no flooding this year. Just box up your rain and airmail it to Iowa please!

Your son is darling!!

Can your son stay next door with the dog? Might make the dog happier overnight and result in less peeing?

What about using coconut milk in your recipes that require milk? Or do you do that already?
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Jenn, I wish it was that simple, just box the clouds and send them to you .

The dog stopped peeing so much in the house now that we confine him to the veranda at night. And DS1 is spending some more time with him and the cat. He also found the hole from which the dog escaped, he hasn't escaped since!

I already use coconut milk in many recipes, but replacing cream cheese is a little harder to do . I've tried to make "no-cheesecake" with creamed coconut instead of cream cheese, but it turned out way to heavy. Recipe needs some more tweaking .

I finally found some good, complete probiotics and I immediately saw a difference in my stool. But the last days it's getting a bit harder again, so I think I'm going to up the dose (it says on the box to take 1 - 4 capsules/day, I'm at 2/day now). Another thing that happened is that I lost 2 kg since taking these probiotics (started 1 week ago), although I didn't change anything in my diet. I'm sticking to a 80/20 approach at the moment, enjoying Greek yogurt, chocolate (high cocoa, sweetened with coconut sugar) and the things I bake (always grainfree, but with added sweeteners as maple syrup, honey or coconut sugar) on a daily basis (not all of it daily ). And sometimes a glass (or 2) of red wine. I'm really looking forward to start a Whole30 in September. I was thinking of just starting it tomorrow, but DH and I will be spending a weekend in Ghent (11th - 13th August) without the kiddo's and I want to be able to eat out and drink some wine those 3 days (and enjoy the Leonard Cohen concert!!!). Anyhow, I'm 'recruiting' some friends and CrossFitters to join me in September.

Challenge of the day: make "primal mac&cheese" . I'm thinking cauliflower instead of macaroni...I think it's more appropriate with cheese than zoodles/zucchetti (and spaghetti squash can't be found anywhere right now).

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I've wondered about this dish, maybe trying ricing the cauliflower instead of boiling it. Mmmm, makes me want some cheddar.

Page 48 of 87 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast