Page 46 of 86 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Candy in Primal Wonderland page 46

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I love those bird nests.
    Enjoy your 'staycation' with your honey! No kids at home can be a lot of fun.

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    Hi Candy
    I got my one and only Tatoo in my 40's!!! I had never even wanted one. It is small and hidden though and I do not regret it!

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Hi everyone, just a quick update. I'm reallly enjoying the 'staycation' (hihi, thanks Sabine) with DH, every single minute of it!
    The kiddo's are having a great time in Sicily with my parents, thanks to modern technology we talk regulary over skype .
    I'll have a lot of catching up to do in everyone's journals, that'll keep me busy when I'm back at work .

I did decide to postpone the Whole30 to September . I want to enjoy a glass of wine, or some chocolate and even ice cream once in a while . September will be the right moment to get "back in shape". I'm keeping an eye on my weight, just making sure it doesn't go up, but so far so good.

OK, I'm off again, going to a festival with DH!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I'm glad you're enjoying your vacation. I wish I had been more responsible with my leave so I could take a few days off. Gonna be a few weeks before I can take more than one day... I get one day a month of accumulated leave, so if I want to take a week off, I'll have to wait 4 more months!! EEK! Enjoy your time!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Time off is so important! We need a break from the routine every once in a while. I'm glad you are enjoying time alone with hubby
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

I'm back (in the office that is ). I really enjoyed those 2 weeks alone with DH, but I'm happy that my boys are back home now (since yesterday evening)!
    And now I'm off to read all of your journals!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Hey there, Candy. We've missed you.

Hi Sabine, I thought of you girls often but was busy doing nothing special with DH .

Ugh, the weather here in Belgium has been just awful the last week, it's been raining every single day! Today started nice and sunny, but now it's all cloudy again (with rain). What a difference for my kiddo's: yesterday morning the left Sicily with 45C (113F) and here it was hardly 15C (59F) . I'm sick and tired of the rain and desperately need some sunshine! Wednesday should be ok (or at least not raining), let's hope it gets better soon.

I'm going to do a Whole30 in September, and DH wants to join me. He's only a bit concerned about what he'll be eating for breakfast and lunches at work: he still has (homemade spelt sourdough) bread then. I'm planning on just starting to cook double amounts of dinner, so there's enough left for breakfast and lunches on other days. I'm going to try to challenge DS1 to join, I'm kind of hoping it would help with behavioral problems too (ADHD/ODD)? But he's 16 and is a first class sugar addict. I've cleaned out my kitchen cupboards last week and found several empty cake decoration jars (you know, those sugary and colorful sprinkels and hearts and things)! I know they were NOT empty last time I used those (in my pre-primal times)!
    Last edited by Candy in Wonderland; 07-16-2012 at 04:58 AM. Reason: updating as I think about things ;)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    dwain391 is a spambot thingy.......... just hit my journal too, only used one of my own posts so it was pretty obvious. I sure wish they could do something about this.

Glad to hear your time with hubby was good! I think getting your son OFF sugar would make a huge difference in his behavior! Don't give him the option, just don't supply him with stuff he shouldn't eat! Great job at cleaning out the kitchen/pantry!

My son (26) has finally learned that what he eats greatly effects his body in every way. He cut out all dairy and his lifelong struggle with seasonal allergies is GONE. And, he cut out bread and his lifelong struggle with acne is also gone! No more need to spend his hard earned dollars on ProActive! yeah! If your son can see and feel the difference in his own behavior as a result of cutting sugar (and carbs in general) I'm sure he would be happy to continue it on his own.

So, vacation is over and its back to reality........
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I think getting your son OFF sugar would make a huge difference in his behavior! Don't give him the option, just don't supply him with stuff he shouldn't eat! Great job at cleaning out the kitchen/pantry!

My son (26) has finally learned that what he eats greatly effects his body in every way. He cut out all dairy and his lifelong struggle with seasonal allergies is GONE. And, he cut out bread and his lifelong struggle with acne is also gone! No more need to spend his hard earned dollars on ProActive! yeah! If your son can see and feel the difference in his own behavior as a result of cutting sugar (and carbs in general) I'm sure he would be happy to continue it on his own.

So, vacation is over and its back to reality........
    I don't supply him with the bad stuff, but then he spends is pocket money on it (that and cigarettes, stupid stupid stupid boy!!!). And he doesn't get that much pocket money, but still he spends it on such stupid things it makes me want to shake him and ask him what's in his head instead of brains! I'll have to really challenge him to do this with me, and promise him something he really wants if he can do it . He'll be staying 2 weeks with his other grandparents (my ex-MIL in Italy) in august and will be eating nothing but high carb foods: lots of pasta, white bread, sugary stuff and junk food *sigh*, so I hope he'll feel kind of sick of it and willing to take the challenge when he returns .

Back to reality indeed, but luckily I work part-time (only Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday-morning), so I still have enough time to spend with the kids . And DH is still home now, then works 2 weeks and then he's home till the end of August! And I have another week off in August too. Now all we need is nicer weather!

Page 46 of 86 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast