Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Candy in Primal Wonderland page 4

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    DH is out of the country until Wednesday evening. I decided to go for an easy dinner: spaghetti alla carbonara (with bacon and eggs) for the kids and an omelet with bacon and spinach for myself. I think I had a little too much, but it was so good!

Think I'll skip breakfast and maybe even lunch tomorrow....
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you had a real fine time this weekend. Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself. I'm really not to a point where I can skip meals yet. Idk, maybe I just don't eat enough.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

If someone told me 2 months ago I would be skipping breakfast, or at least not get hungry before 11am I would have said he's crazy. If someone would have told me last year that I wouldn't mind feeling a bit hungry, that I would think it's just a "funny feeling in my stomach", I would have laughed and asked what he'd been smoking . But it's true for me now: since I realized I don't have to eat if I'm not hungry I don't have breakfast until I get hungry (I do have coffee with coconut milk when I get up). And I usually don't get hungry before 11am, and even then I can wait, because it really is just a funny feeling in my stomach. Back when I was 'sugar addicted" being hungry was painful, I would get all shaky and aggressive!
    You'll get there too, Jenn!

I've been reading wineandcandy's journal, got to 2011 (page 66) . Bedtime now!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I always do coffee and cream first thing. Not because I have to have caffeine, but because I really like it a lot! So it is not technically considered an IF, but on my days off I usually end up not getting hungry till almost lunch time. In which case I have to decide if I am going to do lunch or breakfast. But I don't decide ahead of time to skip a meal as for me that feels like dieting, which I will never do again.

I have gotten to where feeling hungry is no longer something to be feared.

I had a friend years ago and we were having a conversation in which I made a statement about how hungry I was right as I was going to sleep and was too tired to get up and get anything so I just slept it off. And she said "didn't it feel great?" I was stunned that someone would actually think it felt good to feel hungry. We were both pregnant with our first, so that is 19 years ago, and I still remember the comment that is how stunned I was.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

I'm not really doing IF yet. I just decided to eat only when I'm hungry (and I mean hungry ).

Got through the morning with a coffee and coconut milk, didn't get hungry until lunch time. Decided to have lunch with my kids: ate half a smoked mackerel and some smoked sprat and on of Batty's Blueberry butter balls (thanks to wineandcandy's journal; I made those yesterday evening/this morning; added 4 chopped medjool dates for my sweet tooth). I felt hungry half an hour later, but didn't really want to eat anything I found around the house. Decided to have a tablespoon of almond butter and yum, that stuff is so good! I had it in the pantry since months, but didn't eat it until now. Not hungry now anymore
    Dinner tonight will be pork ribs, they're cooking in the slow cooker (with pineapple and five-spice) right now . When my 2 youngest come home from school we're going to the forest for some play-time (including some sprints, jumping on-and-off benches and laughing a lot). Spring has finally arrived here in Belgium and I intend to get as much sun as my skin can take without burning .

Got to page 96 on w&c's journal and even worked in between (or better, read the journal while waiting for the screen to refresh on the application I work in, it can be really slow, taking minutes to get from one screen to the next).

Back from our run/walk/play in the forest. We saw a rabbit and a squirrel, I love squirrels . I jumped on and off a bench 4 times, no more because my thighs and calves were burning after my running routine. I also did a sprint to our house, but had to stop just a few meters from home because my thighs were killing me. I'm kind of proud of myself, I didn't feel like running but I did (I did 1' running - 1' walking, 2' run 2' walk, 4' run 3' walk twice and finished with 5' run).

Just put some fennels and sweet potatoes in the oven to roast (with cumin, sea salt, pepper and chili flakes and some olive and coconut oil) and when that's ready it's dinner time!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I am working on the sugar addiction. Today I feel less hungry than I did yesterday. Unfortunately, I had history class this morning and in order to stay awake, I munched on primal goodies.

It sounds like you had a great time with your kiddos. Take care of those legs!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I read about Bulletproof coffee in Spubba's journal, so yesterday evening I googled it and read about it. I thought I might give it a try, so this morning I had Bulletproof coffee (although I used the coffee beans I have now, don't know if they're good enough but I payed them enough so not planning on throwing them away :s ). I felt ok at first, but around 10h30 am I started to feel a bit faint. I only had half the recipe, so I thought I'd make myself another one.
    I didn't get hungry, but around 11am I felt really faint and lightheaded. I had to go and pick up my little niece at school and felt so weak I was afraid I couldn't concentrate on driving the car, so I had 3 small dates (no added sugar).
    Picked up niece, grocery shopping and I still felt a bit lightheaded, but quite ok.
    Back home I made lunch for the kids (my niece and 2 youngest sons) and as I still felt quite lightheaded I decided to have lunch as well, although I wasn't hungry. I had some leftover ribs and roasted veggies from yesterday evening.
    I treated the kids to a small easter egg and one dark chocolate one was left in the bag....I decided to eat it and enjoyed every bit of it .
    I'm still lightheaded, don't know what this is....I'll be going to the park with the kids this afternoon, they can play in the playground and I can knit a bit in the sun, it's such beautiful spring weather!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I used to make a version of BulletProof where I used the full amount of coffee, but only half the coconut oil and butter, but then had figured out how to add a scoop of protein powder (which normally globs up, and I can't remember what I did so it wouldn't, but googled it) anyway, got the needed fat, and protein as well, and it made me feel much better. Just too much work for me in the morning! If you are interested I can see if I can find the instructions.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

That would be great. I'm tracking my food in PaleoTrack and I'm a little high on fat today and quite low on protein :s . So I think the BP coffee is great when doing IF and not having lunch. But being home with the kids this afternoon (we're going to the park now) I needed to get my brain to work .

Page 4 of 87 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast