Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Candy in Primal Wonderland page 2

BygoneCat is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi Candy - so glad to see you here. We have a lot in common. None of the fibro drugs worked for me at all. In fact, one of them put me in the hospital. I am also noticing how great this is for my skin - so soft! Anyway, glad to meet another newbie.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I agree with you, Candy, about marijuana use being a short term fix. I just wish she'd listen to someone with a little nutrition background or look into the nutrition thing herself. I'm glad you're feeling so much better! I can't imagine what it's like to have chronic pain.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    You know, when you have a chronic (pain) condition people do tend to give advice: oh maybe you should try this, or hey, a friend of mine got cured miraculously with this etc. etc. And you try this, you try that and nothing works for you. At the end you just think: "yeah right" every time someone tells you "try this". So I think I kind of understand your mom. I've been there. Maybe it's good I found out about paleo/primal on my own, when already starting to feel the difference because I was on this diet. If someone told me last year: hey, try this primal thing and don't eat grains anymore, it's gonna solve all your pain problems I would have thought yeah right and not even try, because I already tried so many things.
    Anyhow, I feel the same urge now to share this information, I have a virtual friend who is in such bad shape with auto-immune diseases (Chronic Fatigue syndrome, fibro, stomach/bowel, thyroid, inflammations,....) I just want to tell her: TRY THIS! But I know she's not going to listen to me *sigh*. Same with my sister, she has narcolepsy. I asked her to try at least to go gluten-free and see if that helps, but she's skeptical and doesn't want to try...yet. I hope now I can just give her "a good example" and she'll be convinced of me looking/feeling better and maybe then she'll give it a try.
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Quote Originally Posted by BygoneCat View Post
    Hi Candy - so glad to see you here. We have a lot in common. None of the fibro drugs worked for me at all. In fact, one of them put me in the hospital. I am also noticing how great this is for my skin - so soft! Anyway, glad to meet another newbie.
    I'm glad to get to know some more people here too! Thanks for stopping by

Tried to make mayonnaise (for like the 2nd time in my life? And I brag about being a good cook???), I added too much salt and can't seem to get it thick enough, but it's not really bad . Boiled an egg and cut up a green onion and added that and some mayo to leftover cod from yesterday. Had some letuce with it for lunch.
    Breakfast was a blueberry-coconut milk smoothie and had a handful of nuts when I got hungry around 11h30.

Dinner will be "Sin Chili Con Carne", my middle son Lex has been asking for it since he saw the recipe in my paleo cookbook (Everyday Paleo from Sarah Fragoson). Kids and DH will have taco shells with that, I'll have some home-made guacamole and full-fat Greek yogurt and roasted pumpkin with Moroccan spices.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Homemade mayonnaise without tears (Basics) | Just Hungry

This one has pictures of the process, maybe it will help. It also makes a LOT! I would half the recipe, if I was to make it, but I don't use much mayo.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Homemade mayonnaise without tears (Basics) | Just Hungry

This one has pictures of the process, maybe it will help. It also makes a LOT! I would half the recipe, if I was to make it, but I don't use much mayo.
    Thanks for the link! I used the whole egg, not only the yolks, maybe that's why it just stayed a bit runny!
    The 'Sin Chili con Carne' was absolutely fabulous! This is a recipe I'll be making more often .

This morning (and yesterday morning) I'm feeling a bit 'out of breath'. I wonder if maybe it's due to low iron levels because of my period? It only occurs in the morning and I start to feel better around this time (11am now). Maybe I just should have skipped breakfast, I wasn't even hungry. I'm still falling in that 'eating because it's time to eat' trap, should start listening more to my body before putting anything in my mouth because of 'habit'. This morning I made it thanks to routine though, I woke up with the news on the radio and that was just terrible : a bus full of (Belgian) children had an accident in Switzerland, 28 dead people (of which 22 children); they were returning home after being away on ski-trip with school. My heart goes out to the families of the victims, I was just so happy that my kids were home and gave them a big hug!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I usually make it with whole egg too. Maybe you poured the oil in too fast?

I saw that bit of news as well, so very sad.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    I hate hearing about accidents that injure or kill children. It's so heartbreaking and unfair when children are taken from this earth because they didn't do anything wrong, you know? THEY didn't wreck the bus, why should they pay the cost? So sad. I feel terrible for the families and my heart goes out to them.

I haven't tried making mayo yet. I might attempt it this weekend if I have time. It seems we'll be out of the house all day on Saturday into Saturday evening. I hope I can keep my primal wits about me!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Jenn, it was really a bad accident and it isn't know yet what caused it, there were no other cars involved. They're thinking 2 possibilities: something happened to the bus-driver or technical issue with the steering. The whole country is mourning the death of these kids, 12 year olds returning home (also the 2 bus drivers and some teachers died). What a sad day . My almost-12 yo son Lex will be going away with school for a week next month. Although they're only going to the Belgian coast (2 hour drive away from home) I try not to think about all that can happen. Well, it's stupid thinking that anyway, there's a higher risk of anyone getting hurt any day in daily traffic. Better not going there and just love and care for each other every day .

My eating yesterday:
    B: banana, raw cocoa nibs and coconut milk smoothie (no honey)
    L: a slice of cooked ham, a few slices of smoked lamb (raw ham style) and a cup of coffee with full fat cream
    D: vegetable soup (Brussels sprouts), leftover Sin chili con carne and purslane salad with mustard vinaigrette and bacon

This morning I only had a cup of coffee with coconut milk, not hungry yet. I'm going to get my nails done this morning and this afternoon I'm going to the hairdresser, bit of me-time today .

Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast