Page 15 of 87 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Candy in Primal Wonderland page 15

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    I second that
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Wow what a dinner! We didn't have much of an Easter lunch this year, so today I decided to prepare a fabulous After-Easter dinner : slow-roasted marinated (grass-fed) lamb shoulder with roasted sweet potatoes and haricots (green beans) with garlic and sliced almonds. Wow! This was just fantastic! And almost no work at all. I will put the recipe on my blog right away...no pictures sadly, because it was soooooo good I just forgot to take a picture!
    We had fresh strawberries with biological whipped cream (42% fat, it was so thick I hardly had to beat it!) with a little palm sugar.

Nothing much more to say, we had an 'easy' day. Diddy's girlfriend came over, they "hung out" in the park with friends this afternoon and she stayed for lunch and dinner (she lives 18 km from here, it's 15 minutes by car, but almost an hour by bus). Off to read all your journals now

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    I love hearing how excited this entry was You go girl!!

Recipes for our "After-Easter Dinner" can be found here: Slow-roasted marinated lamb | Candy in Wonderland

Today I went to the movies with the kids, we saw "The Pirates: band of Misfits", it was funny . Kiddo's had popcorn (we had a voucher for free popcorn), but I brought a handful raw pecan/raw cocoa nibbs. Just hearing all the other people chewing on their snacks gives me the munchies .
    I also baked 4 spelt-sourdough breads (enough for a whole week for the children and DH).
    At lunch we had leftover lamb from yesterday, with a fennel-orange-salad. Dinner was roasted red beets and leftover green beans with almonds (from yesterday) with meatballs in tomato-sauce (the kids had spelt pasta with them).
    Going to spend some time with DH now .

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a nice weekend ahead. Glad the bread is working for your family. Sometimes you just have to ease them into changes even if it is not where you want them - it is all part of the journey.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

Alessandra is offline Senior Member
    Hmm, the snack idea for the movies sounds like a good one!
    Don't let nobody try and take your soul. You're the original . --Switchfoot- The Original

GW: 135 SW: 156.8 CW: 156.8

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    Candy I loved the movie snack idea~ and funny enough even though I have never been a pop-corn eater I feel the same as you when I hear others eating it at the movies!!!!WTH??

Isn't it true! And I knew I wasn't hungry, just felt like nibbling away. Pecans and raw cocoa is way better than popcorn (also in taste!) and as I brought only a handful I didn't go crazy on it either .

Yesterday is a whole different story though . I went to CrossFit with the kids and on the way home (it was past lunchtime) I ate too many nuts/dried cherries. When we got home DH already had lunch ready (big omelet with bacon, yum yum!) and I had an avocado with that. I went grocery shopping in the afternoon and when I got home I just "wanted" a banana (I had taken them with me for after workout, but had the nuts instead). So I had a banana while making dinner....and then wasn't hungry anymore but as we were all having dinner together I felt obliged to eat *sigh*. Had a bowl of tomato-paprika-soup (with little meatballs) and then a little mackerel (fresh, roasted in the oven) and a few roasted purple and yellow carrots (I saw them at the shop and found it so funny, purple carrots!) and felt stuffed.
    After dinner I went out with my BFF (we meet up once every few months and chat the night away ). We had tea and coffee and I couldn't resist and had a crème brûlée, and 3 coconut cookies (grain-free, but not sugar-free) and a chocolate.... Hmmm. Oh well, I enjoyed it and as Sabine also said, today is a new day .

Time to get dressed, we already had lunch and I'm still in my pajama's.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Today's eats:
    B: coffee with coconut milk and 2 BBBalls
    L: leftover roasted purple and yellow carrots with leftover mackerel
    S: strawberries with full-fat Greek yogurt
    D: oven roasted chicken with a wonderful spice mixture I received in a foodswap, a salad, homemade applesauce (apples, coconut oil and 1 tbsp maple syrup) and homemade fries (only a small handful for me). And 1 glass of red wine

Tomorrow DH and me will be back at work and kids back to school, I'm a little sad the Easter holiday is over again . I love spending time with my family, really enjoyed it even if the weather wasn't really cooperative . Oh well, 2.5 months to go to summer holiday!

Page 15 of 87 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast