Page 14 of 87 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Candy in Primal Wonderland page 14

Lizard is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I were trying to twist my hubby's rubber arm today at lunch aswell to join me with Primal, looking good I just have to put it out there :-)
    Nobody can imprison your power of imagination.

Restarted the journey:
    SW: 153lbs (Starting date - 05/08/2013)
    CW: 146lbs (13/08/2013)
    GW: 130lbs

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    My husband mentioned to me this morning that his digestive system was paying him back for eating grains this weekend. lol

My daughter, I have noticed, is not a big pasta or bread eater. She usually leaves most of it on her plate. I wonder if that means she's got some issues dealing with grains that I haven't noticed yet. But she LOVES her meat and will usually gobble it all up in a flash.

My boy is addicted to processed food. Probably has a bit of a sugar addiction going on. Working with him to choose fruit over garbage, but it's trying at times. He'll come around - he's only 5.

I would LOVE to go to the gym with my family, but it's a little impossible given their ages. Hopefully in the future we'll have our family gym time.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    Good Job Candy~glad you are working with your famly.. Thats what I do too!

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lopisheep View Post
    Gosh, how does one even figure out they have a bad gall bladder or bad adrenals or whatever?
    A gallbladder attack, IMO, feels worse than nonstop labor pains..

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    A gallbladder attack, IMO, feels worse than nonstop labor pains..
    AGREE! I had to have my gallbladder removed several years ago; I remember saying to my DH I'd rather give birth again to a 4,5kg (10 lb) baby (yes, that's what my youngest weighed at birth) than having another gallbladder attack...

So, I'm back, I've been a bit busy the last few days . On Monday I've worked, keeping 7 little girls busy on a birthday party (it's what I do as a little side-business) at my friends house. She made a wonderfull victoria-sponge cake with fruit and whipped cream, I only had a small bowl of fresh strawberries with whipped cream .
    Yesterday we had seafood-enchillada (a recipe from Everyday Paleo) with roasted sweet potatoes and guacamole. I went to Crossfit with oldest and youngest son (DH wasn't feeling well and Lex stayed home with him).
    This morning DH had a vasectomy, so I went to the hospital with him. After 2,5 hours we were back home . He's feeling ok.
    Lunch today was a "insalata caprese" (tomatoes, basil and buffalo mozzarella, black pepper, olive oil and a little balsamic vinegar). DH had 2 slices of my first homemade sourdough-spelt-bread with it. Tonight we'll have chicken thighs with tomatoes, bell peppers and a salad (and rice for the kiddo's).
    I'm on holiday this week, and so are kids an DH, so we're trying to spend some time together (that's why I haven't been online yesterday).

@Jenn: there are some exercises you can do with even small kids! Try playing "caveman" , it's what I do with my kids sometimes: one of them has to be the prey, and the other (you included of course) are the hunters who have to catch the prey (sprints!). Then you have to carry the prey to your cave (Lift heavy things). You can play "wheelbarrow" (place hands on the ground, the kids take you by the knees and you 'walk' on your hands; then change places), have them hop over each other. Jump with both feet on (low) bench (my kids are better at that than I am!). Oh, and try to teach them rope skipping! You see, it's play AND exercise AND quality time all in one!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Oh, you're belgian too and have a son named Lex just like me??? What a coincidence!!! Yeah right, I think I'll hit the "triangle of death" on you, spammer . Or should I be proud, it's my first spammer .

Oh, forgot to mention, I am PAIN-MEDICATION FREE as of yesterday, woohoow!!!

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Wow, Candy IW, awesome on being free of your pain meds! As your body gets the remnants out it can only improve your overall health! Excellent work! And it sounds like your kids and hubby are coming around. It can be quite a challenge on some levels - hubby is on board with me but the kids can resist at times and I can imagine with your kids being that much older it would be harder. But if you persist and just don't keep junk in the house, and don't get too pushy either (that fun parental tightrope) I bet they will come around. Do you think you could challenge them to try it for a few weeks and then if they don't feel better and stronger etc they could go back to the less healthy stuff? Just thinking out loud... depends a lot on what they are like personality wise. Good luck getting them all on board!
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Wow! I am so happy for you. No more meds. I think that is the best thing you can do for your health as they mess everything else up, it seems. I keep watching people taking meds, and their issues just get worse and worse, and -- of course -- doctors never even address diet! Congratulations. You deserve a special primal meal. Great about DH too. That will take a lot of stress away for all of you:-)

@Coll: I'm making sure they eat as healthy as possible at home; started making my own sourdough spelt bread too. I don't buy "junk food" anymore (or accept it in my house - exception made for a limited amount of easter eggs); if it's not there, they don't ask about it! They only have (homemade) bread with breakfast and lunch now (now more cereals!), we'll see how it evolves from here . I don't want to push it, and will still allow them "non-primal" (or "junk") food when we're at other people's houses and hope they will start to choose the healthier options when they start feeling the difference.
    @Pam: I know a few people with auto-immune problems (one with MS, one with CVS) and my MIL has some health problems too that I guess would be "cured" with leaving the grains out....but they are soooo into CW . Especially MIL is really into low-fat (as she has high cholesterol issues too). When I mentioned I don't "do" breakfast anymore, because I'm not hungry in the morning, MIL and FIL both were shocked, because don't I know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day??? So I (cowardly) decided not to go there and just leave it (I just replied I didn't think our ancestors had 3 meals, let alone 6! meals a day and day still survived, didn't they?). I can only try to 'set the example' and continue on this LIFESTYLE to show them wrong.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    That's my thinking too... no more talk about how they should be following me... instead I'll take my own path and show them that I'm making progress and they aren't. My MIL has fibro like you. She went to the Mayo Clinic last week and they touched on some aspects of diet (known trigger foods like nightshades and alcohol) but did not touch on wheat as a trigger. I should buy her a copy of Wheat Belly. I believed Mark when she said wheat(grains) were bad, but something about Wheat Belly just solidified that logic for me.

But, I'm done suggesting... I just want to tell them: do what you want and see how you feel later... as for me and my family, we will follow in the footsteps of our ancestors (as much as I can with my hubby and kids) and see who feels better. When you're ready to feel better too, give me a call. Until then, do NOT tell me I'm eating too much bacon, too much fat, or too many eggs. I know what I'm doing.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Page 14 of 87 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast