Page 12 of 87 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Candy in Primal Wonderland page 12

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I can barely do a single-under!! hahaha Coordination is not my forte.

I am going to look into CrossFit boxes now - or at least look at some WODs b/c today is STRENGTH day and I am SO excited to feel STRONG!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Dag! I think you're on afternoon now, so hope you've had a great primal day.

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Pam, I did . Just knowing that I'll be home with my husband and kids for 11 days makes me happy! This afternoon I went to a Volvo dealer, ordering DH's new company car. He's having a V50. Now I hope we'll be able to sell his car (a Renault Espace) soon, 'cause we'll be buying new garden furniture with that money . We've seen some nice teak tables, I just love recycled teak!

Tomorrow will be a super relaxed day! DH and me are going to a sauna for 3 hours around lunchtime (champaign and snacks are included, I'll make sure to take some primal snacks for myself - it was a voucher he received as christmas gift). After that we'll come home to get dressed and then go to Antwerp for dinner at a Thai restaurant (we've been there once a few years ago and it was really good, I can eat almost anything on their menu if I just ask them to leave out rice and/or noodles). We'll be home late and kids are going to stay with my parents, I love to spend some quality time with my love .

What I've had today:
    B: coffee with full-fat cream
    S: left-over beef sausage
    L: left-over salmon and asparagus with some cream cheese, cup of full-fat Greek yogurt with teaspoon honey
    D: roast beef with carrots and green peas
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Sounds like you have a great day planned. I would love to get some teak furniture, but I can't afford it presently. Teak is expensive (at least it is here). Enjoy your time at the sauna!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

It's really expensive here too, Jenn; that's why we want to sell the car first, then we'll have the budget

Shamia is offline Senior Member
    Hoi! Just dropped by to say hi - marked your journal for reading tomorrow Enjoy your spa day!

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    The sauna day and dinner DH sounds wonderful.. Have a great time girl!!

Hi Shamia!

Yesterday was a wonderful day . First DH and I had 3 hours in a private sauna with swimming pool and jacuzzi. We had a glass of champaign (or actually Cava, the Spanish version) each and some 'snacks': some cheese and salami (I had some) and crackers (I didn't touch those). I only had a sip of the cava, as it gives me heartburn (white wine also does that to my stomach).
    We went to a really nice Thai restaurant and had a lovely dinner:
    Starter: prawn soup: spicy but fresh at the same time
    Main dish: duck with exotic herbs and spices: very nice! We got the rice separately, I had only about a teaspoon of it (just to taste)
    Dessert: crème brulée made with coconut milk and pineapple juice with palmsugar (pretty primal ).
    We shared a bottle of red wine and I also had enough water.
    We went into Antwerp by tram, leaving the car on a park+ride parking outside the city, so I sobered up by the time we got to the car .
    I slept in until 9 o'clock this morning, kids are still at my parent's house. I'm going to pick them up in half an hour, but first I'm going to make some BBBBalls for me and 'primal nutella' for the kids . I'm still tweaking the recipe to get as close as possible to the "real thing" (although son Lex loves it already, youngest son Lou still asks why I can't buy Nutella anymore ).

I'll try to find some time to go through all journals later!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    What a wonderful time with your honey. Fun, relaxing, adventurous time with loved ones is very primal. And that creme brulee sounds heavenly.
    I have been playing with Winencandy's coconut-chocolate recipe, adding a little almond butter into the center(heavenly). My next experiment will be with hazelnut butter, which might be nutella-ish.

I see I forgot to mention we went for a pre-dinner drink in a bar yesterday evening and I had a glass of Ricard . I love Ricard (or pastis in general) once in a while because it reminds me of our picture-perfect holiday in Bretagne (Brittany) last year, so many lovely memories! We went 2 weeks during the Easter Holidays, rented a house at the Pink Granite Coast, did long hikes with our kids. We had so much luck with the weather; I used to drink a pastis almost every evening before dinner, sitting outside in the sun. It was the best holiday ever with our children.

Today has been a really easy day, had my nails done and went for grocery shopping.
    B: coffee with double creme
    L: chicory with chicken-egg-mayo salad
    S: some grapes
    D: sirloin steak with tomatoes, chicory and some fresh homemade fries.
    Desert: 3 small frozen strawberries dipped in chocolate

Page 12 of 87 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast