Page 11 of 86 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Candy in Primal Wonderland page 11

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    How old is your youngest? Perhaps he is just too young to understand? And chances are, he's too young to concern himself with it for long. My son, age 5, will one day ask me if something he wants to eat is healthy. I'll answer his question and if I say no, he'll ask for something that is healthy. But then next week he's back to his old self, asking for candy and soda/pop, and juice, etc.
    He's 9, but he's quite intelligent and the worrying kind. I try not to mention his being chubby anymore, and try to focus on all his marvelous qualities. And I'm telling him every time I choose to eat this way not to stay thinner, but to stay healthy, and that is why I want him to eat healthy things too. He does remember how sick and tired and in pain I used to be up to a year ago and he's really happy that I'm feeling so much better now and have more energy to actively do things with them. I'll just try to set a good example .

Oh, I forgot to add a slice of rye bread with raisins (a specialty here) to my menu yesterday afternoon, topped with a thick layer of butter. I didn't have this for so long and was looking forward to having it....it didn't taste bad, but it wasn't "whoa" either. I didn't have any bloathing or so, but it just wasn't worth it...I think I'll just have some raisins next time!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Quote Originally Posted by theprimalcajun View Post
    Candy's in the group!! yay!!

I would just concentrate not so much on the weight as just eating healthy "real" foods. I don't remember how old your young'un is but really isn't that what we're all trying to accomplish here? To get healthy? That's what I keep trying to tell myself at least! lol
    Ah, we were typing at the same time

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Fantastic job staying primal at Disney. I agree, having the smells and sights right in your face, makes it more of a challenge. So, a sweeter victory!
    Love your new expanded signature quote. Leonard Cohen: the voice, the poetry, the sexuality. Mmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Fantastic job staying primal at Disney. I agree, having the smells and sights right in your face, makes it more of a challenge. So, a sweeter victory!
    Love your new expanded signature quote. Leonard Cohen: the voice, the poetry, the sexuality. Mmmmm.
    He's coming to Belgium in August and DH and me are going to his concert. I've seen him once before in Antwerp and I'm in love with his voice and the poetry of his lyrics, and his voice...did I mention I love his deep, warm voice?

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
    My youngest son is becoming very conscious of how ("fat") he looks since I'm loosing weight. He started to grow a bit chubby since last year, likes sweets and bread a lot and doesn't like sports/moving.
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. I wonder if he'll be like one of my sons. He would grow "out" (get chubby) and then have a growth spurt and shoot "up" (I swear it was overnight) Then a couple of years later, he's go through the same cycle. He did this about 3 times before he stayed slim. He's an adult now and slim, trim and strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
    I'm in love with his voice and the poetry of his lyrics, and his voice...did I mention I love his deep, warm voice?
    +1
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

vanessa40 is offline Senior Member
    Wow i have to say i admire you for being able to stay on the plan on vacation. That is wonderful...
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive Is Canine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread94923.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    SW~220
    CW~136
    GW-125

Well, I think that is pretty wonderful, considering I always thought of myself I had no "character"....it looks like I really do. And maybe I always did, but my body just couldn't cope with all the crap I was feeding it!

Day at work today , leaving in half an hour. Today's eats:
    B: coffee with coconut milk and 2 small creamed coconut-chocolate bonbons
    S: handful of nuts and few dried cranberries
    L: lettuce and radishes with marinated sheep cheese (I bought this full fat sheep cheese, diced it and marinated in olive oil with dried herb mixture and freshly ground black pepper) and a little vinegar
    D: will be roasted salmon on skin with roasted asparagus, fennel and sweet potatoes

I will be going to CrossFit with oldest son and DH for our first WOD; DH and son will be doing the intro-session afterwards (son missed most of it on the phone with his girlfriend the first time and DH didn't do it yet).

Cave Woman is offline Senior Member
    Hi Candy! You are a Primal force to be reckoned with! Congratulations on staying Primal on vacation, and on staying fit with your family! I look forward to following your continuing adventures.
    5'2"
    SW 147 lbs 12/26/11
    CW 122
    Goal weight 115? 120? I'll know when I get there.

"When I've fallen off dietary wagons before, the wagon stops, backs over me and leaves me for dead in the ditch. On PB, I can fall off, hang on with one hand, hold a cookie in the other, throw half away, and get right back on." ~Ottercat

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Hi Candy. Have fun at CrossFit!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Cave Woman View Post
    Hi Candy! You are a Primal force to be reckoned with! Congratulations on staying Primal on vacation, and on staying fit with your family! I look forward to following your continuing adventures.
    Thanks, you made me blush now .

CrossFit was tough but fun! The other people on the WOD's were really supportive and I got some alternative exercises (it was more than 10 years ago I did handstands ). There's actually something I'm really good at, better than the (much younger) people in the WOD! It's double-unders . I managed to do 24 in one go (and it has been years ago since I last did some rope skipping too). I used to do this every day at school, but now we're talking 30 years ago; apparently it's like riding a bike, once you learn you never forget .
    I was really very sore when we got home, but this morning got out of bed without problems and I'm a lot less sore than I'd expected.

When we got home I had a banana and some SSSSN (sticky/sweet/salty/spicy nuts).

I'm actually looking forward to our next session, will probably be on Friday morning.

Page 11 of 86 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast