Page 10 of 86 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Candy in Primal Wonderland page 10

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thinking you guys stayed at Disneyworld Paris:-):-):-)

Check out the destress group for April. primalcajun's moderating it. Hope you join.

You too, Pebbles:-)

vanessa40 is offline Senior Member
    Have fun on your trip. Sounds like a blast. I have not been to Disneyworld in years.
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive Is Canine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread94923.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    SW~220
    CW~136
    GW-125

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Hi Pam, I'm back, but needed yesterday to recover . Well, Disney was pretty primal - for me! For my kids it was 'all the junk you want day' (I consider this their 20% ). This is how my day looked:
    up at 4h45
    coffee with full-fat cream and out of the hous by 5h15
    at 6 we were on the road with the bus
    Around 8h30 I had 3 BBBBalls
    Bus stopped at a gas station and I offered breakfast to my 2 youngest sons (who were on the trip with me) and had a full-fat yoghurt with maple syrup (they had that in the gas station!) and coffee
    Back on the bus, arrived @Disneyland Paris around 11 am
    Guided "my" 8 kids to the park, made clear at what time they had to be back at the entrance.
    I was left alone with my youngest son , I think Pirates of the Caribbean was the most "exciting" ride we had (Lou is a bit scared to go in 'dangerous' attractions), but I don't mind, I had lots of fun with my little boy
    Lunch was a Mickey Mouse shaped pizza for Lou and a 3-cheese salad for me (lettuce, some cherry tomatoes, a bit of cheese, there was no vinaigrette!), I can hardly believe how much money they ask for the food! And all of it looks so unappetizing *yuk*.
    I had some 'sticky sweet/salt/spicy nuts' (primal, except for the peanuts in it; I received them Thursday as part of a foodswap) as a snack and was thinking: I can go all day without snacks and only 2 meals at home, but it was really hard in Disney. Everywhere you go there's always so much junk food, sweets and stuff, every corner you turn you can smell popcorn. Well anyway, the nuts were way better (also in taste) than popcorn, so I just had some.
    Dinner: I had made broccoli-bacon-sun-dried-tomatoes-quiche on Thursday and had that for dinner: it was sooooo good, even eaten cold! I ate the rest yesterday and today at lunch!
    Back in the bus (around 8pm) I felt like eating something (what wineandcandy calls "mouth hunger") and ate the rest of my sticky nuts. Had a bit of reflux later on, shouldn't have had those last nuts.
    But all in all, I managed to stick to Real Food in a place that has nothing, NOTHING real (in any sense) at all!

Back to business as usual today . My body is still hurting all over after the CrossFit session on Thursday evening, but I'm going back tomorrow evening, with DH and my oldest son Diddy for my first real WOD (DH and Diddy will be doing the intro session afterwards too).

Today's eats:
    B: Coffee with coconut cream and 2 creamed coconut-chocolate bonbons
    L: the last piece of quiche, few slices of Pata Negra chorizo
    D: will be grass-fed beef sausages, chicory and homemade fries (I eat about a handful of them, with some mayo)

Oh, and I joined to destress group, hope PC lets me in
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

lopisheep is offline Senior Member
    Sorry about mentioning "that" song. It is amazing how it sticks foooorrrrreeevvveeerrr!

What a fun trip! I don't know about you, but if I eat a lot of junk food at once, it just sort of goes through me.

Your quiche sounds yummy.

Glad you're in the destress group. We need some unstressed people there!

Quote Originally Posted by lopisheep View Post
    Sorry about mentioning "that" song. It is amazing how it sticks foooorrrrreeevvveeerrr!
    It does.......

My youngest son is becoming very conscious of how ("fat") he looks since I'm loosing weight. He started to grow a bit chubby since last year, likes sweets and bread a lot and doesn't like sports/moving. I'm trying to make him (the whole family, actually) eat healthy things and restricting "sweet treats" (he'll have to eat a fruit before he can have that little easter egg ). But on Saturday I let them have all the junk they wanted, as I just wanted them to have fun in Disney. And guess what: the one that eats mostly healthy (Lex, middle son, lovvvves veggies and fruit) stuffed himself with hot dogs and candy and youngest son Lou only bought TicTacs (and ate one), had a small pizza for lunch and his homemade full-wheat tortilla's with lox for dinner, oh and a little bag of KitKat balls (they had to buy the sweets with their pocket money).
    Yesterday we were watching TV and he said: "You know what mum? We should agree to eat at McDonalds only once a year!" I agreed off course (we only go about twice a year now) .

Although I'm happy he's trying to make some changes in his young life, I'm scared that I've given him the wrong signals while being on my diet (this is, prior to switch to primal)...I want him to eat healthy things and not being overweight (like I've been since I was a child), but I don't want him to "go an a diet" as I've been most my life, I don't want him to feel bad for being a bit chubby . I'm trying to figure out how to keep a balance, how to make sure he understands he has to eat good foods in order to be healthy, but not being "on a diet". I think I'll try to explain the 80/20 principle: that if he eats good things 80% of the time it's ok.

vanessa40 is offline Senior Member
    I went through the same thing with my daughter. It was awhile back but I tried to never talk bad about my body and not talk diet..just say certain foods were better choices than others..it is so hard for children today. They have more to choose from than we did.
    To Err Is Human
    To Forgive Is Canine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread94923.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    SW~220
    CW~136
    GW-125

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    How old is your youngest? Perhaps he is just too young to understand? And chances are, he's too young to concern himself with it for long. My son, age 5, will one day ask me if something he wants to eat is healthy. I'll answer his question and if I say no, he'll ask for something that is healthy. But then next week he's back to his old self, asking for candy and soda/pop, and juice, etc.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    Oh Candy.. Bless you for being so aware of what this could possibly do.. I was always on a diet and fretting about my size and all of my kids have terrible body images!! I wish I would have had a clue what I was doing to them. with my granddaughter that lives with us I just say we are eating healthy so we can be strong and do lots of fun stuff. She is always wanting to know if things are 'healfy'... You are doing good so keep striving!!

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Candy's in the group!! yay!!

I would just concentrate not so much on the weight as just eating healthy "real" foods. I don't remember how old your young'un is but really isn't that what we're all trying to accomplish here? To get healthy? That's what I keep trying to tell myself at least! lol
    SW-211
    CW-209

Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Page 10 of 86 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast