Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm really hungry lately, why? page

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

I've been eating pretty strictly paleo since December and my FAVORITE part, other than losing 30 LBS, is that I'm not hungry anymore. And that's the reason why diets always fail for me, if I'm hungry I'll usually satisfy that feeling with junk. Well, I'm hungry again. In between my substantial "meals," which is usually an big omelet or a pound of beef, chicken, or pork, I'm snacking on Greek-style yogurt or beef jerky or dark chocolate or whatever I can get my hands on. I almost just blew my diet and drove to Burger King.

My diet hasn't changed, my activity hasn't changed, nothing's changed except that I recently began taking a sugar-free fiber supplement, which has worked WONDERS for how well my stomach feels.

Also, I'm no longer in ketosis and my weight loss seems to have stalled a bit.

What's going on?

I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

deepthought is offline Junior Member

How about sleeping? Stress? the flu? Overtraining?

These things then to make me not really hungry, but craving in a "hungry" way...

You say activity has not changed, but if your level started "to high" you might get these symptoms. read Mark´s: 8 signs of overtraing, from some days ago

I'm sleeping as well as usual and my stress level hasn't changed, for better or for worse.

And I'm not ill.

I train hard but intelligently. In fact, I just de-loaded this past week, significantly reducing the loads, allowing my body to recuperate a bit.

Thanks for the response though.

I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member

Well...try eliminating the fiber supplement for a few days and see what happens, no?

Disclaimer: explicit material ahead, lol.

I'm not sure I can. Seriously, without the fiber I feel quite ill and I can't pass anything but liquid. And what I do pass tears me up, literally (quite a lot of blood on the TP). The worst part was feeling like I'd have an accident when squatting or deadlifting. Why was I worried about that? - well, it was because I "shart" myself more than once. Look "shart" up if you don't know what I mean, lol.

With the addition of a fiber supplement ALL of these issues have been remedied.

As you can see, fiber, or SOMETHING else that's just as effective, is necessary for me.

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member

Your "sugar-free" fiber supplement doesn't happen to have a sweet taste (i.e. artificial or natural 0-cal sweeteners), does it? Anything sweet-tasting, even if it doesn't technically contain sugar or digestible carbs, will cause an insulin spike. I think BeneFiber (maybe Metamucil) makes a completely unflavored fiber supplement that consists of primarily psyllium husks, I believe. Maybe give that a try if you aren't already using it?

Dagny is offline Member

Milk Thistle also helps keep you regular, I take it everyday and have never had any problems like that while in Ketosis.

tf
    tf is offline Member

Is it possible you have lost all of the fat your body is able to give up?

dsantana is offline Senior Member

From my Atkins days I remember having some regularity issues. I had trouble passing anything for nearly a week, then suddenly everything passed. From that point on this balanced out, I think it was my body adjusting to the higher protein levels. Apparently that was pretty common.

What kinds of veggies are you eating?

CathyG is offline Junior Member

Here's a whole lot of information about laxatives if you decide that you want to try something besides your current supplement:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/dru...ation/DR602359

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast