Thread: How Primal friendly is Vega page

HUNTER Guest

Shop Now

I was thinking of trying Vega Whole Food Health Optimizer by Sequel and was wondering how Primal/Paleo friendly it is. http://sequelnaturals.com/vega

HUNTER Guest

Wow, no opinions?

verdilak is offline Member

Depends on what is in the item you are wanting.

Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
    Check me out @ my blog: Retrospective Caveman
    I set up a Facebook Group for all those who are eating and living Paleo/Primal

Acmebike is offline Member

No input other than I have a hard time getting excited about supplements. Especially since getting educated and eating very clean/strict Primal/Paleo.

Molecular Grokologist is offline Senior Member

I don't see anything terrible, but much of the fat in it is likely to be rancid unless it was refrigerated when stored, and the omega-3s it contains aren't going to be very helpful. The protein isn't going to be spectacularly bio-available either. It's not going to be terrible for you, or anything. Marketing notwithstanding, though, it's a collection of several processed foods (protein isolates, mineral and vitamin isolates) and that's not terribly impressive either.

You'd be better off with a quality cold-filtered whey protein and a couple spoonfuls of coconut oil and it would cost one-tenth as much.

Give me liberty. Exploration of other options will be vigorously discouraged.

Wondering something sciencey? Ask me in my Ask a Biochemist Thread