Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: French Paradox 2.0 page 6

Megatron is offline Member
    Shop Now
    My sister, who lived in france for years, says it's in part le smoking that keeps the french so slim. We snack, they smoke. Not exactly a good trade!

MudLily is offline Senior Member
    Does anyone know here how French food animals are raised, specifically beef, lamb, rabbit, and duck? Also if a package of eggs says 'plein air' does that mean pastured outdoor chickens, or feedlot outdoor chickens? What about 'bio' dairy products? If I can't figure this out then close enough will have to be good enough, but I'd really like to know.

PS: French women do definitely get fat, at least here in Bretagne. Overweight, yes, and mostly middle age and older. Obese, hardly ever. I see so few obese people that I have actually started keeping a running count (7 sightings in 5 months), without, however, trying to remember if I keep seeing the same people again and again.
    Last edited by MudLily; 03-18-2013 at 06:44 AM.

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MudLily View Post

PS: French women do definitely get fat, at least here in Bretagne. Overweight, yes, and mostly middle age and older.
    It's all those butter-based pastries! I was in Nantes for a month and had to resist the urge to stuff my face with kouign amann every single day. Also, as for middle aged women and older getting overweight, I think that's a natural part of ageing and you see it everywhere.

I have no idea what the "plein air" and "bio" designations mean but I would love to know as well.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    brittany butter is some of the best butter i have ever had... drool.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456