Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone not here for weight loss? page

huntingBears is offline Senior Member

Anyone not here for weight loss?

Primal Fuel
    How many of you are here not for weight loss but instead for feeling better/more energy/better skin/more muscle?
    I like to search for motivational threads and i came across one that was called 'what made it work for you?' And it was all about what made it work for you regarding weight loss, so frustrating!!
    This forum seems very weight-loss-centric, and it gets a bit frustrating sometimes considering health and wellbeing is my main objective with this lifestyle, so is anyone here not for that? (solely at least) and if so what made it work for you? what was the *click* moment?
    Sorry, this was a bit of a rant!
    If man made it, don't eat it

VTmeetsMontréal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huntingBears View Post
    How many of you are here not for weight loss but instead for feeling better/more energy/better skin/more muscle?
    I like to search for motivational threads and i came across one that was called 'what made it work for you?' And it was all about what made it work for you regarding weight loss, so frustrating!!
    This forum seems very weight-loss-centric, and it gets a bit frustrating sometimes considering health and wellbeing is my main objective with this lifestyle, so is anyone here not for that? (solely at least) and if so what made it work for you? what was the *click* moment?
    Sorry, this was a bit of a rant!
    I think everyone is here for those reasons. If everyone just wanted to lose weight they would just cut calories and do whatever would make the number go down. I'm pretty sure most people are here because they want to be healthier overall, and it shouldn't be discounted just because some people are also looking to achieve their ideal weight. I think the best thing would be to read the information and take it for what its worth for your situation. Instead of focusing on the weight loss aspect "what made it work for you", maybe just read some of the comments and see if there's something that can be taken away that would apply for your situation. This forum is for people to inform themselves and ask questions, so that's what they're gonna do! If you have a question, ask it! People will help you out!

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I need to gain weight, am planning to get started on it next week.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    i'm not here for weightloss. i'm trying to add muscle (always), but i'm here for overall health. i never buy into any of the 'boundless energy' claims (purported by anyone, for anything), but i do think this is a healthy way to eat, and i make sure to eat 100 grams of carbs ever day from starch mostly, and some fruit.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    i'm here for overall health. been paleo for over 2 years now. you are what you eat.

NWPrimate is offline Senior Member
    I found my way here while trying to improve my sky high triglycerides (355). Eating this way brought them down well into the "normal range" within a month and half. Losing 30lbs was just a side benefit that I wasn't really expecting. To be honest, I didn't think I could possibly lose 30 lbs as I didn't see myself as overweight.

Weight is starting to slowly come back now, but in the form of added muscle mass, as I continue to get leaner as the scale creeps up.

Height: 5'9
    Starting Weight: 177
    Lowest Primal Weight: 147
    Current Primal Weight: 155

I've also seen great improvements with mood issues, energy, stamina, sleep, and a lot more.

spicegirl is offline Senior Member
    I'm here for overall good health, mental clarity, energy and to be the best human I can be. In fact, I'm a little obsessed with it That's what brought me to primal/paleo.

What keeps me here is that simple mindset that comes with primal. Eat when you're hungry, stay in shape so you can play and do the things you enjoy, move your body. I love that.

Recently, however, I have set a goal of building more muscle/reshaping my body. I'm around 114 lbs (haven't weight myself in months).

Though, I must confess that I love the side benefit of being 46 (today's my bday!) and looking pretty good in a two-piece bathing suit!

Sanctus Real is offline Senior Member
    I'm definitely not here for weight loss, lol. I lost about 30 pounds when I first went primal. I needed to, but I wasn't concerned so much about my weight as about my health. Diabetes runs/gallops in my family, so I'm really focused on eating responsibly. It was/is my opinion that the SAD and gluttony have brought on diabetes in so many people today, and I honestly can't bear the idea of injecting myself with insulin. So, taking responsibility for my eating and exercise is my preemptive strike.

These past few months, I've really been focusing on gaining muscle, though, so I was really excited to weigh myself at the gym the other day and discover I've gained 2 pounds! And, this is very vain of me, but, as a woman, I am so happy that I've got the arms to go to my 25 year high school reunion next year sleeveless.

Just read spicegirl's post... Happy birthday!
    Last edited by Sanctus Real; 03-08-2012 at 11:34 AM.
    Motherhood: When changing from pj pants to yoga pants qualifies as 'getting dressed'.

dbalch is offline Senior Member
    I'm in my 50's, not overweight and basically very healthy. I'm trying to ensure that I am able to live out my life span, and live it actively. Diet, and primal lifestyle changes, are the best way to accomplish that.

But even for young people in their 20's there are a lot of health benefits from this diet. Since I moved away from a sugar/gluten/processed foods diet, I'm gotten rid of my hemmorhoids (NOBODY can spell that), kidney stones and arthritis in my elbow joints from hitting too many golf balls. These are all problems I had in my youth.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I came here for better nutrition and health. Because I was extremely disillusioned by CW and the SAD and the commercialization and industrialization of our food supply.

I feel so much better in other ways (less edema, better sleep, fewer night panic attacks, less PMS, stronger nails and hair, better skin, more energy, less gas & bloating, fewer headaches, more alert upon waking, absolute eating delight & satisfaction, etc, etc) that I would probably be content if I never lost another inch. Ok, that's not really true. This is an extremely satisfying way of eating and living, and I'm extremely satisfied that the inches are disappearing.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast