Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anyone not here for weight loss? page 4

Rosencrantz1 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm not here to lose weight per se, but to keep working on my body composition. Being Primal + IF has got me in the best shape of my life at 41. I love it!

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    I'm trying to get to a healthy weight- 5+ lbs more than what I weigh now.

I had the intention of losing maybe 5 lbs of belly fat....well my body decided 25 was necessary. But I mainly did this to fix my gut, and that I did. Also got rid of most of the aches and pains I just figured were part of life as a thirtysomething.

Boneidle24seven is offline Senior Member
    I'm not here for weight loss. I need to gain weight in the muscle department. Belly fat is almost gone and abs partially visible in the right light No more IBS after several years of CW docs scratching their heads and telling me they can't help. The next step in my treatment was medication and then I discovered Mark and PB. It makes me feel good to eat right and exercise regularly. All I have to do now is ditch my crap 9-5 job!
    http://www.richardlongart.co.uk/

http://www.primalish.net/

“You have to know the past to understand the present.”
    ― Carl Sagan

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member
    Not here for weightloss. I'm 6' 180 lbs so weight has never really been an issue. I just want to be able to maximize my time here and enjoy life as much as possible. I was realy big into the Primal blueprint before and reaped the benefits before the family grew and I started my new job.

This can be a great tool to learn from others and try out a few different ideas on how to workout, what foods to try and how to deal with life in general. I don't or ever truly did live 100% Primal but I admit it made a pretty big difference for me.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

Kelmar is offline Senior Member
    I'm not here for weight loss either. Initially started to help heal my very unhappy gut, gain some weight, and just feel better, I was leading a very destructive lifestyle and knew it had to stop. Still going strong because I feel SO much better, skins glowing, hair strong and healthy, and removing grains was a miracle for my guts. And I've even put on some muscle
    I treat my body like a temple.....to nourish the Goddess who lives inside

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    I'll throw my hat in the ring. At 5'7" and 143 lbs, I don't need to lose any weight at all. I'd actually like to gain 10-15 lbs. My goal is to do this slowly and healthfully eating real food. In my quest to gain 10-15 lbs, I'd like it to be a loss of 5 lbs of fat with a 15-20 lb muscle gain. My current goals are a 400 lb deadlift, a 400 lb squat and a 300 lb benchpress. I have a ways to go, but if we don't set realistic goals we have no motivation to pursue something better.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    I came here originally because I came from a slightly disordered eating background and I wanted to stop my viscious cycle of exercising ridiculously and bingeing while having chronically high stress levels. Overall health first. Fat loss second.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Zits got me on this trail. Inflammatory food? Oh! I see. That, and figuring out how to feed my animals made me think about how to feed my human.

Weight loss was part of it, too, though - but health gain was the real goal. I always thought only rich people got to be healthy, and now I know why!

Now I poke around on here to stay on top of things, stay fresh. Be with like-minded folks, even if it gets a little cult-ish sometimes...

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Never in my life I had to lose weight.
    About a year ago I decided I should put more thought about what I eat.
    After going all out on high carb CW diet and feeling like crap, I felt like something's totally wrong about what I know about food.
    I was frustrated. My hair got worse, my skin got worse, was tired all the time, stressed moody and grumpy..

Then, I found a paleo blog.
    My goal is to clear my skin, yet I've found so much in primal:
    More than the glow of better hair and skin, more muscles and less body fat, better breathing and no headaches..
    It's a new found optimism.. Like, things don't have to be "this" way. I can see the light in the end of this tunnel.
    The power of change is in my hands.
    I've always been different. I consider myself more sensitive than my surroundings.
    Now I know It's simply because when something doesn't work for me - I feel it right away, I feel it hard.
    And there's something liberating about this way of life.
    Although there's (justified) "fear" of inflammatory food, chemicals and gluten.. there's also courage -
    We do not fear of the sun, after scared since childhood it will give us cancer.. nor fat. My arteries are better than ever.
    And I know that the more I maintain this way of life, the more I take care of myself, the better things are going to get.
    When everyone around you is sick and you're getting stronger.. It gives you hope for yourself.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234