Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone not here for weight loss? page 2

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I started because I had about 25 lbs. to lose. That's done, but I'm still here because Primal eating has gotten rid of my hypoglycemia, adult acne, chronic digestive problems, and fatigue. So I would say I'm currently here for health and not weight loss.

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    I started here for overall health, and weight loss (or whatever weight I did lose) was a side-effect of doing things as closely to the blueprint I could.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    At 47 (almost 48) I never had any health or weight issues with eating CW but I was always eating fairly clean (no processed foods and very little bread). I came on board to be healthy and in the mean time it has worked at getting me ripped...gotta love that six pack getting more and more defined.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    I cut out gluten and dairy years ago when I had my first MS symptom. I think it helped, but I continued to have some symptoms over the next few years, which led me to going full-on paleo about a year ago, and since then I have been asymptomatic (and my recent MRI showed no new lesions in the past year!). I'm still plagued by fatigue and digestive/IBS issues, unfortunately, but not having parts of my body go tingly and numb in the past year has been awesome!

I'm not here for weight loss either. I went through health issues and trying lots of supplements every day but I'm back to basics now. I'm just trying to find the best, easiest and cheapest way to get the best out of what I eat.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    I started eating this way a few years ago to for general health reasons and it ended up pretty much healing my IBS and a nice side affect is that it's made it a hell of a lot easier to stay in shape.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

KatieCHI is offline Member
    I didn't start for weight loss (though I have lost about 13 pounds) -- I started because I was jealous of my husband's frolicking through fields of bacon. Stayed because it eliminated my IBS and crazy sugar cravings.

freds4 is offline Member
    I am here because of hereditary high cholesterol that has caused the death of every male in my family prior to the age of 70. I want to be the first to make it to that age and have been looking for the answer for many years. I even became a vegetarian for a year, which resulted in almost no change to my cholesterol levels and I felt terrible. After that debacle I had decided to just go back to a "normal" healthy diet when a friend suggested going Paleo. At 51 years old I lost 19 pounds, feel better than I have in many years and can't stop looking at myself in the mirror.

peril is offline Senior Member
    I came here looking for ways to treat cardiovascular disease without debilitating drugs. Lost some weight along the way by the CVD is my first priority
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I went paleo/primal for general health as well as wanting to lose some body fat. Most of the year this really does give me boundless energy - I never feel tired.

My eczema and chronic rhinitis are much better and I don't get chronic sinus infections, colds and sore throats throughout the winter as I used to. My digestive system is in better shape too. I can fast for 16 hours with ease and don't need to snack any more.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast