Thread: BeachBody workouts? page

PookDo is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Is it ok to do something like Power 90 a couple of times through to build up the endurance to do more Primal type workouts?

Underwaterer is offline Junior Member

I love doing p90.

midwestgrokette Guest

I really like P90X and Tony Horton's One on One series too. I've come to enjoy working out with Tony, as cheesey as that may sound.

While P90X may not completely comply with the PB fitness, I think there are several similarities. I figure as long as you aren't burning yourself out and overtraining then you are good to go.

Pikaia is offline Junior Member

As a back-to-beginner-level weight lifter, I'm enjoying ChaLEAN Extreme. Of course it is not exactly Primal, but it isn't completely incompatible. It is heavy on weights, light on cardio, and only takes ~40 minutes a day, 5 days a week.

dsantana is offline Senior Member

I am getting ready to do 10 minute trainer and have done p90. But I am curious if anyone is adjusting the videos based on primal lifestyle.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member

I have three of the ones mentioned so far: p90, p90x and chalean extreme. I like them all and though I'm half way through p90x, I'm actually dialing things back and going to pick and choose between all three in the spirit of making this transition to Primal living.

Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

jpickett1968 Guest

I think P90X is totally primal. But I also would throw in that I don't do JUST P90X but modify. I do at least 2 full body workouts from P90X or P90X Plus and then I'll do Ab Ripper X with a pushup program or throw in a kettlebell routine. Tony's workouts on P90X LOOK to be 50-60 minutes long (except for the Yoga....), but if you strip out the rest/chatter, they are much closer to 35 minutes or even less. From that perspective I think P90X is a great piece to incorporate into your plans.

JosephS is offline Junior Member

+1jpickett1968

The P90X workouts are 35-40 minutes long. I do them on a PS3 and fast forward past all the chatter. I follow the program to the T and add in sprints and 2 long runs a week. Love it!

“We are so clothed in rationalization and dissemblance that we can recognize but dimly the deep primal impulses that motivate us.” -James Ullman