Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Those with sensitive skin, what body wash to do you use (UK ideally)? page

AMonkey is offline Senior Member

Those with sensitive skin, what body wash to do you use (UK ideally)?

Shop Now
    So harsh soaps irritated my skin, but I need to use something not to smell. So I've been using Burt's Bees Body Wash for about a year now, which works fine but its not perfect. Its relatively expensive for one.

Those of you who are in a similar situation skin wise, have any alternatives that worked well for you?

oliviascotland is offline Senior Member
    I use Faith in Nature bodywash, which I get either from my local health food shop, or online via Goodness Direct - Online Health and Special Diet Food Store. Hope that helps!

thyme is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
    So harsh soaps irritated my skin, but I need to use something not to smell. So I've been using Burt's Bees Body Wash for about a year now, which works fine but its not perfect. Its relatively expensive for one.

Those of you who are in a similar situation skin wise, have any alternatives that worked well for you?
    I only use soap on my underarms and feet, which is where the smell-causing bacteria hang out. Plain water everywhere else. Soap-wise, I find all body washes a disaster. I mostly use a good, inexpensive, unscented soap bar (the health food shops sell cheap soap bars made from olive oil) or Dr. Bronner's, which costs a bit more in liquid form and lasts forever and ever and ever because you use so little of it each time.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Seventh Sojourn soaps. I originally found them at a Renaissance faire, but since then have been ordering online. I LOVE their soaps, especially their tea tree oil and their Midnight Seduction soaps.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    I use Dr. Bronner's. I especially like the peppermint, but the lavender is nice, too.

denasqu is offline Senior Member
    I don't know that I have sensitive skin so much but I do break out in itchy hives all the time from leaky gut/food allergies.. who knows... but since going primal I've notice I'm sweating out some junk that never has happened before. My skin feels like I've been drenched in oil then rolled in dust and I need to shower a couple times a day.

The body wash I was using just seemed to make things worse so I picked up a jug of that Dr. Bonners peppermint soap and it's great. At first I wasn't sure if I should even be using it for bathing because it says it's a multi-purpose soap and I assumed that meant you're supposed to use it for washing dishes, cleaning the house, etc. But I love it. It's very cooling, removes all the guck from my bod, and I feel like a stick of peppermint after I get out of the shower.
    "If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?" - Tom Snyder, talk show host

matey is offline Junior Member

simple is best

Quote Originally Posted by thyme View Post
    I only use soap on my underarms and feet, which is where the smell-causing bacteria hang out. Plain water everywhere else. Soap-wise, I find all body washes a disaster. I mostly use a good, inexpensive, unscented soap bar (the health food shops sell cheap soap bars made from olive oil) or Dr. Bronner's, which costs a bit more in liquid form and lasts forever and ever and ever because you use so little of it each time.
    Yep, me too. The cheap soap is as good as the expensive soap, perhaps better because it is simpler, don't use deodorant either, just a shower, and not too hot. Don't soak in a hot bath it will dry your skin. Though, now I have been on Primal for 6 months my skin isn't so sensitive.

Hardwarehank is offline Senior Member
    If you have sensitive skin, why not try going soapless for awhile? Plenty of people on these boards and elsewhere who are paleo/primal have had great success with it.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    2 years soapless. It's great.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    I use Dr. Bronner's. I especially like the peppermint, but the lavender is nice, too.
    Same.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast