Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Those with sensitive skin, what body wash to do you use (UK ideally)? page 2

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardwarehank View Post
    If you have sensitive skin, why not try going soapless for awhile? Plenty of people on these boards and elsewhere who are paleo/primal have had great success with it.
    I agree that this is definitely worth a shot. I just wash the essential areas (privates, underarms, feet since I wear conventional socks and shoes) and scrub the rest to exfoliate. I use a crystal stone for deodorant and it works very well to keep the smelly bacteria at bay. I am also experimenting with using baking soda & water to wash my hair, with a white vinegar & water rinse to condition.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    A dermatologist advised me to go soapless, and I have been for years. Like other commenters, it's only armpits, feet, and privates that I use soap on. Once a week, or if I've been doing something grimey, I soap all over. And dry brushing pre-cleans skin before you even get in the shower.
    Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap is the shizz!
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    we always use bronners soap. peppermint in the soap dispensers in the kitchen and bathroom. and the unscented bars in the shower

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Alright thanks guys. I'll try this Dr Bronners, since natural fragrances still irritate my skin and I can order this fragrance less soap online. I'll also restrict washing to the essential areas only.

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    careful, Dr. bronner's can burn sensitive areas due to the peppermint oil. there's an unscented "baby" variety which doesn't burn as much, but just watch the especially sensitive parts. another soapless vote here, except for pits.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    I use Method olive leaf bar soap. It was discontinued years ago, but I managed to find 6 bars of it a couple months back in a TJ Maxx.

Sorry, I know that's not helpful, I'm just gloating.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I have very sensitive skin andI rarely use soap on my body... a little shampoo run off gets swiped under arms and in crevasses.

IN summer I use the Dr.Bronners Peppermint just to cool off. It's very nice.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12