Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally going primal, properly! page

_sarah_ is offline Junior Member

Finally going primal, properly!

Primal Fuel
    No longer really keen on having my thoughts out there, and there's - mysteriously - apparently no way to delete my account or started threads, so I've just removed all my posts. Thanks to those of you who commented.
    Last edited by _sarah_; 08-03-2012 at 02:59 AM.

Ezestreets is offline Member
    Hi Sarah.

I enjoyed your post and I didn't think it was self indulgent at all. Quite interesting actually. I hope to follow your journey
    in the weeks and months to come. I am quite new to MDA, but still watching from the bushes, even though I know it would be ideal for me (64 yrs, 6"3, 310 lbs [i don't do metric]-even up here in Canada) Maybe you will be my inspiration to start.

I have followed the paths of a few individuals whose posts I enjoyed. All of them have stopped cold. Like they dropped off the face of the earth with no warning. I found it disconcerting, and a little sad.

I am curious about your use of protein powder. Is that the stuff you buy at body building shops? How do you incorporate it into your meals. Probably a foolish question, but no fool like an old fool.

Hope to hear from you.

dan

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    Welcome Sarah, sounds as though you have a good 'handle' on this. While I am trying to lose weight, I think the really big benefit from this lifestyle is the terrific way it makes you feel. Better by far to bounce through life than to drag!
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

3am and can't sleep. had a glass of o.j. (the carton promises no additives - just 14 squeezed oranges in every container). I was thinking about you. From your self description, you seem to have your act together. Weight is not much of a problem-if at all. Physically fit. Young. Obviously intelligent and very literate. my question I guess - why are you here.? Most posters on these forums are starting from the bottom of the drain. You are a goddess in comparison.

Another question, what do you want from the posters on this thread of yours. Dialogue? Or is this thread a sounding board for you where you talk about what is happening on your fitness journey? Solo primarily, or interactive. I can do either-it is whatever you wish.

By the way, thank you for the advice on protein. I will use that information when I take the plunge into primal.

I hope all this rambling makes sense. I like the dialogue route, whereas most journalling is quite private in nature. Whichever you like is fine with me.

Have I mentioned that old age is a curse? That is why I am awake at 3 in the morning.
    Looking forward to another day in the coal mines tomorrow and the stress is starting to build all ready.

Dan

Good evening Sarah. It sounds like a wonderful party, even if you did overindulgence. Remember Mr. Sissons 80% rule, and don't beat yourself up.
    I saw my GP this morning. She doesn't like my weight, my blood pressure, or the frequent debillitating headaches that I have been having. She put me on a month's stress leave starting today! I almost kissed her. I work for a great insurance company, and I know I'm in"good hands", but their focus has shifted from taking care of the clients to the pure persuit of sales and profit. To say that my job is stressful is putting it mildly.

My phrase "circling the drain"was unfortunately written. I only used it to emphasize the disparity of your
    starting point on your journey to health and the starting point of many others..

I hope to use the next 30 days to become more primal. I have a really cool personal trainer who comes to my house once a week. Regardless of the weather (and in Alberta I was recently out in minus 30 degrees celcius) we do a half hour power walk and then stretches/power moves on playground equipment . I absolutely love it. I feel so alive.

Of course, my trainer wants me to duplicate the workout 3more times a week. And for that I have no energy at all. Hence the depression, the lethargy, the lack of focus.

Enough about me. Where are you from? I know you are young, and probably a college or university student. Probably single, or unnatached right now.What courses do you major in? I'm betting on literature or social sciences. What will you do when you graduate?

You mentioned enjoying the sun. I have a new Kia Soul, with a sun roof, and one of my greatest pleasures is to drive down a
    country road with the afternoon Albertasun beating on my face.

It is midnight now. I am basking in the glow of a bottle of a bottle of australian Sheraz, and grooving to the incredible sounds of Leonard Cohen's latest CD.

I hoe this note finds you healthy and well

Dan

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Hi and welcome
    Looking forward to reading more about your forays into primal. And yep if you fall off the wagon just get right back on!
    Don't worry about getting bulky arms, we woman can't (unless we took steroids of course! So lift away!)
    But no need to work biceps directly anyway, these primal movements, pullups etc, will work on all the muscles. I am loving that I am starting to see my muscles from doing CrossFit.

As Jaime Oliver likes to say, I think your new written plan is "brilliant"! Posting it for all to see gives you an added incentive to succeed, and I am rooting for you. Short term (2weeks) goals are more effective than long, IMHO. I will wait patiently to read of your successful results

Dan

Unhappy Ouch!!!

Hi Sarah. So sorry to hear about your wipe-out. The fact that you were already in comparatively great shape probably kept your injuries to minimum.

Some free advice:

1. Walk as much as you can, even though you are stiff and sore. You will get better quicker than you would lying on the couch.

2. Three cups of Epsom salts in a very hot bath. Soak for an hour. Bring scented candles and a really good book with you. I don't know the science, but the salts + hot water will help to suck the soreness out of your
    body.

3. Finally, always remember that free advice is worth exactly what you paid for it!

I hope you are up and about and that we all will hear from you soon.

dan

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Sounds great.

Just wanted you to know someone out there is reading and closely following your posts. Keep up the great work.
    Are you back on the bike yet? It is snowing like crazy here, and we won't be seeing any bikes on the roads for a while. I will be shoveling snow today.
    Hope your visits with the family and the ex go well. Do you have far to travel?
    Be safe, and eat healthy.

Dan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast