Page 98 of 577 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 98

avocadogirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Candy, thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou for the links!! I am SOOO excited to make my kids' lunches now!!! When I have a few extra dollars, I'll be buying one of those lunch boxes I think. It depends. If buying the bag and the bottle and the compartment dish thing adds up to more than the other box, then I'll get the one from eBay, but something tells me that it'll work out just fine.

I love all your pinterest pins and have stolen your idea and created a board called "Lunchbox Project" as well. So many neat ideas out there! I love it. I think Brady will convert easily with lunches like these! This is so exciting to me!!!
    I'll follow both of you on Pinterest for ideas.

Jenn-have you tried eliminating all food dyes from his diet? As much as sugar, it seems all the artificial dyes can have a significant impact on behavior. My rising kindergartner is a maniac and will.not.listen if he gets any dyes in his system (usually from being at a friend's house). How old is Brady? Laptop lunches are great containers and I can vouch for them. If you follow them on Facebook, they periodically have great clearance items. What about various dips? Kids usually love dips: hummus (you can find primal versions), baba ganoush, tzaziki, et cetera. I'll dig up more ideas.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    My son is 5 and so picky about food your head would spin. Last night he had a meltdown because he wanted a hot dog, not a burger. What kid throws a fit about eating a hamburger??? Only mine, I bet.

Tonight, with the ribs, will be interesting... shoot... just remembered. Brad won't be home b/c he's racing tonight... hmmm... more ribs for me, then, I guess.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Niece is 7 and will starve rather than eat meat that's not pepperoni, chicken nugget, or boiled chicken. I feel your pain.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I would be ok with DS eating boiled chicken, but I can see how it would be a total pain in the ass.

Stopped by HyVee tonight to get more coconut milk and for the life of me could not find the same brand I had gotten the last time. I tried searching for it on the internet and couldn't find it, so I had to dig through the garbage tonight to find a website on the can. Turns out the reason I couldn't find it at HyVee is b/c it's sold at Walmart... Oops. GoldenStar Coconut Milk is coconut and water only according to the can. The stuff I was finding at HyVee had an emulsifier in it, and I don't want it emulsified! I want the fat at the top. I'll stop at Walmart tomorrow and blend the milk with some fresh strawberries and maybe some pineapple and see how that desert tastes. Tonight I did strawberries and pineapple with fine shred unsweetened organic coconut. Yum. So delish. I love my fruit.

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    I'm happy I could help with the links , they got me pretty excited too (and my picky eater too!)
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

I made ribs in the crock pot last night. They were good. They were on the heat too long and I wished I'd remembered to call Brad and ask him to turn it down, but it turned out ok. They were a bit spicy/hot for Brad's taste, so that makes me glad he wasn't there for dinner last night. There was just enough for me to eat too much last night and bring too much for leftovers, but not enough to feed both of us last night, had he been home. I made steamed broccoli with them. The broccoli was so yummy and my baby girl ate two tiny florets. She walked up to me and said "Mommy? Eating tree?" I said "Yes, want one?" she said yes and ate it. I asked her if she wanted another one, she said no, but ate a second one anyway. It makes me so happy that she tries and actually likes most of what I make.

Today is Brad's birthday. Nothing planned. Dinner will likely be nothing spectacular. We did dinner out to celebrate his birthday on Friday and then Sunday his mom and dad had the fish fry for him, so since we've already celebrated, today is just another day, right? It's like they said in It Starts with Food. We can't change the way we eat for a "special occasion" because special occasions happen every week. That is very accurate, I think. Just about every day could be a special occasion. I woke up today! It's a special occasion! Ya know??

Anyhow, so dinner tonight will be spaghetti for them, spaghetti squash for me, and homemade pasta sauce. It's been "stewing" or "mingling" in the fridge since Sunday and unless I want bacteria to start mingling too, I need to get that sauce used up.

If it's not raining over lunch, I'll be walking again. My Vibrams came, but the 42 is too big. Last chance is a size 41... if this doesn't fit, I'm screwed and will have to look for a different shoe. But, I'm not sending this second pair back until I get my refund for the first pair.

I woke up earlier today (by like 10 minutes) and it was a more peaceful morning b/c Brady did what I asked each time I asked. Makenna followed suit. I really think she feeds off his behavior. If he's being rotten, she acts rotten too. If he's been cooperative, she's cooperative. So that was nice.

I suppose that's all I have. I hope everyone has a nice day.

Just registered my kid for school... Ouch. It's only $60, but it still hurt. Had to split a payment on a mortgage in order to get it to fit. Extras that aren't budgeted suck...

School just emailed me. I also have to buy my kindergartener a $6 school provided planner... why does a kindergarten student need a planner you might ask? I asked too. Because the teachers use them to write notes to the parents... seriously??? Write the note on a fracking piece of paper and send it home in his bag!! Easy and INEXPENSIVE!!!

Besides, I can buy an 18 month planner from the Dollar General for $1.50. $6 bucks is asinine!!

Starting the whole lunchbox project Monday. Brady is getting into trouble at school again and I'm interested in seeing how badly his diet is affecting his mood. He had an emotional meltdown tonight because I wouldn't let him have any fruit snacks at Grandma's house, even though he'd just had some colby jack cheese.

Going to start with lunch I think. I'm already making paleo dinners, I'll just be more persistent that he eat them instead of providing something else. Lunch I think will be easy to change b/c he's receptive to fruit.

we talked about it and he's aware of what I'm going to do. I explained to him that sometimes there are things in food that make kids naughty and we're going to start taking those things out of his food and see if it makes a difference or not. Grandmas are going to be tough... MIL maybe not so much, stepmom maybe not so much... I think they'll respect my wishes b/c we've talked about my diet change a lot... mom doesn't understand and thinks it's a fad - plus she's married to a grain produce/CAFO beef producer. She'll probably try to still provide cookies, crap chips, etc. and forget about my wishes (not maliciously, just mindlessly) or mistake things in food that are bad for things that are ok. She's just not educated... and she works for subway, so that'll make it hard too...

anyhow, brainstorming a blog title - something like "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" title or something else catchy, kid-related... maybe even, "Forget the mice, let's test this on my kid" or something like that... any ideas?

It's going to be hard. Very effing hard. but I'm optimistic that it'll make a difference in his behavior. he's a bright kid and will notice that it's making a difference too and will be good about making the right choices when he's faced with them. Pizza at school will be tough. Snack at kindergarten will be hard b/c I bet everyone's going to bring sugar treats and Brady will have to eat something else... it's not fair, really. So unfair to him. WE may not think we're missing out, but he will. How long do you think it'll be before they ban wheat from schools like they have nuts??? Not soon enough if you ask me...

Anyhow, bedtime.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Jenn - been away from the forum for a week cuz of company at our house...... I'm just caught up on your journals. I'm so sorry you have been struggling with so many things. I think you're right on track with your son and the planned lunches - stick with it and I'm betting you will see a change in his behavior - be consistant and patient as it may take some time to see a real difference. You're money troubles sounds so terribly frustrating! You said once that you and hubby make a good income, I believe you said 6 figures...... I know we always live at the max of our income no matter how much we make -- and cutting back can be really difficult. Is there anything in your life that can be eliminated to give a little wriggle room in the budget? Cutting down on tv or cell phone extras that are really not "necessary"?? Cutting from premium to basic cable or satelite programing can be a difference of $50 or more a month. Look at the little things - like lifes little nicities - and see if there is anything you're family could live without for a time to help with getting the budget under control and back to a managable place.

Just some thoughts......... ????

I'm impressed that during all the stresses you have been able to stay the course with your diet and health goals! Good job, girl! I'm applauding you all the way over here in Oregon!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation