Page 97 of 584 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 97

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Copied from the Whole30 thread b/c I didn't feel like typing it all again...

Day9 here... This W30 seems like it's going sooooo slowly this time. Not sure why.

Last night I had more coconut cream with frozen strawberries. I discovered the taste sensation I was experiencing was the frozen strawberries. They taste funny compared to fresh. Next time I'll make it with fresh strawberries, and maybe some pineapple. Might do it tonight, in fact.

Scale is finally moving. Down like half a pound to 188.something. Normally, I only pay attention to the first 3 numbers since anything after the point is pretty unimportant, unless you round up or down... I look at the first 3 numbers and call it good. So, that means I finally experienced my first pound lost on this whole30, after 9 freaking days. *sigh* Oh well... W30 isn't supposed to be about weight loss right? Even though it's a tool in my weight loss arsenal and that's the ONLY reason I do W30's... Maybe once I start my new workout routine, things will change faster.

Things got crazy at home this morning so I didn't get my gear packed for the gym. That's ok though b/c my Vibrams get delivered today (sent back the last pair b/c they were too small) so that'll be extra motivation to keep things under control tomorrow morning so I have time to pack my bag. I'm really excited to start the workout plan I have in store (Body for Life workouts with Paleo eating - should be a winning combination based on experience), but I wonder how it'll fit with half marathon training once I start that up again. I told myself that as a reward for reaching 183, I could start training for another half marathon (6x veteran already)... I'm only 5 lbs away now, and I really don't expect it to take too terribly long to get there.

My son seems to be doing everything he can to try my patience. Every morning I have to remind him repeatedly to get dressed. Then this morning he was taking something apart and I told him to stop doing that b/c I didn't want to put it back together again. Next time I looked, he was still taking it apart. SERIOUSLY KID?!?! What did I JUST tell you?? UGH! He does this ALL.THE.TIME!! It's so damned annoying. He just blatently ignores us when we tell him to do/not do something. He does the same thing at his summer daycamp. Yesterday we got a notice b/c one of his friends made him mad and Brady told his friend that he was going to shoot his friend's dad. Seriously? Where the hell did he learn this? We don't watch anything at home except for age appropriate cartoons (like Nick Jr, PBS, etc) so I have no idea where he learned to talk like this - likely from someone he spends time with during the day at the daycamp. He lost all his priviledges last night and had to go to bed early for talking like that. At dinner time he cried and cried and screamed because I wanted him to heat a hamburger instead of a hotdog for dinner. He was finally sent to his room until he could compose himself, at which point he did come out and eat the burger, after I coated it in ketchup and put a slice of cheese on it for him. We tried to explain to him that the burger was just like the meatballs he ate the shit out of the other night... but he was set on a hotdog. I feel successful that he actually ate what was provided to him and think that if I/we continue to stick to our guns on that, eventually he'll stop asking for an alternative. I just really don't want the fight every night.

Tonight is likely to be a fight too... I'm making ribs in the crockpot with a bbq rub on them. They look delicious! I just hope there's leftovers for tomorrow! otherwise I'm not sure what I'll do for lunch tomorrow. Brady's never had ribs before and I'm sure we'll fight over whether or not he's going to eat them. frustrating!!! My hope is that he'll try them and our problem will be that we ran out and he's upset b/c he wants more.

I wonder if Brady's behavior will change as his diet changes. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to do his school lunches. Right now, he gets lunchables, koolaid and pudding/jello and maybe a cookie or two (they're little). I'm not sure how much of it he actually eats, but the lunch box comes home empty every day. I'm considering getting him a laptop lunch box thing with the little compartments. I found some on eBay for $30. Then I could put fruit and veggies and some cashew butter (he loves that stuff), some nitrate/nitrite free lunch meat and cheese in it. I think he'd like that. I just have to get the container. I don't think he'll miss the crackers, but if he does, I can get him some rice crackers or something. But of course, one day each month or so he'll skip the lunch I made him and eat school lunch b/c they have pizza - the Tony's brand that is made on the long baking sheets and cut into rectangles... Man, I miss that pizza!! lol

Anyhow, kids can be such a pain in the rear sometimes...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Hey Jenn, I've been thinking schoollunches too (school starts on September 3rd over here) and just ordered Goodbyn Bynto lunchboxes for my boys, DH and myself! You can order them here: Goodbyn US Store.

I don't know if you're on pinterest? I have a board dedicated to take-away lunches (Lunchbox project => not all paleo, I started this board before going paleo ), maybe you get some inspiration too?

I was thinking of adding a paleo waffle (my kids love the frozen waffles from "Eat Like a Dinosaur") or a slice of paleo bread if they wanted something like bread, and a small treat (piece of dark chocolate, homemade primal cookie) for when they finish the veggies and meat.
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

I'm thinking he'll get lunch meat for the protein source b/c it's easy and he will eat it. For fruits I'm thinking grapes or strawberries. Those seem to be his favorites. Probably some colby cheese too. Not totally paleo since it's got that vegetable colorant in it, but it's veggie based, so for the time being it's ok. He like string cheese too, so that's an option. He's not much for veggies... but he does like cucumber with ranch. Gonna have to find a paleo ranch dressing. I can do cookies, but that's a lot of work. Wonder if anyone has any I can buy... lol Or the Annie's Organic fruit snacks. That's an option too, but you only get like 5 packets for 3.99... kind of pricy.

I think I'll start phasing things out slowly. I'll swap the meats and cheeses right away b/c he won't complain about that, but I'll leave his pudding or his jello for a while, and the store bought cookies. Then I'll probably replace the cookies second b/c I can find a replacement for those pretty easily. The pudding/jello will be the tough one to replace... ideas?

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Chocolate avocado "pudding?"
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    does he like any kind of yogurt?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Make jelly's with freshly squeezed fruit juice (or store bought unsweetened juice) and gelatine?
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

MAJOR STRESS! I hate money! I hate it. I hate managing it. I hate spending it. I hate not having it when we actually truly need it... so frustrating. And medical bills are the worst... it's like you never get caught up b/c everytime you think you have something taken care of, someone else gets sick or hurt... Ugh...

Ok, vent over.

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    does he like any kind of yogurt?
    He loves yogurt... not sure about greek yogurt though. I don't think he's tried that.

Candy, thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou for the links!! I am SOOO excited to make my kids' lunches now!!! When I have a few extra dollars, I'll be buying one of those lunch boxes I think. It depends. If buying the bag and the bottle and the compartment dish thing adds up to more than the other box, then I'll get the one from eBay, but something tells me that it'll work out just fine.

I love all your pinterest pins and have stolen your idea and created a board called "Lunchbox Project" as well. So many neat ideas out there! I love it. I think Brady will convert easily with lunches like these! This is so exciting to me!!!