Page 91 of 584 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 91

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I use block cream cheese... I can't imagine greek yogurt being that thick. lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Richardmac is offline Senior Member
    Hey, just stopping in. Just started a log here and decided to check out some other logs. looks like your working your butt off and making progress. Keep that head up, smile, smile and smile some more.

Richard

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I'm sure those 4 pounds will fall off quickly.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Just what I f*cking need... Brad's bloodwork came back low on testosterone... so every 2 weeks he's going to get a shot to boost it. Really?? I'm already beating him off with a stick every day as it is. The LAST thing I want is for him to have MORE testosterone... I honestly do not enjoy having sex - whether it's technique, hormones, birth control, stress, or whatever - I do not enjoy having sex and the last thing I want is for him to want it more. Please tell me this won't up his desire... please.

Can't he just change his diet??? *sigh*

It won't necessarily increase his desire for sex --- but it will likely increase his desire for physical activity in general. Perhaps the daily need is just a by-product of a lack of desire for other types of activity........ ???? just a thought.

So, thyroid was good - but testosterone was down?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Yep. T3 and T4 were good. No idea what the numbers were. They just said everything was good except testosterone. I am livid that the dr is looking to supplement with hormone therapy instead of being interested in solving the problem by finding the cause of the decrease. I explained to Brad that cortisol is a direct antagonist for testosterone and that excess cortisol is going to cause it to decrease, and that cortisol comes from stress and his belly fat. I explained to him that hormones are directly affected by food and nutrition. His answer was that there's a guy at work who has low t who isn't fat... I really don't see this as the solution and it frustrates me that he won't listen. This damn shot he wants to take is $20 every two weeks! We don't HAVE an extra $40 a month!!!

*sigh*

On a more positive note... boundless energy has been discovered. My activity level is so much higher than it's been in years!

Yesterday: woke up and did dishes. Then made a big hearty breakfast for the family. Then went to sister's and helped place furniture. Then came home and cleaned son's room (it was trashed), then went and got groceries. Then came home and made dinner (burgers with bacon pan fried in bacon grease), then did dishes again and cleaned up kitchen (unheard of prior to primal), then swept and mopped the kitchen floor.

Tonight: came home from work and made dinner (grass fed ribeyes om nom nom nom nom), then did dishes and cleaned up kitchen. Folded two loads of laundry and put one away (towels), then picked up toys in the dining room (it was trashed) and swept the floor. I'd do more, but it's already 9:30 so I need to stop so I can wind down for sleep.

I love the energy. It's amazing. I just wish my cortisol peaked at the right time of day so that I could get out of bed easily and get tired before 11:30 pm. But, in the meantime, I'll take what I can get.

Off to read some more of "It Starts with Food". Yep, still reading it. Hard to read much when you have so many chores to keep up with. But, that's what happens when our diet screws up every aspect of your life and energy level, making you a lazy slug who spends her night on facebook.

hearing you on the fb time.............. not good. Would LOVE to have that energy level. You GO girl!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Jenn, does your husband read? Maybe you could make him read ISWF or The Paleo Solution (by Robb Wolf), as these books really explain how hormones work and how they are influenced by what you eat!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I set a rule for myself a couple of months ago not to check email after 7PM and have stuck to it successfully. I'm going to implement a Facebook and Tumblr time limit too, but need to make sure I'm squared away with activities beforehand. I'll need to set TV limits so I don't just go to the boob tube when I'm not on the computer. One thing at a time.

My first thought was that if he's on SSRI's or something like that for depression/anxiety, that probably has a lot to do with his weight gain, and could also be affecting his T. I hope he will read something, for your sake.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

avocadogirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Yep. T3 and T4 were good. No idea what the numbers were. They just said everything was good except testosterone. I am livid that the dr is looking to supplement with hormone therapy instead of being interested in solving the problem by finding the cause of the decrease. I explained to Brad that cortisol is a direct antagonist for testosterone and that excess cortisol is going to cause it to decrease, and that cortisol comes from stress and his belly fat. I explained to him that hormones are directly affected by food and nutrition. His answer was that there's a guy at work who has low t who isn't fat... I really don't see this as the solution and it frustrates me that he won't listen. This damn shot he wants to take is $20 every two weeks! We don't HAVE an extra $40 a month!!!

*sigh*

On a more positive note... boundless energy has been discovered. My activity level is so much higher than it's been in years

Off to read some more of "It Starts with Food". Yep, still reading it. Hard to read much when you have so many chores to keep up with. But, that's what happens when our diet screws up every aspect of your life and energy level, making you a lazy slug who spends her night on facebook.
    I'm sorry to hear your husband is so reluctant to see food and diet as the starting point to his hormone issue. My hubby has about 60 lbs to lose, he's lost 20 lbs already, but blames the inability to lose more on his hormones. It's tough, and everyone has their own struggle to get to the point of understanding what being healthy really means for themselves. I can't get him to read any book about nutrition. His answer is always "I know what I need to do." Sigh. I'm sorry it's stressful financially on top of it.

I am also on FB, and my biggest downfall is that I check it on my phone. So even if my computer is shut down, and I'm unwinding, I end up checking it on my phone. I have started to cut way back on responding to FB friends. I read, and if I see someone in person, I tell them how great that photo was or how funny their story was that I saw on FB. It helps me manage the time on FB, and then I feel like I reconnect with people more.

Awesome on the energy!

Oh, and I'm trying your pancake recipe this weekend. Woohoo!