Page 90 of 585 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 90

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The chocolate milk was a craving that I promised myself I'd take care of when I finished my W30. Still 189 this morning. Been pretty primal today, but certainly not paleo.

The pancakes and whipped cream were amazing.

Tomi, this is something I've been putting up with for as long as I can possibly remember. My sister was always treated more favorably and received more growing up, and it continues now that we're both in our 30s. Frustrating.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Jenn, could you post your cream cheese pancakes recipe again? I was wanting to tell Avocadogirl about them, but can't lay my hands on the paper, or find where you told me how to make them. Thanks!

2 eggs
    2 tbsp cream cheese (softened)
    1 tbsp coconut flour
    vanilla to taste

Blend. Let air bubbles pop. Pour small cakes into warm skillet. After a couple minutes, flip. Entire recipe is one serving. Comes to something like 380 calories or something if you're interested in calories.

They flip MUCH better if they're small. If they're too big, they'll break. Of course, broken or not, they still taste so dang good! I like to spread whipped cream cheese on them, cover with strawberries and top with whipped cream. Tastes like a sinful breakfast and holds you over for a long time.

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Hmm, I wonder if I can make those with greek yoghurt instead of cream cheese?
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Oh golly... I gained 4 lbs this weekend. I know what the cause was. Sugar. If it had sugar in it, I was eating it (unless it also had wheat). Mostly, I overindulged in chocolate milk (one Friday AM and one Saturday AM) and mt. dew (2 bottles and 2 cans). I had a gluten free blueberry muffin at the farmers market. Oh so good!! Oh, ice cream Saturday night and two pudding packs last night. The rest of my eats were Primal. A can of tuna might also be a culprit in the 4 lbs gained. Saturday night after the races I had some ice cream with mt. dew, then decided I needed to match it with a protein (at least I've learned SOMETHING lol), so I had a whole can of tuna. It was the saltiest tuna I had ever eaten. I almost couldn't finish it. Next day, up 3 lbs. So, I know it's sodium bloat - either from the dew or the tuna. So, today is a flush day (I hope). Planning to consume LOTS of liquids today to flush the salt and sugar out.

Back on Whole30 guidelines today. Hoping that by the end of August I can lose the 4 lbs of bloat, plus 10 lbs of actual weight. My SIL and Work Friend are also doing the Whole30 this month. Only obstacle I have is Brad's birthday, but I think I'll be ok. FIL said he'd bake me some fish so I don't have to eat it fried. Might see if he'll let me do it - I'll say it's because he has enough other stuff to prepare, it's the least I could do.

I didn't have to help my sister move, but I did help her arrange her furniture. I'd make a suggestion and my step-dad would say "that's not going to work". Of course, each time, it DID work. I think he just likes to pick fights. I've learned to ignore him, but I also always go in with a bad attitude b/c I know it's coming, and that's not healthy either. Anyhow, prime example, my sister's kitchen is VERY small. There's a tiny section below some windows by the backdoor where they wanted to put the table - she's got a square bar height table with 4 chairs. I suggested putting it in the living room right outside the kitchen to make room in the kitchen, give the illusion of having space, and make the flow in the kitchen less awkward. With the table in the kitchen, she'd have to walk around the table to get into the kitchen and walk around it again to get out the backdoor, and with the backdoor being her most heavily used door, the table would literally be in the way every day. We put it in the living room and made a small little dining area next to the kitchen and placed a large wall clock above it. It looked great and provided so much more room in the kitchen!! The area FELT larger by doing that. When it was all said and done, stepdad was eating his words, but of course would not come out and say "You were right", just making generic comments about how the place was shaping up nicely.

I also rearranged the kids' bedroom from the way mom and stepdad initially placed the furniture. Sister liked it better and said so. Aunt was there and backed me up on the issue of the coffee table. Sister borrowed a coffee table from me to use as a tv stand when she moved into the apartment, but got a different table for her tv for the house. After the couch and tv were placed, and the area rug down, Aunt (step-dad's sister) agreed that the coffee table wasn't going to fit, so we moved it out.

While I despise the fact that after 26 years I still have no credibility in regard to any of my ideas with them, I gloat internally when something I suggest works out as well as the furniture placement in Sister's house. Sister asked ME to place the furniture because she knew I'd make it work as best as I could given the space she had to work with. She didn't ask Mom or stepdad to place it, she asked me to. I made it work in her little apartment and I made it work in her little house. Hopefully, eventually, I'll earn some credibility with them, and not just with my ability to place furniture, but also with other things, but I'm not holding my breath. (example, right after I graduated college with my law enforcement AA, my stepdad argued with me over the correct definition of 'entrapment'... really? You're going to argue with a recent grad about something she just learned??? This is why I think he just likes to pick fights. He argues with Brad about racing all the time too, and Brad's been racing for something like 15 years).

Anyhow, she's all moved in and it looks cute. It doesn't seem as small with her furniture in it (it's only 720 square foot), and it'll work well for them for a short period of time. Of course, nephew is 6 and won't be able to share a room with his sister for too terribly much longer, but that's a problem I guess can be solved later.

Next order of business - Whole30 number 3 and getting crap paid off so I can buy a new(ish) car. There's nothing wrong with my car, but I've been driving it for 6 years and I'm ready for something else. I'd like to get an Explorer, but I think my kids will be moved out of the house before I can afford one of those... lol I have an aggressive debt payoff plan that will pay things off in the next couple of years (like all of our debt except our house and my student loans), but I don't think we'll be able to make the ol' Fusion last that long. If we could, that'd be great. We'd most certainly be able to afford an Explorer then. That's what I'd really like... an Explorer. Dreams. They sure can create frustration... at least for me. I want everything NOW, not later... debt paid off NOW, not later. Weight lost NOW, not later... etc, etc, etc. Patience is a virtue I was not equiped with. lol

Happy Monday, everyone!
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 07-30-2012 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy in Wonderland View Post
    Hmm, I wonder if I can make those with greek yoghurt instead of cream cheese?
    Greek yogurt might be too thin in consistency. When these are whipped up, they're nice and creamy. I think the yogurt and eggs would make more of a crepe than a pancake.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Thanks so much for the recipe (again!) !

Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    Thanks so much for the recipe (again!) !
    You're welcome.

KimT is offline Senior Member
    Catching up on your journal. Glad you are feeling better with the sinuses. Good luck with the next Whole30. I'm getting back on track and seems like I make a few days and then break and eat ice cream. That is my cheat of choice.

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Greek yogurt might be too thin in consistency. When these are whipped up, they're nice and creamy. I think the yogurt and eggs would make more of a crepe than a pancake.
    The Greek yogurt I have is as thick and creamy as cream cheese!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)