Page 87 of 593 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187587 ... LastLast

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 87

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Just a quick post as I've been busy all day and now it's almost quittin' time...

Doing well. Learning that fruit is not helping my weight loss so for the remainder of my whole 30, no fruit. Which means I'll probably have to freeze my canteloup... is that possible???

Today, I'm back to 190. I had really hoped to reach 186 during this Whole30 (10 lbs down from where I finished my last one) but I wonder if it's going to happen at this point. Maybe with no fruit??

Once I reach 183, I will commit to half marathon training. I haven't decided for sure which will be my first race (well, 7th, but first this time around), but I do know I'll be training slowly and properly, unlike my previous attempts, in hopes that this time I won't do 6 races with an injury or in recovery mode... I want to do well. I want to prove to myself that I have the physical capability to do really well in a race. I'll be lighter than any previous race (exactly how much I don't know yet, I'll have to research it), and in a healthier body, eating foods that fuel my body, rather than just eating whatever I want. I'm really optimistic about my ability to do this well and be proud of it this time around. I'm not really proud of any of my six previous races (7 if you count the 20k, which is only 12.4 miles) and feel like a fraud when I flaunt my medals. I want medals I can feel proud of, not medals that all have an asterisk next to them to say "This race sucked because XYZ happened".

Anyhow, I gotta jet. Gotta get moving so I can pick the kiddos up on time. Tonight, I think we'll have burgers with bacon again. Yummo!! I'll probably check in later.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I'm confident you'll do great in your next race! Look at hard your working to get healthy and prepared! I've always wanted to do a marathon............ just to say I've done one. But the funny thing is...... I HATE running in any way shape or form. So I think I should find a good walking marathon and go for that!

I'm on day 2 of whole30! So far so good!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Tomi, you could do various walks for charity! I think the Walk For Hunger in Boston is about 20 miles. I did about half of it when I was in high school (totally unprepared, was sore for days after). I also dislike running
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

avocadogirl is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a great plan, Jenn!

Tomi- there are lots of walker friendly marathons around the country. I don't run due to my RA but I distance walk often and am looking into a walker friendly marathon for next year.

Heard from the ENT office. He said my sinus cavity is way worse than he had expected. My suspicion is that he didn't think there was anything wrong. He said he suggests surgery, but I wasn't told what he found or what it means. I have an appointment with him on Friday afternoon. I am hoping there are options other than surgery that don't also require lifetime meds. I am shocked, honestly, because the Omnaris spray has been helping tremendously. The pressure is gone, the headaches are gone, the tenderness in my eyebrows is gone, and the stuffiness is gone. I am still coughing, however, which makes me think things are draining.

Guess I'll learn more on Friday.

Experimented in the kitchen tonight. I chopped some onion and green peppers, cut up some raw bacon and cooked it up and put all this into the bottom of a muffin tin. I poured scrambled eggs on top and baked for about 15-20 minutes on 400. Little egg muffins!! Excited for breakfast now!

Took Brady to the chiro tonight. He's been complaining the last couple of days that his neck hurt, and you could tell his range of motion was limited. Chiro tried to adjust his neck but Brady was in too much pain to allow him to do too much. Chiro is hoping that what little he managed to do tonight will allow the inflammation to go down so that he can further adjust it on Friday. The guy was really nice and did well with Brady. Dr. Jay, our regular chiropractor, is doing RAGBRAI, which stands for Des Moines Register's Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa. Riders will travel from the Ohio River (Nebraska border) to the Mississippi River (Illinois border). It's a 5 hour drive by car... long bike ride. I plan to do it someday. Anyhow, chiro thinks Brady's neck was misaligned as a result of is fall at the races. But he's positive it'll be fixed and all better soon.

um... I think that's it. Seem to be stuck at 190. Gave up fruit. Hoping that helps.

OH, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMI!!

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Surgery, Ugh. Well, I'm glad something can be done.

I cut down on the fruit too. I was eating watermelon and it just made me want more and more.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

I hope Friday's news is helpful. At least there are answers incoming, right? I'm glad the spray is helping!

I think I'm going to survive this weekend on fruit >< Not the best option, but I need some easy foods while I'm at my friend's lake house.

Tasha, I apologize as I haven't been keeping up with your journal. I do most of my journal reading at work and shockingly, I've been gainfully employed this week. I'll try to get over there today to see how things are going.

Last night, I gave in to my sugar demon and ate some stupid fruit. I had some canteloup (sp?? we call it muskmelon around here... they grow a LOT of melons in Muscatine, so canteloup is nicknamed muskmelon b/c of where it's grown and because of the strong scent it puts off when it's ripe, so I have no idea how to properly spell canteloup) and some mandarin oranges with cinnamon. Bad Jenn! lol

I made some breakfast "muffins" last night. I chopped up some onion and green peppers and cut up some bacon and cooked the bacon. I added a little bit of all three to the bottom of a muffin tin and poured scrambled eggs over top. Not sure I'm overly impressed with the texture (pretty airy), but it was quick and easy and pretty yummy. I had three for breakfast. Here's a pic of them:

breakfast.jpg

The scale absolutely WILL. NOT. BUDGE. I am very annoyed with it. I stomped my feet on it this morning and it went down a whole 0.2 lbs... lol Yes, I had me a little fit. I've been doing everything right. Following all the rules and I can't seem to break 190. So frustrating! So, I think this means I've reached my first plateau and it's time to change things up a bit. Apparently, walking is no longer enough to achieve my goals, so I'll be adding some gym time. I'd really like to wait to start running again until after I've acquired a pair of VFF's and have walked in them a few days, but I'm not sure sprinting on the bike will keep me happy. I plan to utilize the Couch to 5k training plan when I start running and the run portions are short enough that I could totally sprint them and then walk the resting portions, until I've built up my ability to run 3 miles (the program is 9 weeks long). I've used C25k twice in the past and it's a great way to start running, and I think it'll work well for sprinting.

And of course, I need to start lifting weights again. Not sure if I'll stick with just the 4 functional movements or if I'll branch out and include squats, chest work, etc. i just know I don't want to be stuck at 190 any longer. Luckily, we have access to a pretty decent gym at work, so I can do all this over my lunch break.

Anyhow, I think I'll end this now and start working on a plan for my gym days.

How long have you been at 190 now? You may need to just give yourself more time.

No worries, I have tons of time to kill at work usually so I keep up to date on everybody's journals. I don't expect the same (and it's been fairly quiet around here this week).

avocadogirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Those muffins look great. A wonderful idea. I've seen a lot of egg muffin recipes around but have not gotten around to trying them. I generally don't like peppers, but I might try with some of the leftover spinach and some spices.

I'm glad the spray is helping you feel better. I'm sorry to hear that surgery might be an option. I hope you get more answers. My kids' pediatrician told me she felt like this was one of the worst years for allergies and sinus issues. She's seen kids and adults with months long sinus infections that never had them before. She thought maybe having such a mild winter has something to do with it. I'm not sure I buy that argument, but if a doctor is seen so much ancedoctal evidence of more prevalent sinus issues, it makes me thing there must be something going on with pollen/air quality that is affecting people's lives dramatically.