Page 85 of 593 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185585 ... LastLast

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 85

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Good lock at the doc!
    Am now imagining Jenn putting her ENT into a head lock.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Avocadogirl, thanks for your comments. Brady has told me more than once that he comes to our room b/c he wants to be with us. It's touching. And he did ask why Mommy and Daddy sleep together and he and Kenna have to sleep alone. I told him it is because Mommy and Daddy have to share a room b/c there aren't enough rooms in our house and there's not enough room in the bedroom for two beds. lol Thank heavens we have a king size bed. It was fine when Kenna was a wee baby and didn't take up much room, but now she's getting to be a big girl and the 4 of us just can't all sleep in the bed comfortably now. That's the only issue I have with it - lack of comfort and disrupted sleep as a result of the discomfort.

Tasha, I think she attacked me b/c she felt like I was attacking her with my posts about not needing shakes or coaching or special food, etc, but the medium she used to attack me back was what bothered me b/c I didn't make any mention of shakes when I posted the link - just said "If you're skeptical about Primal/Paleo, check out the newest scientific proof that it works". She thought she was responding to the post I put in the group we both belong to, where I posted the link and said something along the lines that I've lost 30 lbs and 16 inches of fat doing the Paleo/Primal thing after 8 years of trying calories in vs calories out, shakes for breakfast and lunch, running myself silly, and limiting calories too much. Her comment was that she finds it to be unsafe to eliminate a food group for weight loss. I asked her if she had any idea what grains do to our bodies and she said she's researched it extensively and knows their effects, but I find that hard to believe. I find it hard to believe that anyone who has "researched it extensively" would continue eating those foods. Eh, *shrug* whatever... she can continue to put chemicals into her body and I'll continue to eat my steaks and bacon.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

said friend just sent me this text:

Hope you had a good night. I was actually dreaming about Paleo last night, kinda funny... and woke up thinking about it more.

My response was long winded:

I used to think people who followed it were nuts, couldn't figure out how anyone could give up pasta (I mean, what's left to eat?) until one day I got desperate enough to look into it and try. It was easier than I expected and brought me relief from my sciatic pain (chiro actually told me there was nothing else she could do for me and my only other option was diet change). I can sit comfortably now where before I was always changing positions. And after 9 years of antidepressants, I've been taken off meds and discharged b/c the psych says my diet helps me produce my own hormones now instead of needing them in pill form. Its worked wonders for me, so I share that in hopes that someone else will try it and also have amazing results. I mostly advertise the weight loss b/c thats what most people are interested in. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Sorry if my posts were offensive. It wasn't my intention.

Her response:
    You're not offensive.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    It's a little funny that people say cutting out a food group is so terrible...when they're replacing meals with fake food.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

That was my thought too... and I told her that even though I'm cutting out a "food group", I'm not cutting any macronutrients, which are more important than food groups anyway. I explained that I'm getting more than enough of the macronutrients I need from other sources like veggies and fruit.

She mentioned that she's training to be a personal trainer, so I told her the article was written by a trainer. lol

you can argue with me day and night about how bad this lifestyle is and I'll be able to counter your comments. It's called becoming educated.

But the fact that she dreamed about it and woke up thinking about it means I got my message across. It's swimming around in her head, and she's conscious of the lifestyle now. With any luck, she'll continue to research it and her shakes and make the best decision for her.

Learned nothing yesterday. No scope. Dr used his tools to look in my nose and then sent me to have a sinus xray (ct scan). He gave me omnaris to bring the swelling and inflammation down so that hopefully if it's just an inflammation thing, things will start draining on their own. The xray will determine whether or not there's an infection in the upper sinuses. If there is, he'll prescribe something. If there's anything else of interest, we'll take action then. He said my septum is deviated a little to the left (figured he'd pull the deviated septum thing b/c that seems to be their answers for everything) but no mention of surgery. Said it could take a week for the omnaris to work.

I know one thing - having two extra kids in the house when you don't feel great sucks. (Watching sister's kids)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    well poo............ I was sure he'd find something to offer an answer to your misery! Maybe the CT will show something.

You're a brave one for offering to babysit when you don't feel good.

hope you have a good day!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

She had no other option and it's not like she was going out to have fun... she was working.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Hey Jenn, I wasn't sure when you'd pop into my journal again, so I wanted to say congratulations on the wt loss. How long have you been doing Whole 30?
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ok I went back and read your whole 30 saga from the beginning of May. You have seen some amazing changes. I did W30 in Jan for 14 days and then stopped. Why? I don't know. My journal from that time shows a 9 lb loss and no binges. I think that I was seeing it as a temporary diet change. I am loving the ISWF book and am planning a more long term approach.

Hope you get this sinus thing figured out. Then you'll be unstoppable!
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67