Page 79 of 584 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179579 ... LastLast

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 79

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oh I so hope you get to hear those words. I'm so tired of my teeth hurting and being unable to bend over!!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

June68 is offline Senior Member
    Hey congrats!! That is so excellent and I'm glad you're succeeding!
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal

his_chick is offline Senior Member
    Wow. Well done Jenn! That's so exciting!
    Went Primal on 1st April 2012

Since beginning Primal:
    - The stomach cramps I'd been having have vanished.
    - People comment that my skin is glowing.
    - I enjoy getting out of bed (most of the time)
    - I'm so excited by food.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread52255.html

Thanks everyone!

tomi is online now Senior Member
    still waiting on the results of the netipot.......... You have to use it, cuz I was too freaked out to do it!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I used it. It was an odd experience, that's for sure. At first, nothing happened, except the water trying to exit my nose and drain into my mouth. Thinking this was wrong, I put the pot down, used a tissue to blow my nose and tried again. Started getting a drip out of the other nostril, let it drip for a bit, and blew my nose again. FINALLY got a flow. Sooooo gross. Green stuff was coming out of my nose. Yuck. Did it for the other side, steady flow the whole time, no gunk. Used a 3rd pot on the first nostril, and the water ran out clear, so I figured I could probably stop despite the small amount of pressure I felt when I bent over. I was able to breathe all night long.

Today, crushing pressure. Evidently the effects of the netipot are temporary... thinking I'll have to do it again tonight. It's not pleasant enough that I'm looking forward to it, I can say that much. but if I can get the stuff flushed out, maybe it'll help in the long run too. I really wish this sinus shit would go away.

I'm up a pound and lethargic as hell today. My body hurts and I just want to sleep. Why, might you ask? Because yesterday I LHT for the first time in months. I did 40 assisted pullups (20 lifting 37% of my weight, 20 lifting 47% of my weight), did 100 body weight bench squats and 50 pushups from my knees. Needless to say, I'm a bit tenderized today.

Last night for dinner, I roasted a chicken in our oven. SHIT! I just realized I left my bone broth on! Dang it! I put ACV in it this morning to leech the bones and meant to pull the bones before I left for work. Shit. With that hurt anything?? I won't get home til about 9 tonight so I want to make sure it's not going to get ruined having the bones in there that long now that there's ACV in it. If it'll ruin it, I'll have to call DH and ask him if he'll pull the bones out and set the crock in the fridge to cool. He'll be thrilled with that, especially since I didn't get out of bed on time, was running late, etc. He'll say "If you'd get out of bed on time, this wouldn't have been an issue, blah blah blah, yackity yackity, same shit different day".

Anyhow, I made a roasted chicken last night. OMG it was so yummy. I ended up putting it back in the oven under the broiler to crisp the skin a bit. DH doesn't like moist chicken skin and won't eat it. If I want him to get the benefits of it, he's gonna have to eat it, so under the broiler it went. I also had roasted cauliflower and steamed broccoli. Later I had some watermelon. I love watermelon. Lots and lots and lots of water in that stuff.

Today's eats:

B:
    2 eggs scrambled
    4 sausage links
    fruit medley (yum)

L:
    leftovers from dinner last night

D:
    Turkey breast lunch meat
    watermelon
    almonds
    (I know... not the best meal ever, but I have class tonight).

Movement - I'll take a walk but I'm not doing anything else. Body is too sore and tired.

I hope all are having a good day.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I never got a Neti Pot to work for me. I felt relief for about one minute after I used it, then was congested again. One thing I read that I would suggest to you is to make sure you DON'T blow very hard. Just a slightly stronger exhale through your nose than you normally would. If you blow too hard, you mess with your sinus pressure even more, and it can block you up again. I'm considering trying it again, but frankly, it's a hassle to heat the water just to rinse my damn nose out. I still wonder if I did it right, if it would actually help with my post nasal drip and allergies. Probably not, with my luck.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I believe that with neti pots, you have to use them consistently for a week or so, before the effects last longer. Something about the sudden change to your sinus causing them to go into hyper-drive. After they get used to a daily flush, they don't over-react so much. (This from a friend who uses one. Daily during allergy season, less frequently other times of the year.)

'Tenderized'

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Good to know, maybe I will try them out again when I adjust my sleep schedule. I wonder if it would be more beneficial to use them in the morning or evening, depending on allergies.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I would definitely say my sinuses are in hyperdrive today. They are PISSED off at me for the flush. Throbbing worse today than yesterday and I'm starting to have some gunk stuff things up. I can't even LOOK down, much less bend down, without things throbbing to beat hell.