Page 77 of 593 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177577 ... LastLast

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 77

his_chick is offline Senior Member
    Your presentation is fantastic, I especially like the picture! Very clever.
    Went Primal on 1st April 2012

Since beginning Primal:
    - The stomach cramps I'd been having have vanished.
    - People comment that my skin is glowing.
    - I enjoy getting out of bed (most of the time)
    - I'm so excited by food.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread52255.html

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I didn't make the picture. I found it on facebook. lol But thanks for the positive feedback.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Day 9 of Whole 30 #2 is starting. Scale read 195 this morning. All that bloat and weight gain from the yogurt/sugar hiatus the last week of June is finally gone.

I'm tired today. Not entirely sure why. Maybe it's because my sleep was kind of broken last night. DH is on 2nd so I woke up when he came home, then DS came to our room about midnight-ish, then again later, then that blasted alarm clock went off...

Somehow I managed to trip walking to my car last night and with no shoes that means I really did a number on my big toe. Stubbed it something fierce. It hurts to walk, therefore I don't walk right. Glad I brought gym clothes. I'll ride the bike instead of walking today, except I have to walk to the gym - about a mile round trip.

Lots of goodies today.

Bacon, scrambled eggs, fruit medley thing I made at home with mandarin oranges, pineapple, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries this time.
    Pork chop, grilled peppers, steamed carrots with ghee and parsley, steamed broccoli (oversteamed, actually. Oops)

Speaking of food... kinda hungry now.

My sister and a friend are considering the Paleo way of eating. Sister's kids have ezcema pretty badly - like so much skin will flake off and flake so deeply she has to bandage it with gauze to keep them from catching the skin on something and tearing it off. Poor kids. They've had this problem since they were wee infants. Hopefully some diet changes will help.

Friend has IBS and skipped our walk last night because she couldn't trust her gut. I shared with her the testimonials at Whole30 and suggested she make some changes that can impact the way her gut works. Sister and I discussed it later (and MIL with her illegal drug use for fibro pain relief) and Sister even agreed that food makes a HUGE difference in how your body works. Sister is known for not being able to cook and always relying on Chef Boyardee or The Helper Hand to assist with dinner. This is amazing coming from my sister - the girl who hates nearly all foods!

It's so nice when you can see your world is catching on and seeing the benefits. Just wish MIL would ditch her pot and pick up a chicken leg instead. But she's stubborn and bullheaded and frustrating. She'd rather take the easy way out and eat junk than to put forth some effort to change her diet and maybe try it out just once. Every time I've mentioned that diet can help, she says "well, some people say it doesn't work for them"... ok... but how do you know it won't work for you if you don't try it?? And maybe they were still cheating and that's why they had the problems they had despite their "changes". So annoying that she's not willing to test it. Oh well, I guess it's her pain not mine.

ugh she makes me so angry! I'm gonna go make breakfast now. Maybe it'll perk me up since thinking about MIL has irritated me again... now I feel like PC and CJ with MIL's who drive them nuts.

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Day 9 of Whole 30 #2 is starting. Scale read 195 this morning. All that bloat and weight gain from the yogurt/sugar hiatus the last week of June is finally gone.

I'm tired today. Not entirely sure why. Maybe it's because my sleep was kind of broken last night. DH is on 2nd so I woke up when he came home, then DS came to our room about midnight-ish, then again later, then that blasted alarm clock went off...

Somehow I managed to trip walking to my car last night and with no shoes that means I really did a number on my big toe. Stubbed it something fierce. It hurts to walk, therefore I don't walk right. Glad I brought gym clothes. I'll ride the bike instead of walking today, except I have to walk to the gym - about a mile round trip.

Lots of goodies today.

Bacon, scrambled eggs, fruit medley thing I made at home with mandarin oranges, pineapple, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries this time.
    Pork chop, grilled peppers, steamed carrots with ghee and parsley, steamed broccoli (oversteamed, actually. Oops)

Speaking of food... kinda hungry now.

My sister and a friend are considering the Paleo way of eating. Sister's kids have ezcema pretty badly - like so much skin will flake off and flake so deeply she has to bandage it with gauze to keep them from catching the skin on something and tearing it off. Poor kids. They've had this problem since they were wee infants. Hopefully some diet changes will help.

Friend has IBS and skipped our walk last night because she couldn't trust her gut. I shared with her the testimonials at Whole30 and suggested she make some changes that can impact the way her gut works. Sister and I discussed it later (and MIL with her illegal drug use for fibro pain relief) and Sister even agreed that food makes a HUGE difference in how your body works. Sister is known for not being able to cook and always relying on Chef Boyardee or The Helper Hand to assist with dinner. This is amazing coming from my sister - the girl who hates nearly all foods!

It's so nice when you can see your world is catching on and seeing the benefits. Just wish MIL would ditch her pot and pick up a chicken leg instead. But she's stubborn and bullheaded and frustrating. She'd rather take the easy way out and eat junk than to put forth some effort to change her diet and maybe try it out just once. Every time I've mentioned that diet can help, she says "well, some people say it doesn't work for them"... ok... but how do you know it won't work for you if you don't try it?? And maybe they were still cheating and that's why they had the problems they had despite their "changes". So annoying that she's not willing to test it. Oh well, I guess it's her pain not mine.

ugh she makes me so angry! I'm gonna go make breakfast now. Maybe it'll perk me up since thinking about MIL has irritated me again... now I feel like PC and CJ with MIL's who drive them nuts.
    Even with the stubborn MIL, that's great that other people in your world are opening up to it! It's amazing -- now when I hear or see that someone I know has mood swings, I look at what they eat, and it's usually a lot of sugar or carbs. I used to be that way! All over the place! So it's great when people are interested in healing. Just keep doing what you're doing -- lead by example. :-)
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Can you believe it??? I'm almost at the 30 lbs mark... I can't believe it... and I'm starting to get a bit anxious about what it's going to be like to actually reach my goal. I've been working on weight loss for 8 years and never met goal... Now my goal is nearly in sight and I'm getting excited, anxious and nervous. Borderline scared.

But in reality, I don't need to worry about it yet b/c it is still quite a ways off. If my weight loss remains the same as it has been, I won't reach 140 until the end of next April. Just in time to graduate with my master's degree!!

So, I can chill a bit, I think.

June68 is offline Senior Member
    Some people just like to be sick and receive any and all sympathy that comes with it. Your changes will speak loudly though, and those not too weak to give it a try will. I hope it works. I had eczema really bad when I was a kid and I still have the scars and until recently, the occasional outbreak. My bro finally figured out it was legumes causing his which was worse than mine in severity, but not in coverage area. Now I know it's autoimmune, I can avoid the trigger foods. Hopefully your nieces and nephews will have a successful outcome.

and my inner pedant must do this. I apologize in advance. Grammar nerd alert!

hiatus n. 1. a break or a gap, esp. in a series, account or chain of proof.

Ok, that's over. Back to your regularly scheduled journal.
    Last edited by June68; 07-10-2012 at 08:35 AM.
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal

Well, technically it was a break... lol I took a week long break after dr told me to eat yogurt b/c of the antibiotics. Since i was getting sugar again, i kind of binged for a week on stuff I knew I shouldn't be consuming - potato chips, Mt. Dew, ice cream, etc, etc, etc. I gained 4 lbs that week. It was definitely a crazy week.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    You're doing so good! Let the MIL issue go - it has to be her choice - and you don't need the stress right now

I think I might need to try the whole30 again -- I made it 9 days last time. Something I ate yesterday has me totally bloated - I'm almost 4 pounds UP in ONE stinking day! You have me wanting to try it again.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm glad I can inspire you, Tomi.

You're right about MIL, but it aggravates me so b/c my kids are in that environment almost daily. I never know when she's herself or high. It just disgusts me that someone would turn to illegal methods when there are so many other options out there...

A bit of background. I used drugs in high school. Nearly ruined my life with a deadbeat boyfriend. I moved off to college and stopped using drugs. Broke up with deadbeat boyfriend. Got a degree in law enforcement with the desires to work as a narcotics enforcement agent. DH said we'd have no future if I chose that career path, so I set it aside. I would LOVE to report her b/c my disgust with drugs is higher than my love for her. All of this started with getting high on pot one time.

What I think really chaps my ass is that everyone else jokes about her use like it's funny rather than illegal. And it's almost like the pot use is becoming recreational for her b/c she and a friend scoped out a place in Iowa City called the Cheeba Hut which is a sandwich shop that sells hemp products, including hemp brownies, one of which she bought even though she was having a "good fibro day".

If it was DH who was suffering from fibro and using pot to cope instead of seeking other ways, I'd file for divorce. This is how strongly I feel about it. It'd be a total deal breaker. I have zero tolerance for drugs and drug users. I have no idea how I'll approach the situation when my kids grow up and get exposed to it in school. Before then, I'll probably have to seek therapy. lol

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm not a fan of drug use. Boyfriend smoked pot in high school, but the last time he did it (within the 6 months of getting out of the Army and meeting up with me), he had a really VIOLENT response. I don't mean he was sick, I mean he was out of control, taking his aggression out on objects. If he'd been caught, there would have been a lot of money to pay for property damage. He does not smoke anymore! I grew up with some people being completely against drugs, not for any particular reason, and other people being okay with most "in moderation". Some people claim that marijuana is not addictive (the substance isn't, but the mental fixation is real nonetheless) and not harmful. Other people (including Boyfriend) claim it's worse than cigarettes for your overall health, let alone the memory issues that can come along with it. I don't know what to do think, it's like there's no way to get the truth when it comes to these kinds of things, but I don't have any interest in trying any. I smoked cigarettes on and off for a couple of years, mostly just a cigarette every now and then to deal with bad anxiety, but I really don't like the smell of smoke on me. I REALLY don't like the smell of pot smoke.

My sister smoked (or maybe still does) cigarettes and pot for a while. Her ex boyfriend would get it for her because they both felt it was a better option than for her to be depressed or do something dangerous (she has a history of self-injury and anorexia). I was pretty angry when I found out. She smoked pot with my dad, who smoked pretty heavily in college/up until my sister was born, a few times and had a good time. I'm glad they were being safe about it together and bonded over it, but my gut feeling is still disgust and anger.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.