Page 71 of 590 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171571 ... LastLast

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 71

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Now... here is a silly question... how does the good bacteria get from the intestinal tract to the, eh-hem, girly area??? I'm not finding a problem with my gut, really... it's the other area that is having problems as a result of too many antibiotics...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I am very curious about this as well and I'm afraid I have no idea. I believe it is partially PH levels in the body. If there is an irregularity (could be caused by antibiotics) and THAT is what is causing the vaginal infection, probiotics can help regulate the levels and the body will handle the infection on its own. Or it could be a blood thing, as I know the yeast overgrowth I had was determined from a blood test, but I don't think probiotics end up in the blood? Could be wrong.

Either sufficient probiotics or a course of an anti-fungal should help with the YI, but it can take some finagling to get it right. Sorry you are dealing with that! They suck. It's hard to combat them when you're on antibiotics, in my experience. Check out Whole Foods for tea tree therapy or potential suppository treatments, those are usually pretty effective, but the problem may be recurring until you are done with the antibiotics...
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Dr gave me a prescription to tackle it. I was just curious how the "transfer" from one part of the body to the other takes place. pH balance makes sense, actually.

I am a space cadet today. These medications are certainly building up. I have been spacey all day long - forgetting to get information to my boss in a timely manner, forgetting where he said he's going so when people show up looking for him I don't know where to send them, etc. I just used the albuterol inhaler b/c I started coughing on my walk and it wasn't very productive, and now I'm all jittery and anxious and just not feeling right. Sad b/c this is only day 3 of the new treatment plan, which means there are 7 more to go before I feel "normal" again. I wish I could just take a nap...

Cupcake4248 is offline Member
    I don't know how it's supposed to work either...just spent about 10 minutes on google trying to figure it out and the only thing I found was people saying to put the yogurt in "there" which seems questionable at best. Then I googled how to get rid of yeast infections and found what seemed to be a good article at a college website. Sadly the person who wrote it referred to "the bacteria in the crotch of wimmin" oh man. Sorry I can't be of much help but I hope I provided some entertainment.
    Striving to be a better, healthier, Stronger me!
    SW:176
    SPW: 125
    CW: 121
    GW:

lol too funny. There is no way in HELL I would put yogurt "in there" even if there was medical validity to back it up b/c there is a sugar content there that should NOT be injected into such a place... sugar is bad, yo! You want a VBI?? Insert sugar! Never experienced it personally but have heard some nasty horror stories!!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    I have heard something about using a vinegar douche.......... but haven't looked it up. I for one have never had a YI in my life! Must have a good balance "down there". The vinegar is supposed to balance the ph. You might want to check it out. Sorry if I'm totally off base - it just popped into my head so thought I'd put it out there for discussion or research purposes.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

The problem with douches is (according to many gynecologists) is that while they wash away potentially "bad" stuff, they also wash away "good" stuff, so what little good bacteria I may have left as the result of 3 weeks of antibiotic therapy would be further jeopardized, according to what they've told me in the past... so I don't do it anymore and am skeptical that it would help in this instance.

Kim pointed me in the direction of a good probiotic I think. I've gotta look to see if we have any wiggle room that'll allow me to get it, and if we do, that's the route I intend to take. In the meantime, a yogurt a day will keep the fungus at bay, right? lol

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Its always best to go the route that feels most logical and comfortable!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I want this:

Introducing The Primal Blueprint 90-Day Journal | Mark's Daily Apple

Oh I so so so want that! I almost want 3 for myself so I can try 9 different experiments! Just keep it going! It's great to have a journal and all but there's really no structure to my journal. A book such as this would give me the bit of structure that would help me focus on certain things and how they're really affecting me.

I LOVE IT! I gotta find a way to save up $69 now!!
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 06-27-2012 at 10:42 AM.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Hehe, one at a time! I read through the whole thing (pulled in by the promise of FREE THINGS) and I don't think it would help me all that much. Maybe, but not worth the money to me. I do my own experiments and I do them my own way. It might be helpful or easier to see results if I follow a structure provided, like actually sticking to some exercise routines for once, but I guess I am content to continue on in my sporadic fashion for now.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).