Page 68 of 593 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168568 ... LastLast

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 68

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    haha My boss is very healthy in a CW kind of way...

Morphine did nothing for me after my c-sections so they gave me percocet and ibuprofen.

Called dr for a different prescription and she said she doesn't have anything else as mild as Tramadol so she suggested taking OTC meds. whatev. I don't care. Tylenol and ibuprofen it is, then. Unless MIL has some vicodan or something.

Rib feels a touch better. At least I can move again. Problem is that I use 800 mgs of ibuprofen for a headache, so it does nothing for anything *real*.

About to head out for the day/week. Hope all have fun things planned and enjoy them!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

AbigailLyn is offline Senior Member
    Hope you feel better soon jenn! Enjoy your trip(?)

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Hi Jenn, how are you today? Really hope you're feeling better now!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

I went to the doctor yesterday. I came home with 5 prescriptions. I got an antibiotic (3rd), an inhaler, a painkiller/anti-inflammatory, a cough syrup with codeine for nighttime, and a medication for "opportunistic gynecologic infections". I also had to quit the Whole30 a week early so I could consume yogurt for the probiotics to also help fight off opportunistic gynecologic infections... So far, I'm feeling better already. I sneezed 3 times this morning and my chest didn't feel like it was being ripped apart.

So, since I am done with the Whole30, I guess it's time to produce some stats, so I'll have to take my measurements later. I don't have my notebook that contains my starting stats (dang it!!). Overall, though, I lost 10 lbs.

This weekend I also got two new pairs of pants. Size 12. I started the Primal Blueprint in a size 16.

Once all these infections go away, I'll try another Whole30. September has a perfect number of 30 days.. maybe September... I don't know if I really wanna wait that long. Maybe August. We'll see if I gain any weight from the dairy consumption in July and go from there. While I really missed my cream cheese and yogurt, I survived 24 days without. And I went the whole 24 days without dairy (as far as I know), it was the sugar I had problems with! At Day 10 I bonked and went on a sugar binge.

For the next 10 days, it'll be in my best interest to consume yogurt at a minimum. Once that's done, I think I might lay off the dairy again - except for maybe cream cheese pancakes - until I decide to do my next whole30. I feel bloated today, and have a bit of gas that I'm not used to. During the whole30 I had no bloating or gas problems. I blame the dairy!! Evil, evil dairy. lol

Cupcake4248 is offline Member
    I've also considered using yogurt or kefir for probiotics. I just can't stand sauerkraut. i nearly threw up just eating 1/4 cup one day. I want some quality yogurt without sugar though and I'm not sure if I can find it around here (maybe hyvee..hmmm). The only dairy I regularly have is heavy cream in my coffee in the morning. mmmmm. I shouldnt even have coffee every morning but I just love it!

Glad to hear/see that the pain has lessened for you! I hope with round of pills and stuff gets you back to your normal non hurt self!!!!
    Striving to be a better, healthier, Stronger me!
    SW:176
    SPW: 125
    CW: 121
    GW:

I'm thinking of doing a Whole30 too, but need to read more about how/what/when/were first. Is the information on how to do it availabe for free Jenn?

Yep. Go to Whole9 | Paleo Nutrition, Nutrition Workshops, Nutrition for Health and Fitness Facilities, and the Original Whole30 Program, Designed to Change Your Life in 30 Days. It's on there. They also have a book that I hear is really good. But the basic premise is 100% Primal, no dairy, no sugar, no white potatoes.

Cupcake, I haven't found sugar free at HyVee yet. I considered myself lucky to find 2% Chobani! Did you know that the only 2% chobani they carry is the pineapple flavor? Despicable! lol

Thanks jenn!

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Just remember to give yourself a bit of a break while you're healing! Your gut probably isn't going to be totally happy for a number of reasons (antibiotics, could also be dairy, plus die-off of whatever may be lurking). I think a Whole30 once you're all healed up is a great idea. I totally intended to complete 2 Whole30s this year, but after my success in January, I just could not handle another. April was a complete fail and now I don't think I'm interested since I'm doing well enough as I am. Mostly, I need to quit sugar, again.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That's why I did it... sugar. And quite honestly, if you think about it and tear it apart, dairy is sugar. Milk, yogurt, cream cheese... all sugar.

But, right now, probiotics are ruling my diet. Gotta keep the good guys in tact while this antibiotic (3rd one) wrecks havoc on my flora population.