Page 67 of 579 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167567 ... LastLast

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 67

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I agree - prednisone is not a pretty drug! I usually take only half the dose recommended and get off it quickly (stepping down the dose too of course). Tramadol can really upset the tummy - sorry no one warned you of that one. Probably best to give yourself a break from it today if you can. Hopefully that rib is getting better and you fell better on your own today!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, MF. The rib feels ok today, so I think I'll be able to get by without anything for pain.

Tummy is mildly queasy today, but I feel MUCH better than I did yesterday. Today, biggest complaint is stuffy nose. Took some benedryl b/c I'm apparently wearing clothes that were washed in the detergent with Downy. Itchy arms and legs/knees/butt make for an annoying day. Benedryl cleared the itching right up. Now, if it would just work on my nose...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    try the Neti Pot.......... I've heard it works wonders to clear out the sinuses.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    try the Neti Pot.......... I've heard it works wonders to clear out the sinuses.
    I have to round up the money first... I know they're not expensive, but when you don't have two dimes to rub together, everything is expensive. We sold our fridge, though, to someone who needed one, so we'll have that money. I'm sure I can take a few dollars out of there to buy one.

Add Snak Pak pudding to the list of foods I cannot eat without GI repercussions... Dang, Primal, you made my gut sensitive! lol

I have one - unused. Too bad you're not in my area - I'd bring it over!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Agreed. But i'll pick one up and try it out. I have purified drinking water at home... will that work in it? I read that it requires distilled water.

Ugh... not feeling swell today. Nose is still stuffy. Rib is still sore. Tummy is still unhappy. Hopefully I can spend some time in the sun this weekend and burn this crap off.

I think I need to take a break from my sausages. My tummy is less than happy with them anymore. Maybe I have eaten them to death... idk. Guess I'll invest in my bacon and start baking some up on the weekends so I have some during the week.

Last night I had an awesome dinner. DH made pizza for him and the kids. I took the leftover deer burger and stirred it into some sauteed broccoli slaw and shredded cabbage, with 1 tbsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp soy sauce, and two pinches of crushed red pepper. It was yummo. It's a recipe in the Eating for Life cookbook (linked to Body for Life), but I left out the rice. Who needs rice? Not I.

My boss is in his office talking to one of our majors telling the story of how his sister passed away a week ago. She had bone cancer and I guess it was pretty well under control but then all of a sudden went crazy and killed her. Cancer is a scary thing. I hope to never get it. With help from the Primal Blueprint, I won't get it.

We were supposed to go out for lunch with a guy in our office who is leaving for his next assignment, but our Deputy commander is out sick today, so I don't know that we'll still go. This is not cool b/c I didn't bring lunch with the specific intent of eating lunch out today... *sigh* I hate it when plans get changed and it's too late to counter...

We sold our "old" refrigerator to a guy DH works with. I guess this guy casually mentioned that his fridge had taken a dive and he and his wife were planning to go buy a new one last night. DH told him that we'd sell him our old one since we don't need it anymore. Sold it for $300. That $300 came at the perfect time. We could totally use it right now.

AAAANYhow... I haven't heard from Work Friend yet today so I think I might mosey on down to her desk and see if she's here today.

Went to lunch with everyone at work. We went to a place called Greatest Grains that is suppose to support the whole specialized nutrition thing. The boss thought that'd be a great place to go. He likes it there, but he also eats soy... anyhow, that's where we went. The deli counter caters HIGHLY to vegans. The only meat to be found in the entire counter was Italian BBQ chicken breasts. *sigh* Ok, give me one of those, but heat it up and cut it into slices for me please so I can put it on a salad. Then I went to the salad bar and grabbed some greens, boiled eggs, and sliced onions. Then I asked for some salsa to put on it b/c they didn't have JACK for dressing that would be Whole30 approved. $9. Luckily, Supervisor picked up the tab saying he still owed me for Secretary Day when I told the gift card was enough and he didn't owe me anything.

While we were there a gal got a smoothie or shake or something. The lady behind the counter asked if she wanted dairy milk or soy. The gal said soy. I cringed, visibly, and wanted so badly to tell her that soy contributes to the risk of breast cancer, but I didn't. I feel like I should have said something b/c that's what a good human does, right, but I really didn't want to get into a battle with her and I'm sure that is what would have happened given our location and the passion with which people embrace their lifestyles.

That being said, I disclosed to the men (yes, MEN) that I work with that I had lost 25 lbs by giving up grains, sugar, certain oils, etc and that as a result I'm a huge food snob. They understand, but I don't think Boss gathered that even Greatest Grains does not fit onto my list of acceptable places to eat. I don't think I'll ever go back there except to pick up the Cherry Coconut Bliss ice cream... there's just not enough stuff there for me to justify it. And it's so expensive. $8.50 for a pint of coconut ice cream? Are you KIDDING me???

Right now, my rib is causing agonizing pain. Boss had an 800 mg ibuprofen he was willing to give up. Tried to give away the Tramadol to Supervisor since he takes that for his back, but he said his prescription has expired and to be caught with it on him or in his system would get him into serious trouble (new drug policy in the army) so he didn't want it. now I have to find a Tramadol junkie... lol jk Probably give it to MIL for when her fibro flares up. Wish I had some vicodin... That stuff is GREAT! Or even percocet... MUCH better. in my opinion. I'm a pretty big fan of percocet after having both of my kids by c-section.

Funny how different we all respond to medication. I can take a vicodin or percocet and think I popped an m&m instead of a strong narcotic! Does nothing for me! I once had all 4 wisdom teeth out at the same time, and then got dry socket in the top 2. They gave me tylenol 3 which I promptly vomited back up - so they gave me percodan - didn't do a thing. I used to take vicodin to help me sleep when the fibro pain was so bad I would be tossing and turning --- it barely took the edge off. I have to take 800 mg ibuprofen to get the stightest bit of pain relief. And before they decided acetomenophen caused liver damage, I would take 3 extra strength tylenol WITH 800 mg ibuprofen every night just to take the edge off the fibro pain. Pain meds just don't work on me. If I get really hurt I hope morphine will work!

I keep hoping to hear you say the pain is going away, the cough is getting better and the stuffed up sinuses are getting clearer!

Good choices at lunch! You get the gold star for the day! Its really hard to make those good choices when you only have one choice, and that one isn't very good. Kudo's to you today!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

June68 is offline Senior Member
    Vicodin doesn't do anything to alleviate my pain.

It just makes me not give a damn.

Sorry you still feel like crap and your boss has shitty taste.
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal