Page 66 of 593 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166566 ... LastLast

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 66

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I called my osteopath for something for the pain. She agreed to call in a Rx for some pain meds, but said "You know it's not broken, right?" Well, her nurse did anyway... One doctor says it's broken. One says it's not. I KNOW for SURE that it hurts like a bitch, and that's all that matters to me. Make this g*d damn cough go away so my rib can stop hurting PLEASE! Ugh.

Came home and slept for 2 1/2 hours or so. Had 5 ibuprofen in my system at that time. 5 took the edge off. After heating pad and rest, the spasms stopped. Thank heaven b/c I think they were worse than the rib pain.

Pain is tolerable at this time. Only *really* hurts when I cough, but otherwise it's just uncomfortable.

Need to take something for the snot build up in my sinuses to fend off the coughing for a while. Will take a couple Sudafed. Should take benedryl - have seen my best cough suppression results with that.

Anyhow, Just wanted to check in. Thanks for the messages, ladies.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Poor, Jenn. You are just being slammed lately. Take as good care of yourself as you can. We're thinking of you.

Something has me feeling jittery right now. Took my antibiotic and some sudafed. Cough this morning has been unrelenting. The drive to work was brutal and now my chest (rib) hurts significantly. May take a Tramadol (not torodol like I thought last night). Worried that it'll make me fall asleep at work, though. Talked to my supervisor who takes it for his back and he said it doesn't really make him sleepy, so maybe it'll be ok. Would have preferred percocet or vicodin as those don't make me sleepy, but there's likely a reason she avoided those - maybe b/c they're opiates? IDK. I don't know what to think of this drugged feeling though. I haven't even taken the pain killer and I feel drugged up. I did take it last night before bed. Maybe some residual effects? Whatever it is, I don't like it much, to be honest. My arms feel all energized and stuff.

Maybe it's anxiety, even. I have a lot to be worked up about. And this is the start of Day 4 with no Lexapro. Never gone this long without it, but the withdrawal symptoms (the zapping) have been minimal so I haven't taken it. I have one with me just in case.

Just googled the side effects of cephalexin (the antibiotic) and learned this: Nervous system side effects have included dizziness, fatigue, headache, agitation, confusion, and hallucinations. Agitation... definitely feeling it. I almost feel panic attacky, which is not cool b/c I just took my Ativan from my purse today b/c I hadn't needed it in so long I figured there was no sense in carrying it around anymore.

Geesh. When's it gonna end? I'm so annoyed with all these issues. I'd just like this cough to go away so the rib can feel better and I can stop popping so many danged pills.

Maybe I'll take a walk and drop off some personnel stuff that's completed. See if that helps reduce this agitation. G*d this sucks!!! I just want to feel good again!! *sigh*

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Full withdrawal from Lexapro will probably take 3 weeks. I know the feeling of just wanting it all to be done, but you have to be patient and let your body heal. I really hope the cough will ease up soon, I can only imagine how obnoxious and painful that must be. Sadly, there's nothing that can be done for a cracked rib except take it easy.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to read about your cough and broken rib. I did this about 10 yrs ago (broke 3 ribs in a coughing fit) and know how much pain you are in. I couldn't even move until I had some pain meds on board. They gave me Tylenol 3 (codiene helps shut down the cough), soma (muscle relaxer) and prednisone (further shut down cough). The prednisone made me into super woman and I was shoveling snow 2 days later until my neighbor caught me and forced me inside, so be careful if you eventually end up on that one. Not much you can do about broken ribs except take it easy. Do what you can to ease the cough but breathe deeply as you can. Take care!

Ate some grapes and now I feel less drugged. Thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    Sorry to read about your cough and broken rib. I did this about 10 yrs ago (broke 3 ribs in a coughing fit) and know how much pain you are in. I couldn't even move until I had some pain meds on board. They gave me Tylenol 3 (codiene helps shut down the cough), soma (muscle relaxer) and prednisone (further shut down cough). The prednisone made me into super woman and I was shoveling snow 2 days later until my neighbor caught me and forced me inside, so be careful if you eventually end up on that one. Not much you can do about broken ribs except take it easy. Do what you can to ease the cough but breathe deeply as you can. Take care!
    My cough is sinus related, so prednisone won't be prescribed. I just have to get rid of this sinus crap and things should get back to normal. On my second antibiotic for it. Prednisone makes me an angry person, so for that reason alone I tend to avoid it. I had to throw myself on the couch and have a tantrum b/c I got so angry with my kid once while taking prednisone. That anger scared me so I haven't taken it since.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Jenn - have you ever tried a NediPot - I think thats how you spell it - maybe Neti Pot? I don't know - basically its a douche for your sinuses. You need to use filtered water, maybe even distilled? Not sure --- but I've heard from people who use it that they absolutely LOVE it for cleaning the gunk out of the sinuses - works really good for allergies cuz it washes the allergens out with the nasty stuff! I have one - but haven't used it. I just talked to a guy yesterday who swears by his! Any time his allergies start to muck up his sinuses and he starts coughing he gets out his Neti Pot and it takes care of the problem! Its worth a try.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Supervisor just informed me that I'm supposed to take tramadol with food. Sure wish the pharmacist had said so or put a note on the pill bottle. Stomach has been nauseated all day. I know I should eat, but the thought of food brings on a new wave of nausea. Damn I hate this.

Inadvertent 24 Hour Fast - kinda

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So, yesterday... wow, did yesterday suck. I took a pain pill about 9ish or 10ish... not sure which. I didn't take it with food b/c I had grapes in my tummy already and the instructions didn't indicate that it needed to be taken with food. As the day went on, I felt worse and worse and worse. I finally emptied my stomach about 2ish... bu-bye grapes. I broke down and started drinking a 7UP in hopes that it would calm my tummy and chose to not eat lunch. As I was leaving work, I had to make a mad dash for the bathroom and voided my stomach again. Ugh... So, there was nothing left in my stomach at that point. I tried to drink some bone broth but it wasn't tasting good to me. I finally chose to break the Whole30 rules and had 3 pudding packs and some marshmallows. The marshmallows upset my stomach so I stopped eating them, and finished my pudding. I vegged on the couch all night long.

I feel the hangover from being sick today, but I'm alright I think. I will NOT be taking any more Tramadol. Ugh. That crap made me feel horrible! OMG. Seriously. The only reason I stayed at work is b/c I was afraid to drive home feeling so poorly.

For fun I stepped on the scale - 196. If it's still there tomorrow, I'll claim it. I'll be so glad when I finally start to feel better! Man, I am SO tired of this.