Page 62 of 555 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 62

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Aw, thank you! I love my rugrats.

So, paper and discussion questions are done. I don't think the paper is that "good" but whatever, it's done.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Did you see? Did you see? Check out my ticker and signature!! I hit 200 again today. This time I think it's for real b/c I'm well hydrated. I stepped on and off the scale 5 times. 4 of those times, it said 200. I'll TAKE IT! lol

June68 is online now Senior Member
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal

haha I love the Homer Simpson pic! He's such a riot!

I moisturized with coconut oil this morning and now I want to throw my arm in a pan, fry it up and eat it... I smell so yummy!

Didn't sleep worth a damn last night b/c my son was in our bed and for a little guy, he takes up a damn lot of room. Should have had DH take him back to his room, but it was easier to just push him over and go back to sleep. Also had a late night coughing outbreak that hurt in my rib. Things are finally starting to feel better in that area. I can roll around in bed now without crying out in pain. I still wince a bit, but at least it's not horrible pain. Just soreness now. Cough seems a tiny bit better. Took last antibiotic dose today. I hope that was enough and the stuff will continue to do its thing. If not, I guess I'll have the dr call in another prescription for it.

So, yesterday, DH and I decided we would park his car for a while b/c it is in desperate need of new tires and the brakes are all but shot. He was going to start driving his truck and I'd bump the fuel budget for his truck up by the amount we budgeted for his car. Then on the way home from work it sounded like my car was making a noise. I noticed more "tire noise" coming from the back and the last time this happened, it turned out I had a bad wheel bearing in the front. $700 later (after also changing the tires) the car was running good again. So anyhow, I noticed the same noise coming from the back and asked DH if my car would have rear wheel bearings. He said yes. And I explained to him what it was doing. He is now driving my car to investigate and I am driving his truck. Luckily, the wheel bearings are only $85 a piece and I think he's probably capable of doing the work himself. He's pretty mechanically inclined given the work he does on his race car. If he can't do it, his dad will be more than willing to help. So, when it rains it pours. lol Luckily again, DH has about $500 in stock that he's bought at work, so we'll cash that out and use that to repair the vehicles. Then we'll be good to go and able to drive our less guzzly vehicles again.

We realize the error of our ways... We shouldn't have gotten the new fridge/toolbox when we did. But it's done, it's over with and we're on our way to fixing it. We'll be ok, just tight for a while.

Day 14 of the Whole30 went well.

B:
    3 sausage links
    1 boiled egg
    vitamins

L:
    2 brats
    1/2 cup sauerkraut
    1/4 sweet potato in CO

D:
    2 slices watermelon
    bunch of pineapple
    almonds

Day 15 will go well too. I'm so glad it's Friday. I just hope I start to feel better (sinus headache just won't go away) so I can enjoy my weekend and actually get some stuff done.

Ok, DH just texted me and said he doesn't hear anything wrong with my car. So that's good news. Maybe it was just the road. *shrug*

tomi is offline Senior Member
    why does it always seem to be that way? "when it rains, it POURS" Life seems to slap hard at times doesn't it?

So what kind of a car does your husband race? I don't know a lot about cars - but it sounds interesting.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

He drives a dirt track IMCA modified. Here's a pic:

Tyler 2012.jpg

Since it's a copyrighted picture, I have to give props to Chris Damitz from Chris Damitz Photography in Davenport, Iowa... blah blah blah Chris Damitz Photography

It's essentially a Ford. It's got a Ford front end and a Ford motor, but as you can see, looks nothing like any Ford you've ever seen. All mods look the same, but if you run a Ford motor, certain front end parts have to also be Ford, etc. Rules, rules, rules.

This year hasn't been a very good year at all. We've wrecked it once or twice already this year, broke a ball joint that took out two tie rods, 2 shocks and 2 A-frames. It was a $600 fix... The wreck took out the entire rear body frame (bent it toward the driver's side by 4 inches) and killed a fuel cell. That was also a $600 fix. And now since he's hit his head twice while wearing his helmet (the roll cage in this car is too short for him - which is totally unsafe, by the way - if you look, you can see the bars in this picture. One goes at a downward slant away from his body behind his helmet and the top of it connects to a bar that runs just along the top of his head. They mounted a steel plate on top of the bars in case he rolls to keep his head inside the bars if he rolls...) we need to buy a new helmet, which is $450... since the helmet's not cracked or showing any wear, we're still using it, but next time it might crack. FIL has placed "roll bar padding" (think swimming noodles for kids) over the bar so DH doesn't knock himself silly on it again.

Yeah, racing is awesome - at raising your anxiety level!! But, it's what he loves.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 06-15-2012 at 10:52 AM.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Dude, that is badass. Not all the badstuff that happened, but the racing. Quite the adventure I am sure. BTW no arm frying allowed, though I have to say the image of you cooking your own arm in coconut oil was rather amusing.

Oh, and congrats on 200. I am in my office doing my Homer impression. For reals...
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

he's been racing for something like 14 years. he started out in a "two man" car that had one person controlling the steering and another person doing the gas/brake. It was a hilariously fun class to watch but no one runs them anymore. Then he moved up to the "bomber" class - think 85 style monte carlos that are all beat up. then he moved up to the street stock class - think 85 monte that's NOT beat up and goes way faster. Then he moved to modified. His first year in modified, he won 10 races with his big badass Ford motor. So he moved up to a higher level modified class, got schooled and moved back down to the first modified class to get schooled again. We're having a lot of problems getting the car to hook up, handle right, operate right, etc, and it's frustrating/depressing/embarrassing after watching him kick ass the first year. But, they'll get it dialed in and it'll be fast again - however it might not be this year since the season is half over.

Oh, and it only took 8 years of nagging at him to FINALLY do purple and orange! Everyone who's seen the car loves the flat black with the black numbers. he did it a few years ago and we all wanted him to go back. Finally, this year he listened and designed black on flat black with purple and orange. I love it. It's sexy! lol

And he's STUCK with this color scheme for a few years b/c we just spent $545 on a black, purple and orange fire suit for him to wear. hehehehehe (which he can't wear b/c it's too big and we have to get it altered... )

tomi is offline Senior Member
    You must smiling big with that 200!!!!

I think I'd freak if my husband did something like........... you're a brave woman!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.