Page 6 of 593 FirstFirst ... 456781656106506 ... LastLast

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 6

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    jenn...lack of good sleep & maybe a bit of carb overload may be making you sleepy...

Wouldn't worry about it too much. Dust yourself off & move on. It'll be ok in the long run. Get up from the desk once an hour or so & stretch or walk around a bit. Maybe that'll help you keep going till bedtime!

have a great today! And don't forget its Thankful Thursday!! What are you most thankful for?
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Wow... I didn't realize I consumed so many carbs yesterday! Yowza!!

Today, I am thankful for my health. I might not be where I want to be on the health scale or on the fitness scale or the weight scale, but at least I'm not laid up in a hospital bed with no hope of ever getting there. I am thankful that I am at a point in my life where I can still make the changes I wish to see.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    Thats a wonderful Thankful list, for some reason it made me emotional. I am happy you are here and doing well! Have a glorious day.

amen jenn!! I agree!

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    (what's thankfull Thursday? Is it something that occurs every year?)

Wonderful list, Jenn!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Candy, I think Thankful Thursday is something that PrimalCajun and Pebbles created. It's a weekly thing they're starting to do.

Candy in Wonderland is offline Senior Member
    Ah, I have a friend who always celebrates "absurd Thursday"
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

I actually can't take credit for it...it was kinda CJ's(longing2bfit) idea! and a darn good one I might add!!

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    I actually started doing thankful Thursdays years ago as part of a class I taught. And I have never stopped all of these years. I know that now it is huge around the net. (google) and it seems that everyone does it. I can't remember where I first heard of it either?

Subscribing

Primal Protein Bars

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have decided I'm not making Primal Protein Bars anymore... they're too yummy and I can't keep myself away from them. I ate two of the danged things last night... And given all that protein, I should NOT be hungry right now, but I am. I always find that if I eat a big dose of protein right before bed, I feel ravenous in the morning, which is why I'll usually eat a carby snack, like berries or something instead. But, I'm out of berries - my strawberries developed a mold problem, so I pitched them.

ANYHOW, I made Primal Meatloaf last night (the one in the blog about freezable meals). It is sooooo yummy! I made it in a muffin tin this time instead of a loaf pan b/c it cooks faster that way. 30 minutes in the oven instead of 75. Such a good deal. I have two "balls" for lunch (which is one serving per the recipe) and I'm so tempted to eat them for breakfast instead of my boiled eggs.

Greek yogurt might be taking a trip off my menu items list. It's so high in carbs. I know it's not bad, but I am trying to stay below 50 g per day per the carb curve so I can burn off some fat. If I'm going to have a huge carb load, I'd rather it be from veggies.

Speaking of veggies, DH and I rediscovered our love for cooked carrots this week. We've had them twice. So yummy. Probably an insulin spiker though. Will have to look.

I used yesterday as a rest day b/c i was tired. Today I'm still feeling tired (despite going to bed a bit earlier) and my knees hurt. I'm not sure why my knees hurt. It's not a problem I usually experience. And as a runner it's troubling.

My scale was a bastard today. I stepped on hoping to see 213, and it showed 212... then immediately jumped up to 214 and some change. I hate my scale. It's always doing this shit to me. Gets me excited and then dashes my hopes. I called it an asshole and walked away. lol

Nothing planned for this weekend except for Saturday night. We have a race party to go to where the driver is trying to earn some cash for the racing season. I'm sure there will be anything but primal foods there. Will have to play it by ear. I'll avoid wheat products for sure. I think last year it was loose meat sandwiches, potato salad, baked beans and chips. I'm sure that's what it'll be this time too. I'll enjoy some of the fare but I will avoid the wheat and consider this my 20% since I've been exceptionally good this week.

Sunday morning I think we're planning to go out for breakfast to a buffet. They have excellent breakfasts. I'll get eggs and bacon for certain. Maybe some hashbrowns. I'm pretty confident I can control myself.

Hope everyone is having a good Friday thus far. I'm sure I'll be back at some point today.

Page 6 of 593 FirstFirst ... 456781656106506 ... LastLast