Page 583 of 593 FirstFirst ... 83483533573581582583584585 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,830 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 583

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    No Brad did not just get a raise... he lost his shift premium, which actually was a CUT in pay. It doesn't matter anyway - raise or not. It's a bill we can't pay.

I *think* I have a plan and I know in the end we'll come out on the other side, but I hate this feeling of uncertainty.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is offline Senior Member
    oh, I thought I read something about a "lump sum raise". Sorry...........
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I hope your plan works out! Getting strapped with unexpected bills is awful. Is there anyway you could get some legal advise about the bill to see if you can get it reduced or gone away?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Tasha, we knew it was going to be $2,500. We knew that going in. But we were told it would be applied to our property taxes and paid for over a period of 5 years by way of our mortgage payment. TECHNICALLY speaking, the city broke the contract, so I suppose we could fight it if we wanted to spend even more on legal fees.

Tomi, he did get a lump sum bonus, but that is already been spent on other things - $1000 to other debts, a 5th wheel stabilizing jack we needed for the camper ($100 used), home maintenance items (running toilets and the like - $300), and new tires (4 each - $320) for the racing trailer. We used it "responsibly" by putting it toward necessary things. We didn't even get to play with it at all - which means I STILL haven't cut and colored my hair like I had planned to do.

I'm just frustrated by this. I've felt very insecure about our financial status for a long time and I thought we were finally making some damned headway, then this crops up and I have to again jump through hoops to make ends meet. I'm tired of it, is all.

Understandably so. Money issues are stressful!!!

You might consider talking to some of your neighbors about the curb issue. If you all went in together to get legal aid the cost for each of you would be considerably less. Was there anything in writing stating the money would be collected through taxes via mortgage payments??
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Nothing in writing but that doesn't mean a contract didn't exist. There was only one other household involved in the roadwork. Not sure dividing it two ways would even make it worth it. I feel like I have a solution. Unfortunately, said solution has us even more strapped for the next few months and I'm not happy about it.

Went off course this weekend. Brad and I took the kids out to dinner. In speaking to a friend and discussing how Whole30 is pretty much going to be our permanent way of eating (with a few special meals tossed in here and there) we decided that one meal won't hurt. So I had Texas Roadhouse with the family - which involved two dinner rolls, honey butter and taterskins with ranch dressing. Scale reflected zero change - but had been up 2 lbs since eating tacos a few nights before (without the shell, of course). I also ate some hot tamales candies and today I have a headache. I have no doubt this headache is a direct result of the candies - sugar hangover. Back on track today. Breakfast is egg salad made with homemade mayo, tomatoes and spinach. Oh, and bacon, of course.

I was really excited yesterday b/c I found uncured bacon at Aldi. It's a buck cheaper than the Farmland stuff I get at HyVee so we're trying it this week. It's good, but it's not the Farmland stuff.

I'll be back. Computer is forcing me to restart...

Just noticed I never came back yesterday. Right after I posted that, I had to go into a briefing and provide personnel info. Then immediately following that I had to scarf down my lunch b/c we were going into another meeting that took 2 hours. Then I had to actually do some work... busy day yesterday! Today is more relaxed but I still have a long to-do list.

Planning to start lifting again today. I need to get my butt out to the gym everyday. It helps me to feel confident and capable. Starting light and working my way up again.

I bounced back from my off-roading pretty easily this time around. I'm pleased that I was able to bounce back so quickly, and with such relative ease. No sugar cravings thus far. Yesterday was a hangover day. It would be nice if eating candy for me was as sporatic as drinking.

My office mate has returned from his galivanting around the building, so I will head to the gym now. I think I'll do OHP and some inverted pull ups, maybe some inclined pushups. And maybe some body weight squats. We'll see when I get there.

I sense you are "back in the game" !!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm beginning to think this FSA deal is bogus... so many unsubstantiated claims that I have to provide receipts for. Seriously, if HOSPITAL is included in the payee name, there should be no freaking question. When the description provided by the provider is "medical services" there should be no question. How is it I can get contact solution at Walmart and not have to provide a receipt, but if I pay for an ER visit with my card, I have to show a receipt?!?! Makes absolutely no effing sense. Now I get to jump through hoops and HOPE to remember who these transactions were too (b/c they don't have vendor names on anything older than July thanks to a system upgrade) before the end of the year to keep from being penalized at tax time. This is utterly stupid.

Are all FSA/HSA systems like this?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So, I have $327 in commission coming early next week and here's where I freeze up. I create a plan and commit to the plan, but when it comes to actually executing the plan, I get severe anxiety over it. This commission check will go toward the credit card we are paying off with the WAY lower interest bank loan. I know it's the right decision and I know we'll be better off for it, but I am still experiencing significant stress over it. As soon as I click submit payment, I feel like I've made the wrong decision, like I should be setting that money aside instead "just in case" and by all rights, if I'm going to follow Dave Ramsey to a tee, I need to have $1000 set aside before I start snowballing (come to think of it... hmmm... maybe that is a better idea).

In any event, when it comes to making large payments on something, I experience significant stress and I don't understand why! It should be FREEING to make these extra larger payments! I should be feeling relief, not stress! (alternatively, I always feel a sense of relief when we sign a loan - which makes NO sense whatsoever!).

What the heck is going on with that? Is it a fear of success thing? Like I'm fearful of what life will be like without this large debt weighing over us? Neither of us are very good at managing money, so maybe that's what I'm afraid of - that as soon as we're sitting well again, we'll jack it all up again. Or maybe it's like the fear of freedom prisoners experience after a long lock up. Maybe I just need therapy b/c that's just crazy shit right there.

One thing I would like to do after we get our debts paid off is to take a money management class with Brad - so we can both learn the proper way to manage our "disposable income". I suppose we should probably do that now, but with so little disposable income, I don't think it's necessary - yet. Someday, it will be, though. I'm determined to make it so.

Anyhow, that's my anxiety today... that and school shootings now that school is back in session. I'm terrified of school shooting and leaving my kids at school. I think I'd rather they be at daycare all day... in a non-descript house in a quiet neighborhood... but they won't learn much there, will they...