Page 580 of 590 FirstFirst ... 80480530570578579580581582 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,800 of 5892

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 580

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Jenn - I can relate to the embarrassment of regaining lost weight. I feel like a failure.......... I am ashamed and yes, my self confidence suffers greatly.

I know I put too much emphasis on my physical appearance - but it what it is. I mean - I don't do my nails, I don't spend more than 10 minutes putting on my make up, I don't really care too much about my wardrobe --- but I do care about my size. I want to be comfortable in my skin........ and when I'm not, I project onto other people as well. If I'm looking at my image saying "YUCK" ......... then I expect others are also looking at me and thinking "YUCK"!

We'll get there! We don't give up!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I feel you. I need to peel off 20 lbs before I return to work in a month. I went back to my emf thread. I am going keto six days a week with one day of moderate carb paleo. Going the drastic route.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    marcadav, I looked at that too, but that seemed like more of a chronic thing and not just a menstruation thing. Is that incorrect? Mine ONLY occurs during menstruation. I've sent info regarding my symptoms to my dr and will wait for her thoughts. Last time she told me it was all hormonal and that it'd take some time for them to level out, which I agree with, but it went away for so long and now it's back with a vengance and worries me.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    I have one sister (MH) that has these spasms more often and one sister (LW) that has only had a few. LW is post-menopausal. MH is not. I do not know if MH's are associated with her cycle.

I have read that it can be associated with menstruation. Another trigger might be low magnesium. I wonder if, and bet, both of my sisters have low magnesium.

RittenRemedy is offline Senior Member
    More sympathy for the regaining, though I'm sure you don't want to even hear about it. Strangely, that's where daily weighing helps me, because I know my body fluctuates (sometimes wildly for long periods). At least you know you can and will deal with it now! Still super frustrating whenever it happens though. :/ I'm there myself after days at 152-3, up to 157 overnight. Thanks hormones. I know that's not a lot comparitively, but still hurts the self confidence I was fostering.

Marcadav, more info I didn't relay yesterday b/c I was agitated. The spasms only happen on day 1 of my period and only once every 4 months. It's so weird. Like month one I'll have these horrid spasms on day one. Going to the bathroom or passing any trapped air helps. Day 2 and on is fine. Then cycle 2 comes and things are ok - cramps are rough, but no spasm. Then cycle 3 comes along and it's a little bit better. Then cycle 4 comes along and it's a complete breeze. But then cycle 5 pops up and we start day one with spasms again. This has happened since I quit using birth control and it doesn't matter whether I'm eating Whole30, 21DSD, Paleo, Primal, or SAD. It's definitely a hormonal thing, but WHY? I don't understand it.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    How you doing?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

Whole30 day one! *throws confetti* I'm excited to start feeling better. I'm bummed though b/c the scale said 204 this morning. I was hoping to NEVER see the 200's again.

I have a Thirty-One party at a Mexican Restaurant tonight. I'm sure I won't be able to eat dinner unless they have fajitas or something. Brought some snacks just in case. Hoping for a good turnout and good numbers tonight. I have this goal of $1200 in the first two weeks. If I hit the goal, I'll get $522 worth of product from Thirty-One for free, which will be awesome since the new catalog comes out next month. The stuff I'll be getting is all new catalog stuff. It'll save me from having to buy it.

Had a job interview today with an office that does hiring actions for Army medical facilities. The lady asked me why I wasn't trying to get a position within the logistics field. I think this question may be my undoing. I told her that in my current organization, the positions start at the GS-11 level. I am currently a GS-08, with 8 months of time as a GS-09. I am quite frankly, not eligible for any of the position in my current organization and since I want to expand my career, I'm looking at outlying organizations. She seemed to have taken that as a comment meaning I'm looking for a stepping stone. I tried to assure her that I would not use a developmental job as a stepping stone (b/c hello, developmental jobs require a 2 year commitment to get any kind of rank) and that I'm looking for a career that will allow for progression and advancement. The work would be ok. The work involves recruiting nurses and doctors for Army clinics across the world. But I'm not "in love" with the aspect of doing that particular kind of work - for that field of employees.

I need to talk to my boss about the internship program they're getting ready to start. I'd really like to stay here - or at least with our parent organization. The job I interviewed for today was not with our parent organization. I'd have to seriously think about it if it were offered to me, which at this point, I don't think it will be. I'm not feeling confident about it at all. But I can't hold my breath forever waiting for a job to open up here that I'm eligible for.

I spoke with the gal on Friday whom I'm covering for now and she said they are going to announce her current temporary position as a permanent position, and she's going to put in for it, which means they'll open the position she was holding (that I'm currently working) shortly after that, but unless I get 4 more months at the GS-09 level, I won't be eligible for it. That's a lot of wishful thinking and breath holding, you know? So do I change gears all together, miss out on the awesome dynamic that is this organization, and give up my interaction with military altogether or do I stay in a job that will literally take me no where, barely pays our current bills (it should, but it doesn't b/c we suck), and will provide zero opportunity for growth in the future? That's a tough one.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I hope the Mexican restaurants has fajitas for you! That's what I usually get. No beans, no rice, no tortillas. Just the meat and veg.

I think the whole money management thing is a whole other problem to be dealt with, so I'd suggest you focus on what the job offers you outside of that, vs. what you could gain outside of it. Is it going to be worth it in the long run? It's sounding like no. You might be missing out on some good opportunities.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I really have no opportunities here. I'm not high enough rank to do anything - it doesn't matter what my skills are, what my experiences are or how good a worker I might be - I'm not able to apply for any of the jobs that open up here until I move up in rank... so if I want to work here, I'm still going to have to leave at some point to get that rank increase to even compete for those other jobs. You gotta move to be able to move, kind of thing. I talked to the new deputy about it and told him it's not a dream job, but it's a good step toward a dream job. I'd really like to stay with ASC, but I'm not opposed to leaving so I can someday come back into a position I would consider a dream job.