Page 572 of 593 FirstFirst ... 72472522562570571572573574582 ... LastLast
Results 5,711 to 5,720 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 572

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Jenn Awesome news on the 31 parties! Hope it all works out and you see that $900 bonus money! Yeah!

I fell off the wagon too............. curry and rice yesterday - and face plant in the cookie container! No ill effects except for a very bloated mid-section.

I'm vowing to be 100% Monday-Friday -- and give myself just a slight bit of wiggle room over the weekends. I think that might be a good approach for me.

Hope the job interview goes well - I think you'd be great be that position as much as you love crunching numbers!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Good luck Thursday! Here's hoping your 31 stuff pans out.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    The house was starting to get out of control again, so I took action yesterday. I cleared 1/2 the counters in the kitchen of their clutter (kids papers, little scraps of paper trash, cookbooks, etc) and swept the kitchen floor. I got all the dishes washed and the stuff in the drainer that I'd handwashed put away. I got the kids to pick up their stuff in the living room and vacuumed the floor. Tonight I think I'll work on the dining room. I have 4 or 5 baskets of laundry stacked in the dining room. Before you cringe, the clothes are folded - just not put away. I want to tackle that tonight. Yesterday I cleared the kids' dresser drawers and closets of any clothes they don't wear or don't fit - now I can fill it up with clothes that fit and get worn so I can take a better inventory of what they need. I know Brady needs shorts. We usually recycle at least one pair a week after closely inspecting it to ensure it's not filthy (hey, I don't wash my jeans every time I wear them, or my work pants - as long as there's no visible dirt on them, I rewear them. No reason my kid can't do the same). All the laundry is washed and dried with the exception of the sheets on Makenna's bed which I had to wash this morning b/c she'd peed the bed... *sigh* They're in the washer waiting patiently for someone to toss them in the dryer.

Tonight, like I said, I want to put those clothes away and finish folding whatever might remain (very little), clear the clutter off the sideboard in the dining room, take the card table and chairs back to MIL's house, then sweep the floor. Once I have all that done and two kids in bed, I will probably mop the floors.

Then I will feel like the house is back under control again.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

I figure as long as do a couple things every day - I will stay in pretty good shape............ that being said, I have no kids at home, and now only one cat to feed and clean up after. The house is staying amazingly clean and organized these days!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Jimmus Prime is offline Senior Member
    I can completely get that. I had friends over for 2 days! Only 2 days, and of that 2 days, we spent probably about 24 hours not at the house and they STILL messed it up. A bit. It's fixable haha. But still, not having people around, when they got there, they asked if I had just cleaned it for them or hired someone to (I have a bad habit of hiring cleaners... Waste of money), but truth be told I hadn't! I had just maintained it for the past month and it was super easy...

Laundry is still a pain to me for some reason. It's so easy, but I just HATE it. I would cook, clean EVERYTHING else, do all the yard work, and watch the kids for my wife while working a full time job... Just to not have to do laundry (naturally this is a hypothetical situation, as the wife and kids are also hypotheticals).

Anyways, yeah... Ugh... Stupid friends messin' up my HOME!
    Please feel free to follow my journal, unless you're seeing this link IN my journal... That's quite the paradox! I promise to keep my content up to date, honest, and hopefully mildly entertaining.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread107788.html

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Way to go on the cleaning Jenn. The influx of in-laws helped me get my house under control.

I folded the laundry last night and decluttered the sideboard, but that's about it. I did some folder stuffing for Thirty-One as I have a party this weekend. I also spent a little bit of time out in the garden where I discovered about 10 volunteer tomato plants. I must remember that even if the produce is bad/eaten on by bugs/not needed, I need to remove it from the garden so as not to have so many volunteers. I need to compost it instead.

So very tired today. Some crazy storms blew through the area last night. Took a few trees with it. It knocked out our power about 3:30, which is what woke us up, and kept us awake until after 4 - probably closer to 4:30. There are a lot of downed trees in our town. The sirens never went off, but after the storm blew through, the next counties reported a tornado warning. Should we have had a tornado warning? Probably. They've set the sirens off for storms that barely blow leaves off the trees but didn't set them off for a storm that uprootted trees. SIL's house has an uprooted tree and a damaged chainlink fence as a result. They kids were having a hayday climbing on the fallen tree this morning. FIL took the day off to clean it up. I feel like I should be at home helping neighbors clean up. The north side of town is a mess of fallen trees and limbs. Funny thing is, to me, anyway, is that I didn't freak out and rush the kids to the basement. Quite honestly, a tornado never crossed my mind since the sirens didn't go off. I mean, it was windy as sin at our house, but it didn't seem all that terrible. We had one fallen limb and Brady's basketball hoop fell over - luckily, it didn't land on my car! So, I'm tired today...

A friend (the one I sometimes feel like I don't belong around) called last night to see if we were camping this weekend. I talked to Brad and he was interested, so I guess we're camping. I'm really struggling with getting back on board with the 21DSD, so I think I'll wait until after we're doing camping this weekend. I know there won't be many compliant foods to choose from while camping. I can get away with 90% primal/paleo, but not 21DSD... I could even get another 2 weeks in before our week long camping trip, if I wanted. Or I may wait until after the camping trip and do a Whole30. I will pose the idea to Brad.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Why not just do the 21DSD when you can, and deviate when it's too inconvenient? It will probably help more than waiting to start again. It also might help set in mind that your everyday diet CAN allow for deviations, but sticking to the diet most of the time is better for you all around.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

That's kind of what I plan to do, I just didn't vocalize it. It's very hard to say you're going to do something, much less commit, when you're as tired as I feel today - so I didn't say anything for fear of not sticking to it. I just want to grab some change and head to the vending machine... if the cafeteria took cash, I'd go upstairs and get some veggies to munch on. It's nearly lunch time. Maybe the gym will help wake me up.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I hear ya, Jenn! No crazy storms here - but between my shoulder pain, hubby's snoring and the cat trying to sleep on my face - I haven't had a good nights sleep in 6 months! And when I'm tired eating right and exercising are the farthest things from my mind!

Like right now.......... I want to go make some pancakes ..........but I'm thawing out chicken instead. UGH!

I have some very thin friends who can eat anything they want and not gain an ounce.......... this morning I really hate that about them!!! Especially since for no obvious reason my scale screamed 190 at me again this morning! A few cookies over the weekend and I gain 3 pounds!!! Maybe we should follow Sabine and do a 3 day fast?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Refined sugars
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter