Page 571 of 593 FirstFirst ... 71471521561569570571572573581 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,710 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 571

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I total get what you're saying. I've felt that way pretty much entire life. I'm really good one on one...... but bring in a 3rd person and the dynamics get all weird for me. I get really jealous, have a pity party - the whole thing. I've had "friends" who would forget to pick me up for things.......... or say they would come over and then never show up. That's not a real friend, and someone I'd rather not hang around with.

It isn't very nice of them excluding you........... if it were me, I'd find new friends to hang out with. Hope that doesn't sound too harsh - but if the relationship isn't close to 50/50 then its not worth it. Stop calling and see what happens.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Beth249 is offline Member
    I'm new at this too. There is an element of roller coasterdom (is that even a word) as we come off sugar and grains....it may last longer than a couple of days. Mine has. Every time
    I sneak a little sugar it's worse. I agree with the Whole 30, my efforts can't be diluted at the beginning. Just hold on, it's worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Just got a call for a job interview next week. It's for the budget analyst position. *fingers crossed*
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    here's hoping!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I total get what you're saying. I've felt that way pretty much entire life. I'm really good one on one...... but bring in a 3rd person and the dynamics get all weird for me. I get really jealous, have a pity party - the whole thing. I've had "friends" who would forget to pick me up for things.......... or say they would come over and then never show up. That's not a real friend, and someone I'd rather not hang around with.

It isn't very nice of them excluding you........... if it were me, I'd find new friends to hang out with. Hope that doesn't sound too harsh - but if the relationship isn't close to 50/50 then its not worth it. Stop calling and see what happens.
    Tomi, you're absolutely right, but it's impossible to avoid them. One is the future spouse of a pit crew member and the other is family.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    well, that makes it tough. Maybe when you're with them you could think of them as sorta just acquaintances....... you know, with no expectations for a real friendship.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Things I choose to let go:

All grains - including rice
    Refined sugars
    Legumes - including peanut butter
    Nuts and nut butters
    Alcohol and soda
    Chocolate
    Acidic foods, such as pineapple and tomato
    Coffee and tea
    Eggs
    Curry
    White potato
    Dairy - including butter

I'm choosing to do this......... I don't HAVE to.

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

I fell off the wagon this weekend. Went to a graduation party and broke my detox with potato salad and barbecue pork. Then they passed out cake and I chose to have some. Holy balls my stomach was SO upset after that. Sour sour sour! All that sugar nearly killed me. And then yesterday my gut was in turmoil... Back at it today.

Headed to the gym at lunch today. I need to get back to regular movement. I know it'll make me feel better both mentally and physically.

I realized last night that this Thirty-One thing is getting CRAZY! I initially made a plan to do 2 parties per month and right now I have SIX scheduled for June. 2 in-home parties (one is already past) and 4 catalog parties. Holy crap! On Friday, a gal approached me at the track and said she'd like to have a book party. Then a gal I'd sent a catalog to (at her request) asked if she could have a book party too. Then I have a vendor fair (which I'm treating as a book party) and I have the Summer Six Pack thing going right now too - with more than 6 people saying they're interested. I'm trying to determine how I can do it with more than 6 people... All in all, this month's Thirty-One activities has the potential to bring in $900 extra for us this month... this is huge and way more than I ever expected!

In any event, I'm busy! So glad Brady's got only one day of ball games this week! He's got a double header on Thursday. Should make for a really tired young boy.

He started College for Kids today. He's taking Mudworks - a building and fabricating class, Science Rocks - a class about the sciences (chemistry, physics, natural sciences), and (I think it's called) Environmental Explorers - a class that will have him outside examining bugs and other life forms. I'm really excited for him. I think he'll love it.

Busy weekend but didn't get nearly as much stuff done as I would have liked. Brad worked on Saturday, then we went to the graduation party Saturday evening. Sunday morning was Father's Day stuff, then groceries, then laundry, housework, meal prep, etc, etc, etc. I could have really used a nap yesterday. Today I'm really tired, but I think I'll survive.

I have a job interview on Thursday for a Budget Analyst position. It would be an immediate promotion to GS-09 (likely at the same pay I'm getting now as part of the temporary promotion I'm currently on), with promotion to GS-11 in a year or two. The first year would be spent getting trained up and familiar with the job, laws, etc. My fingers are definitely crossed for this one!

My Monday started out rough. I hope everyone else's has been smooth and easy.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 06-16-2014 at 10:59 AM.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Good luck on Thursday!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Jimmus Prime is offline Senior Member
    I hope everything goes well for you on Thursday! Fingers are definitely crossed!

Best of luck being back on track as well. Stick with it! .
    Please feel free to follow my journal, unless you're seeing this link IN my journal... That's quite the paradox! I promise to keep my content up to date, honest, and hopefully mildly entertaining.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread107788.html

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks guys.