Page 570 of 579 FirstFirst ... 70470520560568569570571572 ... LastLast
Results 5,691 to 5,700 of 5788

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 570

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Shop Now
    Is Brad doing some kind of Whole30 thing or DSD with you? How's he doing with it?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    He's not. He's cutting back on a lot of things (soda for instance) and eating what I'm making for dinner (I don't have to make anything special for him, for instance), but he's not going whole hog with anything.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

[soapbox]

I'm really quite disheartened by the lack of openmindedness of people I fully expected to be more openminded. Not all disorders are strictly genetic. While genetics predisposes people to certain illnesses, environmental factors encourage those traits to present themselves. I mean, consider cancer... We're not BORN with cancer in most cases... in most cases, environmental triggers change cellular DNA and causes mutations and malfunctions within the cells, creating tumors...

Some conditions are biological and there's absolutely no getting away from those... but others legitimately have environmental triggers. I've seen the reversal with my own eyes. I wish more people could see past their own experiences and realize that not all things are permanent, most things are treatable, and reversible. I guess most people have to see to believe... I'm glad I saw.

Many of the examples of recovery I refer to are here. Others I've seen on Facebook. Others I've seen in person. I fully believe that we can treat most illnesses by limiting or fully removing environmental triggers. In a world where we're injected with chemicals, fed chemicals and forced to breathe in chemicals, it's absolutely no freaking surprise to me that so many people have so many illnesses.

It seems to me that most people are content to just throw in the towel and accept the crappy hand they've been dealt instead of refusing to accept "the norm" and finding another way to combat the problem. It makes me sad that we don't have more fighters in the world, and more people who are willing to support the fighters by encouraging, learning and providing; more people who are willing to question what they've always believed and willing to seek alternative truths that could be abosolute truths they hadn't discovered yet.

Parasitic invasion, heavy metal toxicity, chemical toxicity... all things contribute to our overall health and become many different illnesses and produce many different disabilities. It makes me genuinely sad when people, especially people here who have already sought out an alternative method to health (alternative to the norm, that is), aren't willing to see other possibilities than current truths. Things aren't always what they seem and they most certainly aren't always permanent.

[/soapbox]
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 06-11-2014 at 01:32 PM.

I've been kind of making all kinds of excuses lately and it's time to stop. I haven't done much of anything related to fitness in 1 day shy of 2 months. That's pretty pathetic, even for me. (Thank you, Marathon, for the total burn out.) I was *going* to start lifting again last week, but then I had a catfish stab me in the hand and completely ruin my grip for an entire week (that area still hurts like the little bastard stabbed through a tendon or something, but my grip is back). Then I was going to start this week, but I was sick on Monday, forgot on Tuesday (b/c it's been so long I'm out of my routine and forgot my gym clothes), and yesterday I had to use my lunch hour for other things. All excuses. No more. No more excuses. I'm updating my Strength Standards profile today, printing out the plan and getting back to it. My diet is back under control now so there's nothing else holding me back from striving to be my best except for me. It's time.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    You go, girl!!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Jimmus Prime is offline Senior Member
    When you started this journal, naturally your biggest noted issue was sugar. And now you're noting it's exercise. I like that you're putting a plan together. Stick to it, but allow some flexibility and aim for short term goals. I'm doing that and it's working out great so far (not any superman results or anything, but I'm hitting my personal goals (daily, hopefully weekly), and that gives me all the conviction I need to keep going!

I have faith. You're going to do great!

Cheers,
    - Jim
    Please feel free to follow my journal, unless you're seeing this link IN my journal... That's quite the paradox! I promise to keep my content up to date, honest, and hopefully mildly entertaining.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread107788.html

I don't think that's an accurate assessment, actually. I've always had a problem with sugar. Always. For as long as I can remember, I've had trouble eating sugar in moderation. Exercise, however, has always happened, except recently. The marathon I ran in April burned me out something fierce. Once it was done, I was done. It destroyed my sleep. By destroying my sleep, it destroyed my mood and my determination. This resulted in a poor diet and me not caring enough to go to the gym. Now I've fallen out of the habit of going.

I'm 11 days into my 21 Day Sugar Detox and I'm feeling better physically and mentally and I'm ready to get back to it. In a very short while, I'll be back in the groove and doing fine. But sugar will always be a problem.

I do have a plan and I plan to work it with all I've got. Thanks for the cheers.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Book sent!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    I wish people would stop doing marathons lol

Thanks, Naiad. I appreciate it.

Today is Day 12 of the 21DSD. I was really wanting some fruit last night. Restrained myself.

Tonight is race night. Kind of looking forward to it, with the exception of it being Friday the 13th and a full moon. Those two plus race night = really anxious wife. Life insurance doesn't pay out if my main squeeze were to be killed in the car (that said, the race car is 100x safer than the car he drives to work every day given the helmet, fire suit, 5 pt harness, hans device, head rests, roll cage and window net. The instances in which someone dies in a car is usually due to the lack of one of those pieces of safety equipment - all of which Brad owns and uses).

So, have you ever become friends with someone and started hanging out with them and then had a third person join the duo and then discovered the friend and the third person seem to do everything together and never invite you along? Yeah... that totally happened. The worst part is that when the friend started coming around, the third person was not interested in her at all - in fact, she seemed rather intimidated by her (after talking to the 3rd person this weekend, I've learned that she felt the same way about me - nearly hated me, I guess b/c she was intimidated or something) and didn't speak very highly of her, and now they're like best friends. They're doing a 5k together. They discussed doing it together last weekend when the 3 of us were all together and didn't ask me if I wanted to do it. They go to the water park together and shopping and dinner and to the zoo, etc, etc, etc, and I always learn about it on Facebook. I guess you could say I'm slightly jealous. I had thought friend was going to be maybe my newest closest friend (since the best friend title is already claimed) that I could do things with, but it seems not. I've asked her if she wants to do things and if she didn't have anything else going on, she'd go but recently she's always got something going on with the third person. I don't know if I feel cheated, ditched, hurt, jealous, angered, or inadequate, but the whole situation really bothers me. I don't know if I'm just being stupid or if my feelings are valid. And now when the three of us are together, I don't feel like I fit. Like a square peg trying to fit into a round hole. It makes me sad. It makes me feel self-conscious - like what am I doing wrong? What is wrong with me that doesn't work to allow me to fit in? Am I just being overly sensitive? I almost feel betrayed, to be honest. Being around them individually is fine. Being around them both at the same time puts me in a negative place. I don't like that negative place. It's the same negative place I find myself in when I'm with MIL and SIL together - like I don't belong. Like I'm trying to assimilate into a situation where I have no business being. Maybe I'm just not supposed to have a best friend. Maybe it's not in my cards. Maybe I just need to keep looking. In any event, I have to be around these two (together) frequently b/c we're all entertwined b/c of racing and Brad, and I always dread it. This is by no means Brad's fault, by the way, and he has no idea I feel like this. I haven't discussed it with him, although I have thought about it. I haven't b/c I suspect he'll tell me to stop being stupid and get over it. There's just nothing quite like feeling like being a third wheel - and a square one at that.