Page 569 of 593 FirstFirst ... 69469519559567568569570571579 ... LastLast
Results 5,681 to 5,690 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 569

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    There've been studies that show sugar has the same effect on the brain as heroine. It's no surprise to me at all that it's difficult to kick.

When I saw the psychiatrist in March for the VA, he suggested two books for me to check out.

The Cognitive Behavioral Workbook for Depression: A Step-by-Step Program: Dr. William J Knaus EdD, Albert Ellis PhD: 9781608823802: Amazon.com: Books
    Amazon.com: The Cognitive Behavioral Workbook for Anxiety: A Step-by-Step Program (9781572245723): William J. Knaus, Jon Carlson: Books

He focused more on the anxiety one, but I think anxiety and depression are equally troubling for me. The combo is $36. I have a $25 gift card awaiting use. I think I'll use it for these, but I still have to wait a few days til we have some extra cash floating around.

Car refinance is going well. Car payment will go down $55 a month. That money will go toward paying down credit cards. Brad and I have a specific plan in mind for the next 6-8 months. I'm hoping we can stick to it.

Day 4 of the 21DSD is definitely easier than day 2 was, even better than day 3, even though day 3 was pretty easy.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I have a workbook for anxiety that I've never really made it through. The first time I tried, I didn't really do the exercises. I think I am more cognizant of my mental states now that I could actually make some progress. I think I'll check it out this week and see what kind of exercises it has. I wonder if a depression one would be helpful for Hulky (but I am not sure he'd do it/stick with it).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

I think ketosis is in full effect... peeing like CRAZY and my breath is retched... Not tracking calories or carbs right now as I just want to get through the sugar withdrawals before I stress or focus on anything else. Been having a lot of trouble keeping calories in check so I'll just focus on what I'm eating, not how much.

But man, this breath!!!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    buy some peppermint and chew on it?? Good for you for sticking with it! Yeah!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Maybe, Tomi. Thanks for the suggestion.

Day 5. Down 5 total pounds in 4 complete days.

Brad is not enjoying his first couple of days. He delayed his start since he was traveling for work the last few days. I assured him that day 2 is the worst and once he makes it past day 2, he'll be fine. I don't think he trusts that. And I don't think he really wants to do this. He's being very disgruntled about it. Last night at Brady's game he was complaining that we have a freezer full of popsicles and he can't have them. Then when Makenna had some popcorn and offered it to Brad, he was like "nope. Mom says no". Of course, MIL chimed in about how not being able to have popcorn is a deal breaker. Well, then, it's a good thing I'm not bringing you along, then, huh? I simply responded to Brad that he'll be thanking me when it's over like he did with the Whole30 he was less than enthusiastic about. That ended the conversation. After that he was a little less "defiant juvenile" about it. Not sure how he's doing today. Today is day 2 and I'm scared to check. He's left to his own devices today b/c he's off work this afternoon. He missed breakfast b/c he was busy at work and couldn't take a break to eat, and then he was held late for the same maintenance (supposed to get off at 10) so he didn't take any lunch with him. I just texted him to see how it's going and he said not worth a shit b/c there's no food in the house... which is COMPLETELY untrue! There's a metric ton of meat and veggies in the freezer. He just needs to stop being so afraid (lazy??) to cook something. He says he doesn't have time to thaw something out and not every meal can be an hour long process.. Whatever... he frustrates me sometimes. I don't know that he'll last the weekend... One of these days he'll reach his breaking point and get it together.

Anyhow, I'm on Day 5 and I'm feeling great. Pretty positive I've reached ketosis based on how I'm feeling. Alert, energetic, positive, peeing a LOT (but less today), super thirsty (assume this is a side effect of detoxing?).

SIL is doing a low carb stint too - but she's doing the Atkins version... BIL too. I'll stick with the paleo version, thanks.

My goals are to break the sugar cycle and get my head in a good place. The weight loss is important too, and a priority as well, but I think first and foremost is breaking that sugar cycle so the head gets into a better place. In the meantime, I'll continue to take the 5-htp (200 mg per night) and see how I do. When do I know to stop taking that again? When I'm cranky in the morning? Right? I can't remember.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Hope the weekend went well and you and Brad are still hanging in there on the SD!

Weekends are always the hardest................
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I have the depression CBT book if you want it. I found other ways to deal with mine. Just let me know thw address and I'll ship it off.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Back at work today. Realized I completely forgot to do something on Friday that is a part of my new job... I was suppose to update the Powerpoint slides for the briefing with the COL and completely spaced it. Lucky for me, none of the info had changed, so it worked out. I made a reminder on Outlook to keep me on top of that... That could have been bad...

I have no idea what triggered my headache or why I felt the need to sleep from 8 am to 3 pm, but I did and it totally affected my ability to sleep last night. Fitbit says I got roughly 2 hours of quality sleep. I'd believe it. I felt like I was on the cusp of consciousness all night long, until Brad's alarm went off at 4... then I finally fell asleep.

Had my first in-home Thirty-One party on Saturday. Only two people besides the hostess showed up. Those two guests bought something, but not enough for it to qualify as a party so the hostess is taking the catalog and order forms to her sister's graduation party to collect more orders. I've also got something going on called a Summer Six Pack where 6 people collect $100 in orders and each one earns a prize for doing so. The best prize offered is 1/2 off anything in the catalog, which could garner them some high dollar items for very little money (our most expensive item is $80). Three people will get a $31 credit, 2 people will get a half priced item and one person will get a popular item for free ($50 value). I'm excited b/c I already have one person who's fulfilled the $100 requirement. I have one who is certain she can get $200. I have a few people who say they're interested in participating, but only one who has actually done it thus far. If I can't get all six, it won't work.

Got a commission check today. YAY! Another $100 in my pocket for literally doing nothing. I submitted a party that I did zero work on and someone else submitted an order that I totally wasn't expecting b/c she and I hadn't talked about any pending orders. So, YAY! $100 for doing nothing! LOVE IT! With this check, I'll be buying a couple of bags from a gal who is moving and wishes to pare down her inventory (she has multiples of many items) and some office supplies. And maybe a tank of gas for my car. The next check, which is usually higher in value, will go toward debt. I have two parties and a vendor show that will go on that check, so it should be a nice one.

I finally weighed in. 7.8 lbs lost in my first 7 days of 21DSD.

And Naiad, I commented on your post yesterday but it apparently didn't stick. I will message you my address. Thanks so much for the offer!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Got the PM. I'll try to ship out the book this week.
    Congrats on the 31 stuff. I'm currently exploring the catalog to see what I want; I may order something.
    Sorry about the headache, I know that kind all too well. For me, they're usually migraines when they do that. They screw me and my sleep up but good.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Cool, Naiad! Let me know if you have any questions about anything.

Feeling lethargic and blah today. I think the weather might be to blame. Cloudy and rainy. It looks like it wants to break up, but the forecast says it'll remain cloudy today, and then it's suppose to clear up tonight, only to cloud back over and storm tomorrow. I'm hoping to sneak out for a short walk today. I have an order to deliver to a girl who works on the Island today (I used to work with her wife). I hope it's not raining when we head out.

Day 10 of the 21 Day Sugar Detox. Still going pretty strong. I think I need to start tracking my macros. I suspect I'm blowing my carb goal out of the water with all the raw veggies I've been eating.

The new job is keeping me busy. We're in the process of filling 9 vacancies and there is so much leg work with that. The position description has to be determined and evaluation rating criteria needs to be written, then we have to submit both to HR, who puts the listing out for announcement, then comes the process of rating resumes for interviews. We're STILL working on position descriptions! Seven of them are set, but there are two that don't have descriptions yet. They USED to, but since our mission has changed and our rank structure has changed in an effort to safe the government money (all vacant positions were dropped a rank, so duties have to be adjusted to fit the pay), everything had to be rewritten. It's been time consuming, that's for sure. I think I'm FINALLY starting to get the hang of it and once I fully grasp it all, I think I'll do well with it.

I'm hungry. I think I shall eat now. I hope everyone's having a good Wednesday.