Page 568 of 593 FirstFirst ... 68468518558566567568569570578 ... LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,680 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 568

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    OMG That gave me chills. EEEk

Good Luck on the 21 day sugar detox.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    wow - what a weekend! Hope your hand heals quickly.

Yeah for the sugar detox - and Brad joining you! People have been kidding hubby about his "gut" lately - I'm hoping he will start to do something about it. SOON.

I to am up 10 pounds from where I was just 6 weeks ago. Time to get serious.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Brad's dad made a comment about Brad's weight the other day. I don't remember particulars, but he specifically said "if you'd lose 100 lbs" this and this would happen. They were talking about racing. I could tell Brad was offended, but he agreed and mentioned that we were starting this week. His dad told him that they could work on improvements together b/c he is also going to quit chewing this week, I guess. Brad's response was "Do you really want two assholes in the garage at once?" with a laugh. But he's right. They'll both be assholes for a while... Hopefully they can be friendly with each other.

I have some people on FB who are clamoring that I need a tetanus shot as a result of my puncture wound... WebMD lists three types of people who need a tetanus shot - those who have never had it, those who have recently recovered from a tetanus illness (um, why? they should already have plenty of tetanus antibodies thanks to the infection - let's further stress an already stressed system...), and those who have not had a booster in the last 10 years. My last booster was in January 2007, only 7 years ago. I will be watching for infection anyway and if I notice any signs of infection, I'll see my doctor and let her decide what I need to do. Brady recently cut his finger and I had to take him to the ER to have it looked at when it got infected. It turns out it was a staph infection (not a serious one) but when I asked about a tetanus shot, the said he didn't need one b/c he'd had one within the last 10 years. So, I'm going off that for now. Right now, I'm monitoring the redness from the inflammation, which seems to be expanding (or I just didn't notice it yesterday). I'm making marks on my hand to indicate size (they did this when I had a great deal of redness after my first c-section). My gut tells me I'll be ok, but my overly educated brain is freaking out about all the "what-ifs" that can occur.

I got my first briefing out of the way at work. It actually went pretty well. The boss didn't ask any tough questions so all I had to do was read my notes. Now I'm working on my first "impromptu" data pull for him to share with the Commander, who will share that info with the General and his Deputy. It's in regard to vacancies and vacancy fills. yay... On that note... back to work.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Haha real primal eats for the dog! Sad though. My grandma's cat hunts bunnies of all sizes in the woods of Maine.

Vinegar is recommended for stings of most kinds. I wonder if it would help soothe/neutralize any venom? I'm sure soaking in some epsom salts would do it some good (bring blood to the site to help flush anything out). Google may be a good call before trying anything though
    Journal
    Current interests - CrossFit

I haven't found anything on Google that doesn't consist of standard catfish stings (minor prick and scratches of the skin). This was an actual impalement - like being stabbed by a knife.

Day 2 of the 21 Day Sugar Detox. Mild headache and a hypoglycemic feeling. Feel weird - like my head is buzzing.

Hand is feeling well, but Brad is being neurotic about it so I'm seeing the doctor for it later today. The swelling has gone down and the redness isn't as noticable, so I think it's fading. But, I'll go to the doctor... to ease his mind.

That's all I've got... peace!

Day 3 of 21 is under way. Day 2 was tough... I felt hypoglycemic and like my head was buzzing all day long. I wanted to eat. I wasn't hungry, but I wanted to eat anything and everything that came to mind. Thankfully I had some raw almonds to get me through. Today is going much better so far. I'm also busier at work so maybe that's why today feels easier, but it could also be because my brain is finally cooperating. The brain is still a little fuzzy, but it's getting sharper. And the water weight has started to depart as well.

Went to the doctor... given a tetanus shot (even though my last one is only 7 years old...) and amoxicillin (just in case). Not sure how I feel about this decision considering she specifically said there was no infection evident and that I likely wouldn't get tetanus from it... Swelling is 100% gone. Redness is 100% gone. Just the puncture wound remains and it's nicely scabbed over and doing fine. Pain is also gone. But I'll swallow these pills and keep massaging the soreness in my arm - all in the name of preventive medicine (and in the name of superbug and candida infection creation).

well - a little preventative medicine can go a long way.......... but I sure hope you don't have the ill effects. EAT YOGURT!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I saw a pic this morning posted by one of the people I admire most in the world that sparked something inside of me. It was a picture of said friend walking along the branch of a tree she'd just climbed, and she looked so happy and free - like she was having the time of her life. I want to live like that. I want to be free like that. I've let the depression and anxiety take over for so many years I don't know if I will ever be free, but I owe it to myself, my husband, my kids and what few friends I have left to try my hardest. People think depression and anxiety are just feelings, but they're wrong. Depression and anxiety are a prison - plain and simple. But I will break free.

bri tree.jpg

Feeling especially fragile today - must be TOM related? TOM started Monday, I think. (It's been a pretty mild one, so hormones are once again fluctuating...), but could also be related to the depression. Didn't take 5-htp last night, either, which could also be a factor. Could also be the sugar withdrawals talking...

Day 4 of the 21 Day Sugar Detox. Down 3 lbs. A pound a day? Sure, I'll take it.

Today I plan to get away from the desk for a walk over lunch. I think I need it. I need sunlight, Vitamin D, and fresh air. I've been stagnant for entirely too long. Next week, since my hand is finally starting to feel fine again - at this point it just itches like a son of a b*tch - I'll make my way to the gym for some heavy lifting. Next week will probably just be a find out where I'm at week, and the week following will start the actual training. I long so badly to get back to 166 when I was on the cusp of getting back into size 10 jeans. I've recently had to dig my 14's and 16's out of the give away pile...

I NEED to keep it together this time. If I don't want to be on medication or confined to this prison anymore, I have GOT to keep my head in the game and follow the straight and narrow path to curing myself of this retched disease.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Jenn - You can do this!!! I really believe, based on all your past writing in this journal, that diet has so much to do with your depression and anxiety. Especially sugar.

It should be so simple to avoid something we KNOW is going to have bad effects on our mind and body -- but it isn't always. It can be a real struggle. I totally understand.

3 pounds! woot woot!!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation