Page 560 of 585 FirstFirst ... 60460510550558559560561562570 ... LastLast
Results 5,591 to 5,600 of 5844

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 560

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    oh dear........... they should probably report that to the health department.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    But we don't know for sure and since it was a picnic of sorts, whatever company manufactured the meat will just blame it on poor handling anyway, which it very well could have been... Everyone is better now so it's all good again.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Closed my first party! It was only a $200 party, so it's not a big one, but I earned a commission so that's cool. I've also already received a sale for my party this weekend and a friend said she'll be ordering tomorrow, so YAY! There is great potential for my party this weekend to break $600, which will earn me free products (like a lot of free products) and a pretty nice check. *fingers crossed* I put a few supplies (like the consultant kit, summer add on kit, office supplies, etc) on the credit card, so first order of business is to repay those amounts. After that, the money I earn will go into a different checking account to be kept separate from our household budget. I'll set a bit aside for office supplies (new labels, new catalogs, etc), add-ons (to party orders to bump them to the next hostess level and to get additional bags to show, or even to buy something for myself), and fuel for my travels. After I get a good cushion, I'll be able to start giving myself a paycheck. I am so pumped!

So, I closed my first party and have already received two orders for the party I'm having on Sunday. I've already sold over $100 worth of bags for the party that hasn't even started yet!! This is so exciting.

In more Primal news... meh... I'm on and then off again. I do really well during the day and then I just kind of lax up in the evening. Tuesday night, Makenna wanted pizza for dinner, so we had pizza. Yesterday, I decided to eat some cookies. At least I didn't have any Dr. Pepper or Mt. Dew yesterday...

Yesterday afternoon we brought the camper home. The kids were SOOO excited! We won't be taking it out this weekend b/c we still need to get all the "housewares" for it - pillows, extra blankets, dishes, etc. I told Brad I wanted to camp for Mother's Day though, so we're making plans to go out next weekend. This weekend is too busy anyway with the party I'm hosting Sunday.

I need to talk to my grandma about getting a set of tea towels for it. My great-grandma used to embroider tea towels as a hobby and created quite the stockpile of them. She'd give a set to every newly married couple, but still had a bunch. My grandma inherited the stack and continues with the tradition of giving them to newlyweds. She recently gave me a second set for Christmas when I requested some new ones. I think she'll be happy if I ask for a set for the camper. I am so excited to also stock up on Thirty-One bags for the camper. There are quite a few that would work perfectly for transporting items back and forth - clothes, food, etc. Thirty-One offers the one bag I want for $10 in June, so I will probably wait til then to order them.

I hope all is well with everyone. I've been reading but not commenting much. Kind of caught up in my own stuff right now.

I might be taking 4 hours off today. Brad's not racing tonight (too much rain this week) and his dad doesn't want to race tomorrow night (has to work at 4 am on Sunday) so now Brad wants to go camping which means I need to get stuff done TO-DAY! Like grocery shopping, picking up the house and getting it presentable again, packing the camper. There's nothing quite like spontaneity!

we don't have ANY supplies in the camper yet, so we'll take pillows and blankets from home. I've got a hodge podge of paper plates and paper cups, plastic silverware and such at home that we can snatch up and stuff in the camper. I have extra rolls of paper towels, so we'll have napkins. If I go grocery shopping now, I can get all the food we'd need and we can grab some snacky stuff from home (like the half bag of pretzel sticks we have in the pantry, etc - Brad wants all the junk food gone by Sunday night anyway). Pack some clothes for the kids, and load up!

If I get most of my cleaning/picking up done today, all I have to do Sunday morning is vaccuum, sweep and take out the trash.

Spontaneity makes me anxious!!! Holy yikes!!

First weekend camping was SO FUN! We have big plans for next weekend. There's a playground at the campground we went to with four camping spurs around it. It's kind of on it's own little offshoot of the campground. We just happen to have FOUR campers coming out next weekend, so we'll be occupying that section of the campground. The campground is first come/first served, so we will be taking the campers out Wednesday to secure our spots. Wednesday nights are free camping nights, so we'll pay for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights, but only stay Friday and Saturday nights. Our group will occupy those 4 spurs and our families can play all weekend long. We'll be able to hang out by our fires while the kids play on the playground. It's going to be perfect and I can't freaking wait!

The kids really enjoyed it. Brady put about a million miles on his bike. Makenna FINALLY started riding hers - before she'd want us to push her and she'd just sit on it. She knew how to ride, she just wouldn't ride her new bike. Now she rides it.

SIL and nephew came out on Saturday so we took a walk and they played on all the playgrounds (there are three at this campground). That was tiring but fun. I could really feel my horrible diet during that event.

Speaking of diet - meals were Primal, snacks were not. Drinks were not - I drank a lot of pop. In fact, I woke up Sunday with a hangover and I only had a single Straw-beer-ita (8 oz drink). I needed more non-soda fluids apparently.

It was quite windy this weekend - hopefully it's not so windy next weekend.

Had my Thirty-One Kick-Off Open House. It did well. Not as well as I had hoped, but well enough to be considered a success. I'm still looking for more orders though. I have a goal I'd like to reach and I'm actually quite close to it. It would only take about 4 or 5 more customers with average orders to help me reach it. Everyone that came was amazed by what Thirty-One has to offer and was more than happy to purchase a product. EVERYONE took advantage of the half off Customer Specials. EVERYONE. It just so happens the customer special this month is my FAVORITE bag, so it was easy to talk it up and no one needed persuaded. I would be happy to speak with anyone here off-site about a bag if anyone has any questions about them. But we'll have to talk off-site if you're interested so that I don't get in trouble for selling stuff here...

Anyhow, I'm going to go drop a couple of catalogs off in the break rooms here. Have a great day, everyone.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the sales. Glad you had an awesome camping trip.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    The weekend camping trip sounds wonderful - I have a feeling this camper purchase is going to be one of the best purchases you've made as a family!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

It has already been decided that it is.

Ugh, I feel like crap, ladies (and gents). Bloated bloated bloated...

but I have some good news to report. (male-type readers, look away) TOM started yesterday and it's not anywhere NEAR as painful as it had been the two months prior - like minor cramps and none of the spasms. I can still tell the uterus is trying to forcefully expell it's contents (like it does during childbirth) but it's not as painful as of late and it seems less aggressive. The flow is still on the heavy side, but not on the gushing side, so it's at least manageable and isn't creating any urgent situations. Seems there's a cycle to my cycle... lol

Back to bloated... I have been eating pretty poorly since the week prior to my marathon. I blame nerves for the pre-marathon binging. I blame lack of discipline for the post-marathon binging that hasn't stopped. I'm up to 190 lbs again - 24 lbs higher than I was last summer. I'm NOT happy about this. It seems right now I'm kind of walking along side the wagon rather than ON the wagon... my meals are primal, but my evening and nighttime snacks are far from it. I guess this might qualify as 80/20 or 75/25, but that's not the equation that works best for me. I need closer to 100% to feel my best.

So I need to work out a plan. And I think part of that plan will be getting the Easter candy out of the house (or at least hiding it). It's currently sitting out on the counters in easy reach. I stuffed myself full of cereal last night after dinner, so I should finally have that off my list of "must have binge items" and can maybe move on.

I need to look at the calendar and determine when I'm going to go grocery shopping so we can go camping this weekend. Maybe Wednesday night?

I booked another vendor fair - so that makes two that I have this summer. I'm signed up to do one in June and one in July. I'd like to sell another $130 for my current party to reach my goal, but it's not required. It'd be easy to reach if I had the people to do it. I have the potential for 2-4 more orders, but the customers seem rather non-commital and I don't want to pressure too much. I think another one of the consultants is planning to get one of the customer specials (a discounted item that a customer can get if they spend a certain amount) so she has it for her future shows, which will bring me down to only needing $100 in sales to reach my goal - which is easily done. Hopefully one of those 2-4 people will surprise me. Reaching that goal would get me $300 in commission. Which reminds me... the party closes tomorrow so I better get to figuring out what I want to get with my hostess rewards. I have a LOT of rewards coming to me thanks to a high grossing party.

My sister has decided to join Jamberry too. She told me on Sunday. She's going to sign up with me as her sponsor. If she can get the hang of applying the nails, she'll be at the vendor fair with me in July. That should bring in quite a few customers for her. Since I'm not actively marketing that business, there won't be that competition factor to deal with. And our area is large enough and has enough people unfamiliar with Jamberry that she could be very busy very soon for a very long time. I just hope she has the patience and professionalism needed to make it work. She gets frustrated more easily than I do and gives up - so if she's struggling to get the shields to apply and stick properly, I don't foresee her working very hard to find a solution to the problem. So it could be a short-lived venture for her. I hope it's not, because nails are kind of her thing, but unless she grows a lot as an adult, I don't know if it'll work. She also has quite the potty-mouth - it offends even ME and I'm prior service Army... so hopefully she'll be mindful of that and retain some professionalism when it's warranted.

ANYHOW... Things are going well as long as you don't consider my diet... lol