Page 537 of 584 FirstFirst ... 37437487527535536537538539547 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,370 of 5832

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 537

margalott is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I just got caught up, I hate that you're having trouble with your child but I was put on medication at a pretty young age for depression and it was the best thing for me IMO! So grateful to my parents for that.

Hang in there!

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the support everyone. I know we'll make it through to the other side.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Oh, forgot to say that Brad is on board with me becoming a ThirtyOne Gifts consultant. We're planning to start with two parties a month on Thursdays/Sundays to see how it works out. If we find it doesn't take a whole lot of time away from the family, we'll add more parties. I am hopeful that this will help us get closer to our goals more quickly.

If everything works well with that, I'll add another brand - Initial Outfitters. We don't have Initial Outfitters around us, so if I pounce on that at the right time, I could blaze a new trail in our region. *fingers crossed*

My goal presently is to make enough to pay my car payment each month, which is a lofty goal, but not at all unobtainable. The gal who will be coaching me made $600 this month which is WELL over my car payment. She also only does 2-3 parties a month. Making enough to pay my car payment will allow us to snowball a little harder on a small loan we have remaining (the one we dropped our tax refund on).

That is my ultimate goal with all this - bring in a little bit extra money each month to hurry our debt elimination so we can experience freedom more quickly. Dave Ramsey would approve.

We discussed how we're going to pay for the $99 start-up fee (which gets me $350 worth of bags to showcase at my first party). We had two options - save up over a period of weeks or use the credit card. We have decided to save up and wait it out a bit b/c in talking to one consultant (a director, actually - who makes $1,000 - $2,000 a month hosting 6 parties) I learned the summer prints will be available in the start-up kit in a couple of weeks, which she said will benefit me more than buying the spring kit at the end of the season (people will want summer bags/prints not spring bags/prints).

I'm kind of excited by this. I'm looking forward to bringing in a bit of extra money for the family. We have a lot of expenses coming up in the next few months and I want to be able to afford them. Kids will need summer clothes, our HSA will run out so we'll be paying for Brad's new sleep machine out of pocket (and Brady's medication), our property taxes are going to go up to pay for the curb and gutter on our street so they can finally PAVE our street (after 7 freaking years in the house!!), and our taxes will go up again to help pay for the new school. We need to make headway on these debts to free up our money or we're going to find ourselves in a world of hurt over the next year. And since the government is broke and can't pay me overtime, this is the next best thing to finding a second job... I am hopeful that it will help reduce some stress we feel.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I'm curious, how do you actually arrange the parties? I don't think I know enough people to ever be able to do one of those product parties, and definitely not enough that would be interested in any one thing.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

As a consultant, I would contact someone to have a party... for example, you. You would invite your friends and family to come see the product demonstrations and potentially buy products. You would get bonuses as a hostess (discounted products, free stuff, etc) based on the dollar value of sales acquired during your party. For instance, if your hostess bonus was 10% for that party and your guests bought $700 worth of stuff, you'd get a $70 credit, plus a special hostess exclusive bag (changes each month), plus discounted pricing on bags ($100 bag for $25, for instance). During the party, I would explain those bonuses to your guests. I would tell them how much stuff they could get and how little it would cost them. This would then entice them to have a party of their own (and you would get an additional bonus for getting people to book a party while at your party - like say, your pick between three bags for free if two people book parties). I would then go to their house on the date of their party and do the same thing, creating a web of clients - mostly of people I did not know prior to the first party.

My first party will be at my house. I will invite people to attend. I would serve as hostess and consultant, so I will get the commission for anything purchased, PLUS the hostess benefits, which will allow me to expand the product line I take to parties to show off. It's called a "Kick Off Party".

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    As a veteran consultant/director for umpteen different companies & now retired...I wish you the best of success!!! One thing to always remember...want to make more money? Book more parties! And carry a really cute bag or tote everywhere! With brochures in it of course so you are always ready to encourage someone to have a party so they can earn a discount or get it for free....however it works, when they comment on how cute your bag/tote is.

Good luck & have fun!!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I thought for a little while in college about being an Athena home novelty goddess (NSFW). They sell sex toys . I don't think any of my friends would be interested in buying stuff though so I'd have no idea how to network this. I don't really have the drive to make that kind of thing work, but it sounds like you do .

I actually know that one of my co-workers is a "goddess" through this company, but I've never spoken to her about it.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I don't plan to make a career out of it... just use it as a secondary means of income - like working part time at a gas station or whatnot.

Since I'm not weighing this month, I spent some time examining myself in the mirror this morning. I am noticing some pretty nice shape changes after 16 days of Whole30 and reintroducing weights. I'm pretty excited about them. My jeans fit nicely again. I've started using a new hole on the belt (well, not new, more like I'm now re-using a hole on the belt I was using before the stupid holiday season feeding frenzy), and my QCM racing shirt is looking rather flattering today (I love this shirt!). My hubby can't get over my shape (he likes the curve at the small of my back and has been obsessing over it the last few days). I'm pretty sure I've dipped back into the 170s and can't wait to confirm it!

I left my phone at home this morning by accident and knew I would need it at the gym to sign in to Pact and meet my contractual requirements, so as soon as I got to the office this morning, I called Brad to see if he'd bring it to me (he had plans to come to Davenport and would be driving right by the Island anyway). Normally, he'd bitch and moan and make it seem like it was a HUGE deal to bring it to me and tell me to just live without it for the day...

But something really changed when we had our talk the other night. When I called him, his response was "I already left a message on Facebook to you that I was going to bring it to you." That is INCREDIBLE guys! Seriously INCREDIBLE!

The best part is that b/c of some maintenance they're doing on the roads around the post, he ended up taking a SERIOUS detour that tacked probably 5 miles onto his trip to the Island (the two west gates are closed so he had to go back across the river, drive to the other end of the island, and cross the river again, blah blah blah - seriously, a huge headache, if you ask me) and didn't even complain about it. He actually was laughing when he told me the story. He came inside the building and met my boss, checked out the office, and then met the XO. You guys have no idea how monumental this is. Normally, he'd be grumbling in the truck, refuse to come up, just hand me my phone and then leave.

I'm very impressed. It seems he's taking this whole "let's be nicer to each other" and this whole "let's act like your parents" thing seriously (his parents bend over backwards for each other - no hill is too steep, no river too wide kind of mentality - the way it should be). My heart swells.