Page 533 of 593 FirstFirst ... 33433483523531532533534535543583 ... LastLast
Results 5,321 to 5,330 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 533

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Wow that's tough Jenn. Could it be as simple as the sugar in his diet? Has he been tested for diabetes? Could it be an allergy to dairy? I think you will have to be a tough detective for him just like you've been for yourself. I agree with marcadav that medicating would personally be my absolute last resort (& even then the benefits would have to out way the risks)...after I investigated all the allergy things. You may not be able to control everything but you can certainly demand that those around him help you in safeguarding his health! What if he DID have diabetes...would his grandparents give him sugary treats knowing it could harm him? Same difference. There are plenty of paleo/primal parents out there that are raising kids on the paleo path. Would it be a challenge? Yup. Just like its a challenge for you to follow but you do it knowing it's the best for your health.

Then again could it just be a "phase" he's going thru? Maybe all that's needed is a little firm guidance...no video games etc until you improve your school work...something along that line.

Just my 2 cents...which is worth exactly that!
    Last edited by theprimalcajun; 03-09-2014 at 09:39 AM.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

tomi is offline Senior Member
    oh Jenn -- you're in tough place and I'm so sorry you're faced with this decision.

I know Brady is young - but have you talked with him about how food effects his behavior? Not the details or the stuff that he wouldn't understand - but the basics. "when you eat X it makes your brain go into overdrive and that's when you have trouble following the rules" ............ he might be more willing to work with you in making changes if he was made a part of the process. If you truly want to go the dietary route and avoid the meds -- then I think the whole family needs to be on the same diet. Its a horrible thing for a little guy to be watching others eat ice cream and he can't have any. You could at least control the environment at home that way. The rest would be up to the other adults in his life.

That being said............. you are his mother - and you have to make this decision based on what you know you and brady and the rest of the family can handle. You're a good mom and you'll do what is best.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

^ this too

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Thanks, guys.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Mother nature is kicking my ass today. Stayed home from work.

Oh no! Not you too! Coll is coming down with a bug too! Take good care of yourself & try to rest as much as you can.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Uh oh................... hope you feel better soon.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    good explanation of the gut. I never thought of it that way. I have psoriasis on my elbows that will not go away. I know it is an indication of problems inside, inflammation I suppose, so it makes sense that the skin is the last to be healed.

Yea for the move...good changes in your enviornment make a big difference.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

I didn't stay home because of a bug... mother nature, i.e. Russian Circus, had me sacked on the couch. Pretty rough day 1. Researching causes b/c this isn't the first time day 1 has been such torture.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oooooooooohhhhh My mistake!! It's been so long since I had to worry about that I forgot the terminology! lol. Hope you're feeling better.