Page 532 of 593 FirstFirst ... 32432482522530531532533534542582 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,320 of 5927

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 532

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I am sure the appointment will go well. *hugs* Maybe going to the gym after, regardless of how you feel, will be a good idea?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I suspect it'll be much like going to therapy. I suspect I'll be mentally exhausted afterward.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    thinking of you.............. *hugs*
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

That was rather sucky... nothing like rehashing 30 years of crap in 2 hours...

He was impressed that I brought myself back from such a deep and dark place. He told me to forgive myself for the thoughts I had during that time - explaining that I was suffering from an illness and those thoughts don't define who I am - just a moment in my history. He said I could help them no more than a patient with a knee condition could help the pain in their knee. He said he's impressed that I was strong enough to pull myself out and seek another way. He agreed that while I'm coping well, I am no where near "healed" and still have a significant illness to battle each day.

He didn't force me to talk about anything. All he was allowed to do was take notes, not make suggestions, prescribe drugs, offer treatment, etc. Simply required to ask questions and take notes. He was very easy to talk to, in any event, and I was able to disclose things about how I'd been feeling in the last five years that I've never even told Brad or my best friend - who knows things Brad doesn't know. I may have insulted him at one point when he asked about therapy and wanted to know what previous doctors offered. I told him they were all pill pushers - psychiatrists much like him. lol Oops.

It sounds like I have nothing to worry about in regard to the disability rating decreasing. I'm still messed up - just coping/treating it differently.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    I'm glad it went well - glad its over - and glad your disability isn't being decreased! Now you can put that behind you and move forward! Don't you still have a job application out there? Any news on an interview??
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I don't KNOW if my disability is being affected or not yet. Likely not, but I don't KNOW.

Interesting news... in-laws are going on a week vacation to Colorado... wonder why they chose THAT state..

Whole30 day4. Doing well. Snottiness has gone away. Dry stuffiness is still there, but at least I don't have to block my nose ALL the time now. Sciatic pain is still present. It was bothersome last night while Brad and I were watching Catching Fire. Not sure about peroneal nerve pain. Haven't done much running. Hoping to take advantage of the mid 50 temps tomorrow and get 12-14 miles in.

Saw some sneak peak footage of Divergent. I am so excited to go see it. Looked at tickets online. $11. Not sure if that's a good price or not.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 03-08-2014 at 09:58 AM.

Brady's teacher and I have been talking about Brady's behavior again. She said that his classroom performance has started to slip which makes her concerned that his behavioral impulses and the consequences are starting to impact his self esteem and confidence. After much discussion, I asked her, as a mother, what she would do. She said that when she was his age, she had the same problems and sees the same in her middle child. She said, honestly, as a mom, she would consider medication simply to make the impulses easier to overcome for him - so he didn't have to fight so hard.

I know diet can help. I KNOW it, but it is so incredibly hard to manage. The school, the daycare, other parents, grandparents... it's so much burden to put on them, and impossible to police. I tried that once before. And currently, when given the choice, Brady will always pick the food that will negatively impact his behavior.

As sick as this makes me, I'm considering the medical option. I'm not so concerned about him being on medication as I am about the medication changing his personality overall. He has a perfect heart and amazing compassion and is so fun... I don't want medication to change him, just help him control his behaviors... I have yet to talk to Brad about it. We have parent teacher conferences Wednesday and she and I decided we would use that time to discuss it further, with Brad. *sigh* I don't know what to do...

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    First, what behaviors, specifically, are in question here? What classroom behaviors are slipping? Do you see his school experience negatively impacting his self esteem?

Did his teacher take meds? Does her middle child? Does his teacher have any idea how diet affects behavior?

With that being said/asked I would try, very hard, to get the dietary element in place first. The medication has so many side effects it would be my last option.

I would also look at this from the angle of my child having celiac's. If you knew he had that disease would you not expect/demand everyone in his world follow a protocol that enhanced his health and did not create risks/problems?

And, of course Brady would pick yummy foods that may negatively impact his well being. He's a child. It's up to the adults in his world to give him safe/ healthy choices/restrictions that enhance, safe guard, his well being.

I say all of this as a former first grade teacher and grandmother of a little boy, about your son's age (6), with a severe nut allergy.

He can't seem to sit still, focus, in class. He's constantly very active at the table and disruptive to his friends. His teacher said his work performance has been slipping. He's gone from top of the class to middle of the road bc he's no longer applying himself. She said they administered a test before winter break and he scored 100%. They issued the same test recently and he scored well below that. He fails to follow rules and explains to the teacher that he doesn't know why he can't follow them, just that his brain tells him to do something else. This has all happened since the first of the year.

The teacher has taken meds and still takes them today. Yes, she is seriously considering putting her child on them as well. I don't know if she knows anything about diet.

The problem is that I don't know if *I'm* up for that fight again. I tried last year and found it exhausting. I was the only person interested in his diet.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    He focuses on things he WANTS to focus on - cartoons, youtube videos, video games. But apparently not his school work or classroom lessons.