Page 53 of 580 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153553 ... LastLast

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 53

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    The thing with my boy was nothing unusual. That's his nightly thing and in most cases I don't even know he's there until the next morning when I wake up, but last night he must have been having some pretty serious dreams or something b/c he was crying out, carrying on and thrashing about. It was irritating to say the least b/c I'd had a hard time falling asleep initially b/c I'd used my daughter's inhaler to improve my ability to cough. The medicine made my heart race - I can understand why she doesn't like it. If it makes my heart race, I can only imagine what it does to her little heart.

Had an appointment with Dr. Lake for another A.R.T. treatment. OMG it hurt so badly today! I can normally control my mouth when she's treating me, but today I said "OMG" and "shit, that hurt" more than once. She laughs at me. But my next appointment is a month out instead of a week or two weeks so definitely some positive progression with that. She spent less time on my left sciatic and more time on my right piriformis than anything (the piriformis is what causes my sciatic pain). She spent even more time on my shoulders than on my hips. But one month. I like that. MUCH better than last year when I was seeing her weekly and getting nowhere. Just goes to show that diet DOES indeed play a part in our our bodies feel.

My chief reason for seeing her this time was b/c my foot hurt. I thought it was plantar faciiatis but she told me it was sciatic. After she got the actual pain to go away, I still had a great deal of stiffness after being immobile for a while (like driving to work) and the first 25 yards or so I'd limp til things got loosened up again. Today I noticed no need to limp after driving to work. Nice surprise that was! We discussed how the diet is improving my inflammation but she said it's a toss-up whether the inflammation was caused by the dairy or the sugar. She's also doing a Whole30 variation of her own b/c she said she's been eating a lot of sugar lately too. She's the one that initially introduced me to this program and I can't thank her enough for it.

Anyhow... back to journal reading. I hope everyone is having a good day. I think my exhaustion has stepped away for a while. Hopefully I can get to bed earlier tonight and beat it at it's own game!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Hey Jenn - I don't know how you stand all those bodies in bed with you! That would drive me nuts! They will grow out of it - so take heart! The hubby moaning in his sleep ----- must be dreaming or something. Sometimes my hubby talks in his sleep, it makes me laugh cuz its always something totally weird. Mostly he's just a snorer!

Keep up the great work on the whole30 -- you're making me want to give it a go!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:
    Highest weight: 216
    Current weight: 189 (7-16-14)
    Goal weight: 140

Tomi, we have a king sized bed so there's lots of room.

OH! that makes more sense - we have a Queen. Would have a king - but it won't fit around the corner at the top of the stairs! dang!!!! stupid OLD house!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Candy in Wonderland is online now Senior Member
    Looks like you're doing great on the Whole30, Jenn, good luck!
    My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
    My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
    Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
    Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Day 4 is complete and in the books. This morning I stepped on the scale to find yet another pound gone. YAY! That makes 3 lbs lost since Friday.

At first I was worried about how rapid the weight loss seems to be, but then I reminded myself that I'm eating REAL food, when I'm hungry and until I'm full. I'm not on some starvation diet. I'm not cutting out entire macronutrients. I'm eat meat, vegetables and fruits when I want to in reasonable amounts. I cut out sugar and dairy which is releasing inflammation, which is releasing water. I'm doing just fine.

I have a mild "background noise" headache today. It's kind of annoying. Makes me thing I've entered into ketosis, but I forgot to check this AM.

Seeing 203 on the scale this morning made me rub my eyes, step off and step back on a few times. Once it said 202.8, but then the next time I got on it said 203.0. I said 203.0 like 3 times, so I'll go with that. lol Hopefully 202.x will be the number (or smaller) by Friday.

Oh and so far this morning i'm not feeling exhausted. Both kids slept well and slept all night long in their OWN BEDS! DH woke me up to say goodbye this morning and said "Look honey! You're sleeping alone!" That NEVER happens. lol And DS was cooperative this morning. He got dressed without me nagging. He didn't throw a fit when I shut off the cartoons when it was time to leave. he was a very good boy this morning. So proud of him.

All caught up on journals... now to hit the gym.

I'm having Cod for breakfast! Grok would be proud!!! Have a good day!

OH - thanks for the game request of fb --- but I've gotten so many viruses from fb apps I just stay clear of them 100%. Sorry - I used to love to play scrabble with my friends on there......... so sad to have to stop.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals:

Sorry for the game spam. it's hard keeping track of who plays and who doesn't, so I send things to everyone and figure those who don't play can just ignore me. Plus, there's a way to block them if you don't want them. I posted it on my status a few nights ago, but if you go to the help screen and search "block requests" or something like that, it'll give you instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Sorry for the game spam. it's hard keeping track of who plays and who doesn't, so I send things to everyone and figure those who don't play can just ignore me. Plus, there's a way to block them if you don't want them. I posted it on my status a few nights ago, but if you go to the help screen and search "block requests" or something like that, it'll give you instructions.
    No problem - I usually do just ignore them, but I didn't want to offend, so thought I would explain why I wasn't responding.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Weight goals: