Page 528 of 585 FirstFirst ... 28428478518526527528529530538578 ... LastLast
Results 5,271 to 5,280 of 5844

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 528

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Tomi, this made me think of you: How to cure lactose intolerance
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Ok, I think I have my plan worked out.

This is how the next six weeks will go, starting with this Sunday:

March:
    20 miles, 3 miles, bench press, 4 miles, deadlift, 4 miles, rest
    12 miles, 3 miles, squat, 4 miles, overhead press (OHP), 4 miles, rest
    23 miles, 3 miles, bench press, 4 miles, deadlift, 4 miles, rest
    12 miles, 3 miles, squat, 4 miles, OHP, 4 miles, rest

April:
    10 miles, 3 miles, squat, 4 miles, OHP, 4 miles, rest
    8 miles, 3 miles, deadlift, 4 miles, 4 miles, bench press, rest
    Race day: 26.2 miles, then I dunno...

I'm not sure how I plan to come off my race. I don't know if I plan to do a long run on the weekends or not. If not, I'll do this:

Rest, deadlifts, OHP, run, squat, bench press, run??

^That was my schedule before starting the half marathon and marathon training. I may or may not be able to run on Saturdays again since we'll be racing on Fridays, freeing up the rest of our weekends for family time and other fun things. Maybe I'll be able to keep my mileage up and easily transition back into marathon training come mid-summer (I plan to run another marathon in September, and an ultra in November).

Okie... so, I think I'm happy with that plan. At first, I won't be lifting as much as I really want to b/c of the marathon training, but I'll be doing something toward it - and I'll have to take it easy so I don't jeopardize my training, so don't worry - there won't be any crazy heavy weight stuff going on. I'll be conservative and see how I feel. I'll play it by ear and reassess after the first two weeks of running/lifting.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Well, that is quite a plan. You are indeed a kicker of asses. Best of luck dear lady!
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Thanks, Jon.

I'm experiencing quite a bit of anxiety in regard to this appt on the 6th. I'm really scared that they're going to raise a stink about me not taking meds anymore and will use that to make the determination regarding my va rating. The idea of this appt makes my stomach sour and my throat feel tight.

I've honestly never heard of them lowering a rating, and I was point blank told that ratings are not lowered when meeting with the VA lady initially when getting out of the Army - "Get rated, even if 0% Ratings can't go down, only up!" were her words or some such.

Then be honest. Tell them you still need the meds because you are experiencing panic, anxiety, depression etc. However, you are not taking them regularly because you are doing all you can to fight it naturally but you still experience X,Y,Z and have to go see the Princess of Pain for A, B, C and blah blah. That is assuming it even comes up. Like you said, you are treating it, it is not cured. You are just not treating it by popping meds.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

I can't help but worry about it with sequestration and all that crap going on. Who knows what % the VA has to cut out...

I don't see Dr. Lake for anything service related. My service related disability is 100% mental health related. I'm just scared of how much detail to give them. There are things that I experienced that I didn't even tell Brad about b/c I was afraid of what would happen as a result of letting someone know. I hit my lowest point almost three years after exiting the Army, but prior to finding Primal. My lowest point was the reason I gave Primal a serious chance. I certainly don't feel cured, but I don't feel as bad as I did before. I'm also afraid that I'm going to discover just how messed up I am still despite the perceived improvements and have been ignoring or refusing to believe it all this time.

Exercise helps your symptoms. Dr. Lake helps you exercise. As such, it is part of your treatment right? That is how I would sell it.

That works! Thanks, Jon!

Planning another Whole30. I saw a group of people at MFP are doing one in conjunction with Lent. Starting March 5 and going through April 20. That'll see me through my marathon so I think I'll join them.

I was planning to run today. Not sure if I'll run or lift. I was experiencing some peroneal nerve pain (written as I scarf down a strawberry banana Chobani) so I'm thinking maybe I should wait til tomorrow and lift today. I have a 20 miler this weekend that I don't want to jeopardize by not allowing the nerve pinch site to relax. I could do some body weight lower body stuff - or some really light weighted stuff - like squats with just the bar or whatever.

Experienced more anxiety as I was driving to work when I thought about this appointment coming up. I really hope they don't see my lack of medication as a sign of "being cured". Like Jon said - it takes diet and exercise to keep me functional, so I'm treated but not cured. I just don't want my rating to go down... it affects more than just the check they cut us each month (which we depend on 100%) but also affects the ranking I receive when being considered for jobs and affects my job security should there ever be a reduction in force at work (layoffs). That stupid little rating protects me financially, while also providing for me financially. Life could turn upside down should it be reduced. So, I'm just a wee bit worried about it.

tomi is offline Senior Member
    Sorry, Jenn .............. I think Jon is giving you some really good advice. Sell it like he says to and I think that's you're best fighting chance.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

I'm doing this because I'm worth it - because I'm worthy - because I love myself.

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

I don't doubt for a second that Jon is right and that's how I need to explain it. Just forming the way I want to explain it and how to make sure I don't forget anything, while also not giving too much away, is tricky. I thought about telling the psych that I would answer questions and volunteer nothing, but I figured that'd leave out a lot of symptoms I experience and I should probably just do some of those online tests and take them with me so we have things to talk about. I experience a LOT of symptoms still, but they're minimized as long as I eat properly. As soon as I start eating crap foods (i.e. sugar, especially) I fall right back into that trap of worthlessness and crushing fear. I also probably experience things I didn't realize were related.

For some reason this just reminded me that I need to put in my leave request for said appointment.

Went to the gym with a different plan today. I was supposed to run, but decided I didn't really want to, and then ended up doing it anyway. I went in with the intent to do some weight lifting. I did 3 sets of 10 deadlifts, 3 sets of 10 back squats and 3 sets of 10 overhead press, each with a 45 lb barbell - just enough to wake my muscles up after their long weight lifting break. Then I ran 2 miles. It felt ok. I felt good enough that I could have kept going, but I was running out of time so I didn't. I just hope that means tomorrow's 4 miler will be a good one. 20 miles schedules for Sunday. Yikes!