Page 526 of 553 FirstFirst ... 26426476516524525526527528536 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,260 of 5527

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 526

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    OMG. How stupid.

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Welcome to Army 101, Paula... all you need to know is change is the only constant, nothing ever makes sense and everything's a gawd-damned pissing match...

Today's Mantra: I love the Army. I love the Army. I love the Army.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Quick observation: sugar makes me bloat. Bad. I had a Dove Dark Chocolate bar (I know, crappy dark chocolate, but it's the best I could do in the chocolate department) and I'm bloated up pretty good - tummy is all distended and uncomfy...

That is all.

Oh wait... I'm also reading The Paleo Diet for Athletes. Interesting stuff. No wonder I feel so good after a run and recover so quickly when I eat within the Paleo guidelines. Why isn't this mainstream yet???
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 02-21-2014 at 02:07 PM.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Read that over xmas. Thought of you the whole time. Glad you got your hands on it.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    good grief!!! don't you love governmental BS!

Sorry the extra running isn't translating into weight loss - I'd be pissed off! Maybe its something you're eating? Or it could be you're building muscle as you're losing fat??? Do you feel firmer and tighter? Clothes any better fitting?
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Hi Jenn! Just catching up. Sorry for your aggravations. One foot in front of the other, girl.

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Welcome to Army 101, Paula... all you need to know is change is the only constant, nothing ever makes sense and everything's a gawd-damned pissing match....
    Ah, so it is Army wide. How depressing. Here I was holding out hope that there was sanity somewhere. All this over moving offices. It's not like someone stole a tank.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Ah, so it is Army wide. How depressing. Here I was holding out hope that there was sanity somewhere. All this over moving offices. It's not like someone stole a tank.
    Nope, no tanks were stolen... just the corner office. Boss came in today and we discussed it. He said either they give up that office space which is more appropriate for a directorate level executive than a staff level executive, or they hand over $80,000 to renovate our current office. He'll never see $80,000 to renovate... so it's just a matter of getting them to hand over the keys. And there's no reason they shouldn't hand them over.

It's Monday. I'm tired. My watchband broke while making Brady's bed last night. Got a new one coming. Had $6 in gift cards to Amazon, so I used that to offset the cost.

Still reading The Paleo Diet for Athletes.

Had a bad food weekend - well, Sunday was a bad food day, I should say. I went to the local fire department's pancake breakfast with my dad. All of our fire departments are volunteer departments, and the equipment is all purchased using fundraising dollars and tax dollars. We have some REALLY good equipment (I'd argue it's probably second best in the county, 2nd to the county seat which is a large city with paid fire fighters), but there's always a need for more, newer, bigger equipment, so I try to make it a point to go to these things. I'd be kicking myself in the ass if they responded to a fire at my house and the house was a total loss b/c of bad hoses b/c I didn't eat their pancakes, ya know? So, I went. I took Kenna with me. $10 donation for all you can eat scrambled eggs, sausage links and pancakes for two people. Brad and Brady were out cutting wood for Grandma's furnace. She has a central boiler, which is a big wood stove outside the house that heats water and pumps the hot water into the house for heating purposes. I think it also heats the water heater in some way shape or form. Anyway, this winter has been very cold so she's gone through more wood than usual, so the boys had to go cut up some fallen trees and split the wood for her. (FIL fills the burner every day). My dad has one of these boilers too. Cost wise, my dad got a 100% return investment within the first two years of use b/c he no longer had a gas bill. His heating bill went from $300 a month to whatever gas he used for his kitchen stove. That's quite the adjustment! Brad and I have discussed it, but cutting wood is a TON of work, takes a TON of time, and sourcing available wood is hard... so.... we've stuck with what we've got. Our yearly heating bill is pretty low (presently we're paying $39 a month for gas on the budget plan).

So, wow... got way off track there. After the pancakes, I opened myself up to eating whatever the hell I wanted. I'd already poisoned myself with gluten, so I figured I might as well keep up the onslaught and had some girl scout cookies. I'm not sure why I buy them - they're no better tasting than the knock off version at Dollar General (seriously... if you love caramel delights or thin mints, check out your local dollar g... they have the exact same thing for $1.25 a box).

I had some potato salad made with commercial mayo on Saturday night. That was a bad idea. Instant inflammation. My left sciatic was all sorts of pissed off yesterday. Throbbing in the hip and stabbing in the heel (when I tried to run). I ended up scrapping my run b/c I just didn't care enough about it to run through the pain.

I'm back on track today...

Gut: seems to be getting better. Itching seems to be completely gone. Prescript assist is apparently doing something. Still haven't had an gut wrenching cramps to indicate the war is on, but I have had some less than pleasant gas... Actually, a lot... so I suspect that's the side effect of the war going on. Whatever... as long as things get under control eventually so I can move on. I'm also eating a yogurt every day to give my body the beneficial bacteria that feed the probiotics so a good environment can become established... it's what I read to do anyway...

Anyhow... I don't have anything substantial to contribute at this time. Feeling kind of meh today... not sure if it's depression from the crappy foods this weekend or if I'm just tired, but feeling pretty meh about everything today. Not even sure if I'm going to go the gym and knock out those three miles or not... meh... idk. Right now I'm going to work on the boss' travel voucher to get him paid for his travel last week and then probably meh at my desk... I don't like feeling meh...

tomi is online now Senior Member
    You could be just a little out of balance - hence only some troublesome gas issues I've been taking 2 PA everyday for a month now. I'm doing better - but it still seems that any dietary impropriety sends me into gut distress and frequenting the bathroom. I'm dropping to one pill a day now - as prescribed by the SCD folks. I'm glad the itching is gone! Yeah!

I can relate to the MEH feelings. For me - its weather, and not feeling so good physically. I need sun and warmth - and I need my gut and shoulder fixed.

I had an OFF evening......... well, sorta. I've been spot on with my diet - but Saturday night I had some vodka/club soda/kombucha. Nothing really bad happened --- but I could tell it was effecting my gut. According to Stop the Vicious Cycle - vodka is on the "legal" list -- according to my gut - it isn't. I don't know about you - but I'm starting to decide that the after effects of eating/drinking off the grid are just not worth it!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

As per Marcadav:
    Do 30-60 days clean primal.
    No grains, sugar, alcohol.
    Eat 3 meals and primal snacks.
    Don't track food.
    Don't tweak.
    Don't expect issues to go away quickly. Instead, just follow the plan and see how things play out.
    Decide on an exercise plan you can/will do consistently during the 30-60 days and then do it.

margalott is online now Senior Member
    Nothing like a bad food weekend to put things all in perspective! I like to think of it as a reminder, " oh yeah...that's why I avoid all this stuff normally." Or " yeah...that stuff still doesn't work for me." Hope you feel better though!

P.S. Hello from a new forum member! Slowly making my rounds on journals