Page 521 of 584 FirstFirst ... 21421471511519520521522523531571 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,210 of 5832

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 521

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    A timely post share by a friend. Not sure if she's stalking me here or not... but it was really really timely... almost too timely... *shifters* lol

http://keybiotics.com/video_toon.php
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    Yes - I do believe it is 72 virgins. How bout we just let him be a virgin to 72 big mean inmates for the rest of his natural life???
    Would it be possible to get a list of the crimes where gang rape is an acceptable form of punishment? I'm pretty sure that is not what the founders had in mind when crafting our form of government (see the 8th amendment) but I am always interested in the evolving views of these matters. Thanks.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Well, I'm going to Bataan by myself. My friend Wendy can't go now. I'm really bummed about this. She had some unexpected expenses come up and can't afford to fly out now. I can understand that... been there, done that... but now the question is, do I want to go badly enough to go solo? Another gal I know is going, but she's also going as a member of a group and I don't want to crash the party, ya know?

I have decided I am going to incorporate greek yogurt into my routine for a while. And I think I'm going to go back to the GAPS food list. Since bringing sweet potatoes and rice back, the digestion has all but stopped - depsite hte use of the probiotic. Lots of gas build-up, bloating and the like, but no favorable activity... hoping some yogurt will help as well. I was looking back over the last couple of years and things started to slow down about the time I stopped eating yogurt. Might just be a coincidence, but I'm going to try it. So I'll be picking up some Chobani this weekend. Hopefully I can find 4% fat or higher... doubtful, though.

Brad and I are going out for dinner tonight. Texas Roadhouse. mmmm... I'm going to avoid the glutenzzzz, but everything else is fair game.

After finding out Wendy's not going to Bataan, I'm almost considering backing out myself... and finding a marathon closer to home... but since Anna is still going, I'll probably still go - though I don't really want to now. I was really looking forward to hanging out with Wendy.

I am considering bowing out of the Bataan race. Unless Brad wants to go with me, I'm probably going to bow out and find a race closer to home. There's a marathon in April in Champaign, Illinois and one in Rochester, Minnesota in May. That'll give me 4-8 more weeks to train too... *sigh* I don't know what I want to do.

Bataan would be cool... I mean, to simply say I had done Bataan would be freaking awesome, but the only people who recognize it are military... non-military have no idea what it is. So, as far as the real world is concerned, who cares? A marathon is a marathon - there's no distinguishing the difficulty or "importance" if no one knows what the race is...

I'm gonna talk to Brad about it. I have plenty of time to decide, really.

Pros:
    Save the flight money - roughly $300-$400
    Miss out on very difficult race
    Don't have to travel alone, stay alone, be bored alone
    Don't have to miss my family
    There are a ton of races I can do instead
    Could just wait to do a marathon in later years like originally planned and strength train instead

Cons:
    Miss the race
    Lose out on $100 race entry fee
    Miss out on awesome medals
    Miss out on very difficult race
    Lose out on unrecognizable bragging rights

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    It sucks your friend is bowing out of the Bataan. That would be a bad ass course to finish. It does look like the pros out-weigh the cons though. However, if you do do it, brag to me, I know it is a huge f*cking deal and will totally appreciate how bad ass you are.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Well, thanks, Jon, but again - you're former military. lol Not that that status makes it less bad ass, it just means you SHOULD understand. lol

Man, I'm so torn about what to do... I need to talk to Brad. I know what he's going to suggest, but I still want to talk to him about it.

And it's not like the course ends this year - it'll go on til the end of time, I'm sure. There's no reason I can't run it another year when Wendy can go.

I have officially opted out of the Bataan Memorial Death March Marathon for 2014. Wendy and I are talking about it for next year.

In lieu of the BMDMM, I am signing up for the Illinois Marathon, to take place on April 26th - one month later than Bataan. It'll give me 4 more weeks to train, which will be helpful. Maybe I can do a second 20 miler or go past 20 miles... Haven't decided yet. Part of me just wants to say no to the marathon at this point and go back to strength training... I am still grossly overwhelmed by the idea of a marathon - especially solo. If someone were doing it with me, I might not be so overwhelmed. But, it's just like any other challenge... Just have to overcome and adapt, right?

Russian Circus came early. And with a vengance. Skipped the run yesterday due to pain with walking, which is indicative that it is indeed NOT a run day.

Bringing dairy back brought back that peroneal nerve pain. Planning to make an appointment with Dr. Lake to work that out. Dairy is again gone. That was all I had reintroduced before the pain started up again. So, for the sake of my ability to run, dairy has to remain off limits - or significantly reduced - like one day a week max.

Body stuff: probiotic seems to be working... maybe? The itch is significantly reduced. I haven't had any warring in my gut, which I was quite honestly looking forward to as a sign that things were working. Taking two prescript assist capsules a day. If things flare up again, I'll be speaking to the staff at Dr. Lake's office. They sell a product meant to attack candida called Candibactrim or something - manufactured by Metagenics. It's $35 a bottle for a 30 day supply x 2 formulations to take for a month, so $70. Not covered by insurance and likely not by FSA. At least there's another option, I guess.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    I have officially opted out of the Bataan Memorial Death March Marathon for 2014. Wendy and I are talking about it for next year.

In lieu of the BMDMM, I am signing up for the Illinois Marathon, to take place on April 26th - one month later than Bataan. It'll give me 4 more weeks to train, which will be helpful. Maybe I can do a second 20 miler or go past 20 miles... Haven't decided yet. Part of me just wants to say no to the marathon at this point and go back to strength training... I am still grossly overwhelmed by the idea of a marathon - especially solo. If someone were doing it with me, I might not be so overwhelmed. But, it's just like any other challenge... Just have to overcome and adapt, right?

Russian Circus came early. And with a vengance. Skipped the run yesterday due to pain with walking, which is indicative that it is indeed NOT a run day.

Bringing dairy back brought back that peroneal nerve pain. Planning to make an appointment with Dr. Lake to work that out. Dairy is again gone. That was all I had reintroduced before the pain started up again. So, for the sake of my ability to run, dairy has to remain off limits - or significantly reduced - like one day a week max.

Body stuff: probiotic seems to be working... maybe? The itch is significantly reduced. I haven't had any warring in my gut, which I was quite honestly looking forward to as a sign that things were working. Taking two prescript assist capsules a day. If things flare up again, I'll be speaking to the staff at Dr. Lake's office. They sell a product meant to attack candida called Candibactrim or something - manufactured by Metagenics. It's $35 a bottle for a 30 day supply x 2 formulations to take for a month, so $70. Not covered by insurance and likely not by FSA. At least there's another option, I guess.
    4 weeks is a lot of time..... give you plenty of time to hit your long distance goals...