Page 514 of 584 FirstFirst ... 14414464504512513514515516524564 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,140 of 5833

Thread: My Journey from Sugar Burner to Fat Burner - jenn26point2's Primal Journal page 514

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have a fairly new scale and it does the same thing - varies by a pound or 2 each time I step on and off. Right now I'm going by the first read and not stepping on a second time. And I've tried it on different surfaces - makes no difference. I have carpet so I made a platform with cabinet knobs for "feet". The scale is in contact with a hard surface at all times - but I can't say that surface is necessarily level. I'm not sure if that effects the scale reading or not. Its only a rough guide to tell me I'm getting smaller - which is the goal. I want to LGN! What ever number gets me there is fine! But I'm shooting for what I believe will be the right LGN number....... 135. I was 152 when I married hubby, and I felt frumpy in my wedding dress. Looking for lean and mean for entering my senior years!!
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Goals: Healthy mind, healthy body, happy soul.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Stepped on the same new scale in the same spot in the closet and it weighed me 5 pounds lighter than yesterday... Pulled out the old scale and put it in the same spot and it said 183, just like yesterday. New scale is getting returned.

I joined a 5 day clean eating group on Facebook. It's run by a girl who works for BeachBody and sells Shakeology. She posted a meme about eating foods that come from plants rather than foods made in a plant... and then in the next thread, talks about having Shakeology for breakfast... so this was the question I posed to the group: "Riddle me this... why is Shakeology considered clean? Isn't it a product that is made from foods taken out of their original form and transformed into something else entirely, unrecognizable in relation to it's original form, where only portions of the whole food are used? I realize there are no funky chemicals added, but it's still processed to the hilt, is it not? Made in a plant, rather than in our kitchens?" I wonder what kind of backlash I'll get for that - I bet it will be more respectful than the backlash I'd get at MFP...

Speaking of MFP... it is getting freaking ridiculous! No respect for others and their choices what so ever... Just people posting gifs about how stupid someone is for their reasoning, I'm beginning to hate it there. Makes me want to go back to Sparkpeople. At least at SP, the MEMBERS accepted Paleo as a viable option, unlike MFP where they call it a cult. *eyeroll*

Got the pink band for my Fitbit. It's soooo cute! I love it.

4 mile run planned for today. I hope I get the treadmill I like. I only feel comfortable on one single treadmill in the gym, out of like 20 treadmills. It's sad really. Running with one of the girls who is doing Bataan... oh, that reminds me... gotta research flight costs again today.

Only waiting on one more 1099-MISC, then we'll be able to file our taxes. Presently, it's looking like between state and federal, we'll be getting in excess of $4000 back. Can't wait to apply every dollar of it to that loan and getting it paid off in November.

I was sent a spreadsheet at work that shows how much time I've completed and now much time I have left until retirement. The earliest I can retire from here is age 57, no matter how many years I have in... so, 23 years left no matter what. I gotta get these debts paid off so I can start saving for my retirement. No, I don't presently save. I WAS saving, but then I read Dave Ramsey and he said to suspend retirement savings for now, sock that money toward debts and then when the debts are paid off, you can save your retirement in record time. Logically, it's true. In practice, it could be true - if we could get our debts paid off. So, this is my motivation to getting those debts paid off. RETIREMENT SAVINGS! According to one of those retirement planning sites out there, I need at LEAST 3 million for retirement. *sigh* that's a lot to save... and rather depressing to think about. So, on to something else.

I'm gonna take a walk and go show my new band to a friend. Have a nice day, everyone.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    We're getting nearly $4k as well I'm just waiting for one 1099-INT for a savings account I have in Maine, should not affect the refund much if at all. I wish I could just toss it all towards my student loans, but we need to save it for now. Maybe some of it can go there later this year, but at least half should remain in savings assuming we don't need it.

Do you not have a 401k through your job?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

There is one available, but I do not contribute to it presently. The only thing that comes out of my check is health insurance and taxes presently as part of this debt payoff plan.

Does the savings account you have got a big balance? If the interest earned is small, I think under $600, you don't have to claim it. I've never had to claim interest on a savings account.

The Shakeology conversation has been interesting - civil debate. Not something I'm used to seeing. Usually, diet, politics and religion create a terrible debate topic b/c people get so defensive. These people are not getting defensive and actually said I make some valid points. I think the debate is over, though. It was good while it lasted. I'm sure it'll get revived later when new people see the topic.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    There is one available, but I do not contribute to it presently. The only thing that comes out of my check is health insurance and taxes presently as part of this debt payoff plan.

Does the savings account you have got a big balance? If the interest earned is small, I think under $600, you don't have to claim it. I've never had to claim interest on a savings account.
    That savings account has under $200 presently, but had up to $800 or more last year. We're going to wait until a mid-February to file, just in case, so I have time for the missing document to show up anyway.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I'm anxious for that last 1099 to show up now so I can file and use part of it to buy my plane ticket to NM. Then that stressor will be gone. Then I will sock the remaining $4,000 toward that debt and be done. ***ETA: Brad just sent me a text and told me the last 1099 has arrived.

Day 2 of GAPS and Day 24 of Whole30. The HONGRIES that come from a long run caught up with me today. Wanna eat eat eat... Like tummy rumbling hungry. I'm really surprised by how few foods I have to give up to follow GAPS (based off of what I already gave up for Whole30). But since I'm going to the dr tomorrow for the possible bladder infection and I'm sure she's going to prescribe antibiotics (since there's blood and all that involved and it's kind of more urgent - according to her), I'll also probably ask her for the diflucan prescription so I can keep the candida at bay a bit... I still have ZERO pain with this whatever it is infection. Just the blood... which I find to be so strange. I guess I'll learn more tomorrow.

In other news, I have discovered a new blog that I am absolutely in love with. You all know that I'm striving to be a better housekeeper this year - to develop a habit and a method for keeping up with it. The other day I was playing around on facebook and you know on the right of the screen mixed in with the ads where Facebook provides you with suggested sites, asks you what you think of X Movie, etc? Well, there was a FB page that only one of my Facebook friends had liked. So I right clicked on it to open in a new tab (I was playing a game after all and didn't want to leave it! lol). This is where I found probably the greatest source for organizing and cleaning I have found - it simplifies Flylady. It's A Slob Comes Clean Check it out if you struggle with keeping a house tidy or just want some ideas. I know there were a few of us who were all trying to do the Flylady thing a while back.
    Last edited by jenn26point2; 01-30-2014 at 10:00 AM.

theprimalcajun is offline Senior Member
    Awesome site Jenn!!! Looking forward to reading more of her stuff! I pretty much gave up on doing the FlyLady thing. I still do my morning routines & some of the other things I learned from her, but it just got be to overwhelming. And I didn't appreciate being told I had to get "dressed to shoes" every morning!! Bleh! I think her system is great for those it works for...but this other lady seems to be much more "realistic" in her expectations. Thanks for sharing the link!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

So, the blood in the urine turned out to NOT be blood... it turns out it was color from the beets and prunes I've been eating. I had a sneaky suspicion about this the other day, but was worried still. It turns out when you suddenly start eating prunes and pair that with beets, your poo and pee will become "dyed" by those foods. A recent BM created this inkling in my mind, but when the reddish tinge in my urine didn't go away, I continued to worry. So, no bladder infection - just too many red/purple foods. She's still going to culture the urine to see if anything grows. It'll be interesting to see if any candida grows. I read that it can be found in urine if the overgrowth is significant.

Speaking of candida - symptoms have started to abate. The incredible itching is less frequent and less severe. Today would be day 3 of GAPS.

My right hand was hurting soooo bad today. I couldn't do much of anything with it that involve grasping or "sliding" (like sliding my id card out of the sleeve so I could get on post this morning). I went to see Dr. Lake, and burned up some sick leave instead of using my lunch b/c I wasn't willing to sacrifice my lunch run. I'm glad I went to see her today instead of waiting til Tuesday (my next non-run day where I could see her over lunch). My hand feels amazing already! Just some mild annoying achiness when I rotate my thumb, which is WAY more than I could do before seeing her. She said my radial nerve was trapped - likely from my fall. After my fall, I saw her for the left arm b/c it was physically hurting, the right felt fine... but today. Oh my... it was rough. Try brushing your hair and putting it in a ponytail when you can't grasp... it's tough!

GAPS Day 4: Candida symptoms briefly this morning. Nothing seriously bothersome - just enough to be noticed.

I made this amazing dinner last night. I got it from Inspiralized | A food blog dedicated to everything spiralized, including zucchini pasta.. It was a pancetta spaghetti recipe. So good. And so easy. The recipe called for lentils, but bein's they're not Whole30, I left them out. To replace their protein content, I tossed in a pound of ground pork. It was so incredibly delicious! The original recipe (posted in Food Network Magazine) was altered by the blog writer to eliminate the spaghetti and replace it with zucchini noodles. And guess what... BRAD ATE THE NOODLES!! WAHOOOOO!!! He's such a kid when it comes to new food ideas so I thought for sure he'd pass on the noodles, but he tried them and said it was really good. Brady and Makenna devoured it too. So good. It's definitely a keeper. This is how I made it. Here's a link to the recipe as written.

1 pound ground pork
    4 oz pancetta - chopped
    1 medium onion - chopped
    4 cloves garlic - chopped
    28 oz can and 15 oz can of whole tomatoes
    8 basil leaves - roughly chopped
    Sea salt
    1/2 cup water - optional

Brown and scramble pork and chopped pancetta. Set aside meat in a separate bowl, leaving pork grease in the pan. Add onions to pan and saute until translucent. Once translucent, add garlic and saute til brown. Reduce heat to low and add meat mixture.

In another bowl, crush the canned tomatoes using a potato masher. Add tomatoes and water from cans to meat mixture. Add 1/2 cup water (next time I would leave this extra water out as I like a thicker sauce). Add basil and roughly a 1/2 tsp of salt. Bring pot to a boil, reduce to simmer. Simmer 10 minutes, or longer if you want a thicker sauce.

I spiralized 3 zucchini and sauteed them lightly in olive oil and a tiny bit of water - just until warmed. Plate the zucchini and top with sauce. Enjoy!

Next time, I'll spiralize MORE zucchini. I honestly didn't expect Brad to like it with zucchini so I didn't make much. I'll definitely have to make more next time. The zucchini is lost easily in the chunkiness of the sauce so it's perfect. I can't wait to make it again.